11. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

Gyuri was distant in spirit but not physically for the rest of the week. We began to worry but Seungyeon assured us that it wasn’t something new to them.

“She’s always been like this when something upsets her,” she told us as we waited in our dressing room for our performance on Inkigayo. “Better you wait until she’s ready to talk.” JiHyun oppa on the other hand was getting at his wits end. He got her CF’s, photo shoots to try and cheer her up because she liked being the centre of attention. Apparently she brushed all of them off as Jiyoung and I suddenly found we got busier.

“We should talk to her now,” Nicole advised as we started the new week with Gyuri’s ice-cold temperament being more frozen than before.

“She won’t listen,” Seungyeon said as she brushed her hair.

“But someone has to try,” Nicole argued back while we sat in our small living area in our pajamas. I had to agree. I knew what it was like having someone like Gyuri around. I would have to coax mum when she played up just so that I could get dinner and that was when my grandmother couldn’t watch over me.

“Hey Hara-yah,” Seungyeon saw me get to my feet, “I don’t know if you should…”

“—doesn’t someone have to try at least?” I told her. “But no one else here seems to be able to make that decision straight away.”

“Always impulsive,” Nicole said shaking her head but with a smile. I turned and went to Gyuri’s room where I would find her.

***

Like I suspected Gyuri was in her room; she was reading a magazine. She must have been really hard to try and avoid us because that was an old edition.

“Gyuri-yah,” I said knocking on the door frame, “are you busy?”

“What do you think?” She lifted up the magazine. She then turned away and kept flicking through the pages. Oh if she was going to play hard-to-get in the non-romantic way then it was on. I just stood there for a while, waiting for the right moment to say something.

“Jungmin oppa said hello,” that would get her attention surely! She stopped; I could see a smile drawing across her face that she thought I couldn’t see. She was always close with him and it drew envy from a lot of the other female trainees. Jungmin was known for his gorgeous smile and charisma. I wasn’t close with any of the members of SS501 though Kyu Jong was from the same area as me.

“Alright,” I was getting tired so I went over and snatched the magazine from her hands, “we need to talk!” She said nothing, just glared at me with her cold stare. It could have killed if this was a thriller movie.

“We’re not going to leave you!” I was yelling. She didn’t say anything, just sat there with her head down.

“But if you hate us so badly….” I had no idea where I was going with this. “Then I can leave! I’ll be your back-up dancer or whatever! Just at least talk to Jiyoung-ah! She looks up to you like an unnie.” No response. I let out a sigh.

“I didn’t come here to be bullied or given the silent treatment! Want to know more about the bullying at school?!” I pointed to my face even though I doubted she would look. “The girls would call me ugly! Troll face, the works! So I went to a clinic and came out looking like this!” I could feel myself welling up. “I thought that would be enough to stop them…” I shook my head, “but I was wrong. Some stopped but for those who didn’t change their minds the taunting got worse!” My heart was beginning to hurt from the memories that were being refreshed in my mind.

“It made it even hard to date. Guys would only go out with me for my figure! But then when they saw the real me; the girl who loves pink but would rather wear sneakers than heels. Well once they realized this they would end it.” I bit my lips, “so I gave up dating. I decided that if I can’t find someone who would overlook my appearance then I would just remain single for the rest of my life!” I then turned to her and she finally was paying attention to me.

“But you; you were born with that face! You’re a goddess without having to go under a needle! You can sing and you lead a girl group. You already have so many fans while I have yet to get a strong fan-café. Maybe instead of moping about, worried that we’re going to leave like she did then you would see how much you have going for you and would stop to pay some sympathy to those of us who aren’t as fortunate as you!” With that I turned and left trying to walk as the tears were starting to come.

***

The next day it was like nothing had happened. Gyuri was happily talking with the others and sitting close to Jiyoung. However when she saw me she gave me a weird expression. Did it mean she had accepted us or was it just the maknae? I just joined them and sat next to Nicole who had some news regarding one of the SS501 members having a possible crush.

“Probably Hyori unnie,” Seungyeon told us sighing, “she always is liked by a lot of guys.”

“But isn’t she a lot older than Hyun Joong oppa,” Nicole asked.

“Shhh,” Gyuri told her to be quiet and they all laughed except me. I was still sitting there unsure of what to make of this situation.

Why did these things happen to me?

**********************************************************

Poor Hara. Btw I don’t actually know if she did get bullied in high school but I do know that she got plastic surgery at a young age.

I’m disappointed with the lack of questions from you guys. I thought you loved me ;___; so I’m going to answer the ones that were posted and give you guys until the 20th chapter to ask me some.

DragonG: hmm...oh, were the trainees real?

A: Actually the whole thing about the random one with Doojoon is… He isn’t real, I needed an (so I created one) and the other one is based off a real person whose name I don’t know. Junhyung had a colleague in Cube who suggested he try out for Cube and that was the guy whom I named. I don’t know his real name but it is the more accurate one out of the two.

MelonChiffon: Who is your favorite kpop group? Lol, Idk what to ask. XD

A: Haha that’s alright ^_^. My favourite group is actually DBSK. They are the reason I love kpop. Cassiopeia forever and a day J