13. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

December 2008

I felt so utterly, completely… Betrayed. Jiyoung hadn’t done anything yet Gyuri was still being cold to me. At least I had sort of managed to get her to change to a degree. It was at the cost of me almost being alienated by the group. Nicole was kind; she didn’t let Gyuri boss her about like with the other two. I never thought that I would find a true friend in this group but she was and still is.

 Eventually we finished our promotion for Rock U and were now doing another song. Fortunately the songs were recorded, music video had been filmed and now it was just a matter of performing. Today the performance would be for Music Bank. “Alright girls are we ready to go?” We stood at the side, our hearts starting to beat out of our chests. We looked rather adorable in our mini pleated skirts, long socks and headwear. The disadvantage for this concept had been the amount of time it took to get my hair in curls or waves. We went on stage to do the rehearsal and then it was time to do the performance. For once Gyuri seemed a lot calmer than she normally was and gave smiles and waves to the fans as moved off the stage.

We had to be careful not to step back too far and knock over one of the large presents in the backdrop. Or step forward too much and then fall on the fans. We got into position as the cameras began to roll. “And we’re on in five, four, three…” He counted in silence for the last two numbers before the cue was taken. The lights cameras began to roll; the lights went on as the music started to play. The confetti machine went off as we started to sing and dance; so far so good.

But then something went wrong, the confetti was slippery. The surface of my shoes wasn’t as sturdy as I hoped. I managed to stumble, in that precious few seconds I forgot the moves. Jiyoung sang as normal while I let out a short but obvious cry of frustration. To make matters worse, it wasn’t during rehearsal it was on air, live in other words.

***

Our manager was not pleased.

“What happened?” He demanded as we went to the dressing room. I couldn’t look him in the eyes, I was too ashamed.

“Everything went fine right?” Gyuri turned to us and the other three nodded. How could I respond? I knew the mistake had been my own.

“No,” JiHyun was stubborn. “You could hear an audible ‘ah’ come during Jiyoung’s final line.”

“It was me,” I raised my head to him. “I’m sorry oppa.” JiHyun sighed.

“Hara you can’t just do whatever you want on stage. People are watching you and it’s up to you to give your hundred percent no matter what. What you did today was unprofessional and made the other members look bad.” While he said it in a tone that didn’t sound angry, the words hurt the same. “I’m sorry.” I bowed to them all in apology. I could feel the tears starting to fall from my eyes as JiHyun left. I expected to be left alone, it was what I wanted really; I’d been a late edition to the team but through this one error it would cause a ripple effect and may gain us more antis than fans.

I bowed my head still, only just noticing someone put their arms around me and then someone else do the same. I lifted my wet face up and looked around. Jiyoung and Nicole were both on my sides with Seungyeon grasping my shoulder. It made me feel even worse. I wish I hadn’t gained their pity. I heard Gyuri clear her voice, she was watching me. Her expression wasn’t one I could normally read.

“We all make mistakes,” she began taking out a tissue from a box and giving it to me. “But we’re a team. We support each other no matter what.” I found myself surprised as she came and hugged me firmly; the other members surrounded us in a group embrace. In that time of tears I couldn’t think clearly of the time but later after the recording as we got home I started to realize one thing. That moment helped me see that finally I’d been accepted by Gyuri.

I was now really a member of Kara.

***********************************************

Short chapter…. But then again it’s sweet right? I watched that video just to get an idea of what happened and well I can say if I was Hara I would be very upset too from that mistake. It is on YouTube under Kara pretty girl.

Now I haven’t got any other questions from you guys…. Makes me sad to see that not everyone is commenting; if you find a flaw in this story then do tell me instead of just saying:

‘Update soon please.’

Helps me improve so the quality of my stories becomes even better! If you get sick of waiting for this one then look at my other fanfics which can be found under ‘stories’ in my profile or heck even add me as a friend! Thanks again for reading.