34. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

2010 seemed like our year. If the win hadn’t been an awesome feat, the album managed to be certified gold in Singapore, selling over a whooping twenty thousand copies. The performance in America helped our fan base to grow as well. Since then we’d all started to find our strengths in the entertainment industry. I’d been given the role of the rapper in G.NA’s first single. She was under the same company as us and a couple of years older. We’d heard about her beforehand though thanks to the dating rumours between her and Eunhyuk from Super Junior.

Plus I’d also featured on Hyuna’s album in the song ‘Change’. People now shipped us as a couple as a result. They had no idea she was not my type as such.

At the end of July we got the news that we had been invited to the summer 2010 CUBE Stars party. “It’s because we’ve been nominated to win the gold disk award.”

“Wow sounds prestigious,” Yoseob said in awe to Hyunseung who explained to him what the reason was.

“Yeah but we’re also in Cube,” Doojoon added with a grin. “Unless this really is JYP…”

“Ah don’t remind us,” Kikwang feigned dramatic groaning to which we laughed at. I didn’t think it could have been that horrible but then again I had been with Xing which was itself a rather run down company.


“Yeah and it’s not just the party where we’re going,” we hadn’t heard JoonKun enter. We’d been too immersed in our own conversation. “You and 4minute will be performing for the pre-opening of the Singapore Youth Olympics pre-opening stage.” That was it, our sanity was gone. We all started to jump up and down, pump fists in the air and hi-five or hug our neighbour. Being a star had never felt so sweet.

***

At the night itself we performed on stage as a group, I performed with G.NA for her solo and Yoseob got to be a Master of Ceremonies otherwise known as an MC. Then it was the moment we’d been waiting for, the winner of the gold disk was to be announced.
“And the winner of the gold disk goes to,” the tension rose as we all waited to see which artist had won the award.

“Beast, congratulations,” the six of us, all dumbstruck with surprise slowly made our way up to the stage where we received the award. The call of the ecstatic fans only enhanced the experience for us.

“We’re doing so great this year,” Kikwang said with glee as we settled down for the night when we got back.

“Make sure you’ll be able to sleep,” Yoseob advised him. “Don’t stay awake from the excitement.” Kikwang put a hand to his head in a mock salute.

“Yes captain,” Yoseob hit him with his pillow.

“Ok, we need to make sure we practice for Singapore,” Doojoon’s pep talk was going to be short tonight for I could see that he too was tired.

“No problem,” I agreed as I got under the covers. Whispering came from close by.

“Aigoo is it them again?” Yoseob moaned standing to go over to the window. He must have been talking about the crazy fans who had found where we lived who came by almost everyday to see if we had killed each other yet. The number had increased much to our dismay when we’d debuted.

For a moment I thought it was nothing. I changed my mind soon after. He let out a yell, hurried back towards his bed, slipped on a shirt that lay on the floor and landed on his .

“What, what’s happening?!” The rest of the team came to see the commotion. However seeing Yoseob rub his sore behind caused the seriousness to suddenly die.

“One of them said hi.” Now I started laughing.

“And you didn’t?” Doojoon was holding his sides. Yoseob pouted.

“Not funny my hurts.” This then gave me a good idea for a joke. I went over to him, slinging an arm around his shoulders.
“So are they now officially a pain in the ?” At the expense of Yoseob we all laughed again. Though the fans sometimes kept us awake late there were no other complaints about being famous.

***

In Singapore the atmosphere was great. We all felt the love and appreciation of the fans that came just to see us at the pre opening stage. I spotted some JunHyuna banners and just smiled at the girls holding them. Who was I to shrug off the attention? It felt good.

Hyunseung nudged me and then indicated to a JunSeung poster. I didn’t think we would be shipped like that.

“They chose a bad photo of you,” I whispered to him. The fan however mistakenly took this for me to be saying sweet nothings and caused her friends nearby to squeal. I couldn’t hear it though; there was too much noise around me as well as the sound of the music playing as we were on the final stage.

“Look at them,” Dongwoon seemed keen to go say hello to Hyuna who wasn’t too far away from where we stood. Hyuna and Jihyun were fooling around, waving to the fans. “They’re being dorks.”

“Watch this,” I told him to follow and we went over to them on the intention to make them jump. I didn’t get the chance too. Hyuna was leaning too far forward almost about to fall off the stage. Despite being seen at nearly every angle three hundred and sixty degrees I reached forward and yanked her back. Something ripped and I jumped, letting go.

… Oh crap their stylist was going to kill me.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

LOL this is all made up (I don’t really know what happened at the event but the next chapter with Junhyung will have Heechul and Omarion (google him if you don’t know who he is)