7. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

“So is it going to be the four of us?” Gyuri stated just pointing at me. I watched for the other two in case they were going to tell her she was being rude. None of them did.

“Actually there will be an official maknae,” JiHyun spoke as the door was opened for him. He had some containers with coffee that he handed one to each of us, “her name’s Kang Jiyoung.”

“Is she pretty?” Why was she so bent on looks?

“I already told you,” JiHyun sighed, “Hara’s going to be the visuals.”

“And is that it…?”

“She’s also going to be the lead dancer.”


“Can she even dance?” What did I do wrong? What did I do that got her so riled up, so peeved and pissed about me?

“When does she get here?” Nicole asked hoping to ease the tension.

“She’ll be here tomorrow morning,” JiHyun explained, “we’ve had to make some arrangements with the school so that--.”

“—Wait a minute,” Gyuri interrupted him, “school; oppa how old is she?!”

“Well she’s still in school…” Gyuri stamped a foot startling Seungyeon so she nearly spilt her drink.

“How old is she?” Nicole joined in, a few octaves lower than Gyuri’s voice had been.

“Fifteen,” we all looked at each other.

“Don’t worry the company’s taking care of it all. I just need all five of you to get along.” I don’t think JiHyun realized that would be easier said than done.

***

I was shown to their dorms. Gyuri had the room to herself because the other member had left while Seungyeon and Nicole were in a room. The interior was simple, cream walls, pale pink curtains with wooden furniture. The beds however had metal frames.

“Unnie,” Nicole said to Seungyeon, “can you share a room with Gyuri?”

“I LIKE MY SPACE!” Gyuri yelled from the other room. Those two started laughing.

“Unless… You want to,” Nicole joked to me and we giggled.

“I can sleep on the floor,” I suggested pointing to the space near the door.

“No way,” Nicole shook her head, “Seungyeon will move once Gyuri’s calmed down a bit.”

“By the way,” I lowered my voice so that no one else could hear, “is it true that… She left due to…” They shook their heads.

“It wasn’t just that,” Seungyeon answered, “it was because of school…”

“—But it wasn’t the big factor.”

“Unnie,” we all turned to Gyuri, “how much have you heard?”

“More than you think,” she replied pushing past me to sit on the bed near the window, “when were you going to tell me you were going to share a room with me whether I liked it or not?”

“Soon…” Seungyeon’s eyes went to the ground.

“Pfft,” the leader wasn’t pleased, “has our time together really meant nothing to you?”

“Unnie that’s not what I—“

“—Hello is anyone here?” We all froze, Nicole dragged me to the door with Seungyeon and Gyuri following. They composed themselves as we arrived in the living room. JiHyun was there with a girl.

“Girls, meet Kang Jiyoung, your new maknae.”

“Hello it’s nice to meet you,” she bowed to us.

“Like wise,” Gyuri seemed to brush her off.

“Hi,” Seungyeon, Nicole and I said, “I’m Nicole.”

“Han Seungyeon.”
 

“And I’m Hara,” I quickly added my family name, “Goo Hara.” She warmed to us I think.

“I can’t wait to perform with you.” She told us.

“Well it’s not going to be as easy as you think,” Gyuri had alarmed us; “the industry isn’t as easy as one may think.” She came to Jiyoung as if to size her up, “you’re going have to be tough.” Jiyoung nodded.

“I understand unnie.”

“Gyuri,” Gyuri corrected her, “for now it is Gyuri-ah.”

“Alright,” Jiyoung gave a complacent nod but deep down I could see she was miserable. How were we going to survive?

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

And another chapter done! Tbh I’m not sure if Gyuri really was like that when they first met. I know that guys bully the younger members so I didn’t know if it was the same with the females, forgive me if I’m wrong. This fanfic is going to take longer than I initially thought so enjoy and thanks to the 18 subscribers. I have a feeling this is going to be the start of some beautiful friendships ^_^.