Graduation day

Bookshop


It was Kyuhyun's graduation day and Sungmin had put on the hanbok that her mother-in-law brought along. It was beautiful but she felt shy as surely a lot of guests would look at her and her mother-in-law as they wore something different from what the Aussie wore.

Kyuhyun hugged her from behind as she was fixing her hair. "You look so pretty, Min" he kissed her neck and helped her to pin up her hair. Her tummy was showing eventhough the hanbok was loose and in dark colours.

"I look so fat. Can I just stay at the bookshop?"

"No, I want you to be there. But remember to bring along the biscuits, and just eat them if you starts to feel the hunger pangs"

"It's so embarrassing if they see me with tummy in a graduation ceremony" 

"What's there to be embarrass about? I feel so proud that my wife is pregnant"

"But you just graduating, Kyu, and still young. Most of your university mates must be planning for places to travels after graduation, but instead, you have to start work because of me and our baby" 

"So what, we can always travel with our baby next time. When I decided to get married to you, I have already think of all these things that I have to give up. And I have no regrets because I love you for real and I never want it to be any other way".

Sungmin was quiet. Kyuhyun was nothing but a blessing from God. She is so thankful that Kyuhyun comes into her life, but sometimes she couldn't help feeling again and again that she has robbed Kyuhyun's freedom by marrying her. She felt Kyuhyun's hands on her face and then getting kissed by him. 

"Min, don't think about the past. Only think about the future, with me and our baby. We'll do everything together and tackle each hardship that comes along the way, together. So, don't be shy or embarrassed when my uni mates see you with tummy. They can say whatever they want to say, the main thing is I love you and I love our baby".

Sungmin nodded and smile. Its easier said than done and Kyuhyun was not in her shoes. But as what he said, other people can say whatever they want to say, so she just have to embrace whatever comes her way and take good care of herself. 

They reached the university campus early and Sungmin helped Kyuhyun to put on his graduation gown in the hall. He looked so gorgeous and handsome, and even Sungmin herself missed a few heartbeats. She could imagine how many girls were crazy about her husband and there would be one long line of girls waiting for him!  They took lots of photos together and with her in-laws, and in one photo, Kyuhyun even managed to kiss Sungmin on her cheek seconds before the photo was snapped. 

Kyuhyun would be graduating in Masters in Global Business, majoring in business finance and financial analysis, and he had completed his Masters with flying colours, achieving the top 3 highest score in his cohort. Sungmin and Kyuhyun's parents were so proud of him and congratulated him. 

Mrs Cho was especially proud of her son. Though Kyuhyun stayed far away from her, he would always call to update her on his daily life, and fly home almost every Christmas, and never asked for extra money for his expenses. He worked during his spare time and covered his daily expenses himself. Mr Cho only need to pay for his course fee, and had told Kyuhyun frequently that he don't need to pay him back. 

Mrs Cho also admired her daughter-in-law, Sungmin, who was so independent and entrepreneur. Eventhough she had lost her parents at a young age, she was still able to look after herself, didn't forget her roots, respectful towards older people, and very pretty. A simple girl, yet very pretty. 

She noticed that Sungmin was looking at somebody in the crowd. Kyuhyun had gone into the main threatrette to join his classmates. "Sungmin dear, who are you looking at?" she asked her daughter-in-law gently while holding her hand. 

"Omma, that lady" Sungmin was gesturing towards a tall lady in tight skirt, talking with another lady. Seemed like that lady came to accompany her friend who was graduating too. "She worked with Kyu during their internship at Sydney. I met her at a bookshop in Liverpool Street" 

"Oh that's nice, she's a Korean too?" 

"Yes, Omma, but she don't have a kind heart" Sungmin still recalled how Irene tried to push her. "She likes Kyu and when she got to know that Kyu is married, she tried to harm me when she saw us at that bookshop" Sungmin said sadly. 

"Ohh she's so wicked! She must have come from a rich family and behaving like a brat!" Mrs Cho stared at Irene, and then back at Sungmin "But you were alright dear? Did she harm you?" 

"Luckily Kyu saw it and pull me towards him. I think she noticed that I'm pregnant and she got jealous and wanted to push me". 

"My poor daughter. Don't mixed around with these kind of people. Just ignore her"  Mrs Cho gently pulled her along to go to the seats. She looked back and now saw how Irene looked like because she had turned her head while talking. "She looks familiar" Mrs Cho said to herself. "Where did I saw her?" she was still trying to recall as she walked into the main threatrette with Sungmin, following her husband. She held Sungmin's arms as they descent down the steps as she scared Sungmin might missed a step. A lot of families looked and smile at them because they wore beautiful hanbok. 

The graduation ceremony was going to start soon. The master of ceremony was requesting all family of graduands to come in and go to their seats, and for the graduands to quickly sit in their respective section. 

They all look so smart with their graduation gown and hat, and difficult to spot Kyuhyun as they all look the same. Once they reached 3 vacant seats, they sat down, but then Sungmin got a call. She turned her head and looked up towards the graduands, and spotting Kyuhyun, she waved. She pointed to her parents-in-law at where Kyuhyun was, and both of them waved at Kyuhyun too. 

This was at this moment when Irene spotted Sungmin, and looking up, she saw Kyuhyun. "So, she is here for Kyuhyun's graduation" She said angrily to herself. "And ohh, Kyuhyun's parents are here too! Should I introduce myself to them so that they can see that I am more suitable for Kyuhyun???" Irene smile to herself. 

The ceremony started with the guest of honour giving his speech, followed by the Dean of the University, and then there were some slide shows on the university performance and how well their graduands did in their working life. There was a performance by the freshmen and during this time, the graduands were ushered outside probably to rehearse or for a short discussion. 

Sungmin told her Mrs Cho that she wanted to go to the ladies which was at the opposite side from the entrance upstairs. Mrs Cho told her to be careful and not to rush. Irene saw this and followed Sungmin as she wanted to trick Sungmin to loose her way. 

"Heyyy, I didn't know that you are here. How are you? Do you remember me?" Irene practically blocked Sungmin's way at the entrance. 

"Oh hi Irene-ssi, you are here too?" Sungmin feign her surprise and bowed slightly. 

"Wow, your tummy is big now. Hmm, you should just stay at home and shouldn't let Kyuhyun worried about you, right? He should enjoy his graduation!" 

"No, he wants all of us to be here. Nice to see you again, Irene-ssi. If you'll just excuse me..." 

"Where are you going? To the ladies? It's at the main building at the campus at the far end. The one here is closed for cleaning".

"Ohh I see" Sungmin said. She was sure she saw people walking in and out of the ladies room just now. She bowed and walked out slowly. 

Irene smirked and went down towards where Kyuhyun's parents were seated. She sure Sungmin would be lost and wouldn't come back so soon. 

"Hi, Mr and Mrs Cho? I'm Irene. I work with Kyuhyun during our internship at Sydney" Irene said smiling at them, and sat at Sungmin's seat without being invited. 

Hearing Irene's voice, Mrs Cho turned her head and looked at her as she find her rude to just plong her at Sungmin's seat. Mr Cho didn't acknowledged her as he was wondering who she was, and before Mrs Cho could speak, Irene continued "Kyuhyun and I were very close, as we were the only Koreans there. We helped each other and we got along very well. I like him a lot, and he likes me too, and he often asked me to lunch with him" Irene bragged on and on. 

Mrs Cho couldn't take it anymore. She knew Irene was lying and now she remembered where she met this girl. 

"Maybe I introduce my parents to you when we are all back in Seoul? Can I have your phone number so that I can arrange" Irene was still smiling. 

"Irene-ssi, that's not necessary. It seemed that you never grow up. You are still the same brat and stuck up girl from middle school. You don't recognise me? I'm your Arts teacher and I could remember that I had reprimanded you several times because you quarrelled and ruined other students' artwork. No thanks about introducing your parents. Kyuhyun is happy with Sungmin and Kyuhyun will never take a 2nd look at such a stuck up girl like you. Even if he talked nicely to you, that was because he was just being polite. Maybe you should go back to your seat and leave us? I really appreciate some peace and quiet" Mrs Cho said to her sternly. 

Irene was shocked, and finally  recognising who Mrs Cho was, stood up quickly. She turned around and walked up, and collided with Sungmin. Sungmin nearly fell backwards, but luckily, out of the blue, Kyuhyun was there and held Sungmin tightly. 

Earlier, the graduands had went back into the side of the theatrette and had line up to get ready to go on stage, and at that time, Kyuhyun happened to look at the audience and had noticed Irene coming down to where his parents were. Wondering worriedly where his wife had gone to because he saw Irene sat at Sungmin's seat, he took out his phone to call Sungmin. But then he saw Sungmin came in from the entrance door. Not sure why, but somehow he sensed that his wife might be in danger, so he told his friend to hold his ID and hat and that he would be back in a minute. He quickly ran up the steps and walked to the other side towards Sungmin. 

Back to the present time when he managed to caught Sungmin when she fell backwards, he asked his wife anxiously "Min, are you ok?" Sungmin looked pale but nodded and held on to Kyuhyun tightly. Then, turning to Irene, Kyuhyun said angrily but controlled his temper "What are you doing here Irene?" 

"Nothing, I just want to say hi to your parents!" and she turned away and ran up the steps to the entrance. She didn't even bother to apologise to Sungmin. Two women had earlier stood up and helped Sungmin to steady herself, and Kyuhyun bowed and thanked them, and then helped Sungmin to walk down the steps. 

"Thank you, Kyu. Luckily you caught me, else I would have fell backwards towards the steps" Sungmin said, still feeling shocked from the collision. 

"Oh my God Sungmin, are you alright?" Mrs Cho asked with concerned after seeing the collision. 

"I'm ok Omma. Still a bit shocked, but I'm fine" Sungmin said softly and with Kyuhyun's help, sat down on her seat. Kyuhyun squatted down next to her seat and held her hands. He was so thankful that he caught her just in time! Squeezing  Kyuhyun's hand, Sungmin smiled at him "I'm ok Kyu, don't worry".

"Ok. Relax and take some deep breath. Drink some water" Kyuhyun took out a bottle from her bag and passed it to her. She drank and took a deep breath and tried to relax. Kyuhyun kept the bottle in her bag and pass it to his mother who held it together with her bag. "I go back to the other side, ok. I love you" Kyuhyun said, reached up to kiss her and wave at his parents before walking back to his position at the other end. 

Irene was practically stomping her feet outside the hall. She hated Sungmin. How on earth she managed to get married to Kyuhyun was beyond her comprehension. She must have seduced Kyuhyun, Irene concluded angrily. 

A few weeks ago, she had found out from her bodyguards that Sungmin owned a bookshop in Melbourne. Sitting in her car, Irene was still fuming mad at the situation. She wanted Kyuhyun's parents to like her, but it turned out that Kyuhyun's mother was her Arts teacher! And Kyuhyun saved that stupid Sungmin again and again! 

She must plan something for her revenge! She took out her phone from her Prada sling bag and called her bodyguards. "Mike? Go to that bookshop at Little Bourke Street, yeah the one that belongs to Sungmin, and burn it down. Don't leave any trace". And she put down her phone, smirking.