Tummy

Bookshop

Kyuhyun was busy helping at the Bookshop, arranging those books that they bought from Sydney. The books arrived a day after they reached Melbourne, delivered by the Australian Post. Kyuhyun was thankful that their plane landed safely after circulating Tullamarine airspace three times due to turbulence, and that he could smile and kissed her and didn't tell Sungmin at all about the turbulence when she finally woke up after the plane has landed.

He would be starting his last leg of attachment in two days time, thereafter attending his graduation ceremony and starting his 'real job'. During last night's dinner, however, Sungmin had said that she would love to attend his graduation but felt ashamed coming with a big tummy. She suggested to Kyuhyun to invite his parents instead, and sponsored their flight tickets to fly to Melbourne to attend the ceremony. 

Kyuhyun had said "Min, why will you feel ashame? I will be so proud showing you off to my friends, that I will be a father soon, and that we are happily married".

"They might talk behind your back, saying that isit a shortgun marriage since you suddenly got married before graduation and wasted your youth away. If you are single, you can tour with your friends after graduation and before starting your job". 

"I rather spend time with you rather than going tour with my friends" 

"It will be boring just looking after me, Kyu"

"Never! Never boring. And you are attending my graduation. Period." Kyuhyun had said and got up to clear their plates. Sungmin knew that she should keep quiet already, now that she has made Kyuhyun annoyed. It wasn't her intention to make Kyuhyun to feel out of place among his friends, just because he is married. She was trying to be considerate, that Kyuhyun could always go out with his friends and enjoy his after-college life.

She didn't realised that Kyuhyun had seated next to her and she was being pulled into his arms. "I am so in love with you and I want to spend every second of my available time with you. Yes, maybe once in a while I might hangout with my friends, but trust me, the one person that I want to spend time with is you" and Kyuhyun kissed her temple and continued to hug her.

Sungmin smile and stayed in Kyuhyun's arms. Of course she wants Kyuhyun to be with her all the time, but she has to be considerate, she thought quietly.

Back at the Bookshop in present time, Kyuhyun heard some books fell to the floor. Worried that the books might hit Sungmin, he walked briskly to where Sungmin was. They had not open the bookshop to customers yet as it was still early morning.

"Min, are you alright?" Kyuhyun rounded the corner of the bookshelves near the staircase and found Sungmin, bending down trying to pick up the books on the floor. He quickly pulled her up "Min, I get the books, you go and sit down first". 

"I'm ok. Just a bit cramp and I forgot I was holding those books when I touched my tummy, so the books drop from my hand" Sungmin said, walking towards her counter to sit and rest. 

Kyuhyun picked up the fallen books. They were travel books on Tasmania. An idea came to him. 

Kyuhyun poured a glass of warm water for Sungmin, who thanked him and drank it. Then Kyuhyun said "Min, want to go to Tasmania? We can ask Changmin and Victoria along and drive around from Hobart to the Eastern coast. It's not so taxing compared to the western coast. And you get to rest while sightseeing because you stayed in the car while we drives".

Sungmin was surprised but happy because she has never been to Tasmania eventhough the island was not too far off from Melbourne. "When? Before you start work?" Sungmin asked. 

"Yes, we can board a domestic flight from Tullamarine airport to Hobart and then we rent a car to drive around" Kyuhyun said smiling at Sungmin. "But first we need to get clearance from the gynae whether you can travel or not". 

"Oh yeah, ok" Sungmin said, while thinking. By the time Kyuhyun graduated, her pregnancy would be 5 months. Should still be ok to travel, she thought, hoping that she wouldn't feel bad cramps so that Kyuhyun would not be too worried. 

"You'll be about 5 months pregnant. After the gynae said ok for you to travel, I will text Chwang!!"

On her 1st check-up with the Melbourne gynae recommended by the Sydney hospital, Sungmin's pregnancy was certified healthy, and baby was growing well. Kyuhyun loved hearing the dugun-dugun-dugun fast heartbeats of his baby and seeing the ultrascan made him feel surreal that it was his very own baby. 

The gynae told them that they could travel, but not hiking or do something that tiring and harmful to the baby. Sungmin was advice with more prescriptions for her anaemic condition and was also advice to eat regularly and healthily. And, as Sungmin was petite, she would feel cramps regularly since her womb need to expand and would definitely hit her organs surrounding her womb. Best heal for cramps is drinking warm honey and relax so that the tension would slowly ease away. 

It was tiring for Sungmin to work alone in her Bookshop when Kyuhyun started his attachment. Victoria would come over to help twice a week, and Sungmin has to manage alone for the rest of the week. During lunch time, she would walk slowly to Melbourne Central to get her food. The best part of being pregnant was, she always get to be serve first, and she always got seats! People would readily gave up their seats at the central area of the food hall where there were tables and chairs for people to sit and eat their meals. 

A few days later, Sungmin was trying her dresses on Saturday morning, two weeks before Kyuhyun's graduation. She felt strange, because all her dresses suddenly became too tight. Even those dresses that she bought in Sydney were tight "Hmmm, I must be putting on a lot of weight" Sungmin said aloud. Most of her dresses were too tight around her and around her tummy. And she was just 19 weeks pregnant!! How could that be?? 

Kyuhyun was amused when he heard about his wife fretting about not being able to fit into her dresses. "Min, you are pregnant, of course you cannot fit into your old dresses. Mmm, let's go shopping to get some maternity dresses for you" Kyuhyun walked towards her and hugged her from behind. He loved hugging her growing tummy and kissing her neck. 

"But Kyu, maternity dresses are expensive and I only wear them for a few months. It's not worth the money". 

"Who says you'll wear them only for a few months? We are going to have 2nd and 3rd kids and.... ouchhhhh" Kyuhyun laughed when he got pinched by Sungmin. Mockingly, he said "What??? We are not going to stop at 1 kid...."

"Shut up..." 

"Hahaha.. ok ok shall we go?" Kyuhyun  pull her gently while turning her around to face him. To him, Sungmin looked even pretty and glowing in her pregnancy state. Even when she's in a simple big-size tee-shirt and maternity pants, she still looked adorably beautiful. 

"You are so beautiful, do you know that? And please, don't hide your tummy. I am so proud that my wife is pregnant and I want to show to everyone how glowingly beautiful you are being pregnant" Kyuhyun smile and kissed Sungmin lips. 

"Let me get ready and we can go, ok" Sungmin said, smiling at him.

Though Lonsdale Street was nearby, they took tram so that Sungmin wouldn't be too tired. They went to Emporium Melbourne, to a shop call Ripe Maternity Wear. They bought maternity pants, maternity skirts, blouses and two maternity dresses because Sungmin couldn't decide which dress to wear for Kyuhyun's graduation.

They got news that Kyuhyun's parents would be coming down from Seoul to attend the graduation. They texted Kyuhyun to confirm that they would be reaching Tullamarine on the Wednesday before the graduation ceremony, and would be flying back to Seoul two weeks later. 

Kyuhyun's mum texted "We can't wait to see you and Sungmin with her tummy!! I'm bringing a Hanbok 
for her to wear on your graduation, Kyu. It's meant for pregnant woman, so Sungmin should be able to fit. See you two soon!". 

"What..? Wear a hanbok for your graduation? But but I will look even bigger.....Kyu....can...can I reject your mother's hanbok...?"