24. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

June 22

“Congratulations guys, you are going to be in the boy band,” the six of us all bowed before we started to clap. Kikwang, Yoseob and Doojoon all hugged each other before Yoseob hugged the three out casts. These outcasts were me, Hyunseung and Dongwoon a trainee who’d done some study in the Philippines.

“Glad all of you are happy,” the president quieted us down. “Now I would like to introduce you to your managers.” We stepped aside as the door opened. We were greeted by five faces that we’d seen around the place.

“This is Jun Joonkun one of your main managers.” He bowed to us; he was nearly as tall as Dongwoon with a rather wide nose and a round face.

“This is Kim Jiyoung,” whoa how could this guy be a manager? He has such a baby face.

“Park Yongbok,” from what I could tell he seemed to be the kind of manager who wouldn’t take nonsense. His appearance was serious or maybe it was the fact he had the largest mono eyelids.

“This is Jiyong,” he gestured to the one in the middle.

 “Finally this is Saehoon,” he bowed to us as well.

“Jun Joonkun and Jiyong will be your main managers. They will be the ones going with you everywhere.”

“Can I ask you a question?” Yoseob asked Joonkun who nodded. “Are you older or younger than me?”

“I’m older.”

“Oh so you’re hyung,” Yoseob grinned with others chuckling at his cuteness.

“We’re all your hyungs,” Jiyong corrected Yoseob.

“Excuse me but what are the positions for the team?” Doojoon asked.

“Yoon Doojoon, leader and rapper,” there were claps for him. “Jang Hyunseung, lead vocalist and dancer,” we clapped again. “Yong Junhyung,” my ears pricked up when I heard my name. “Sub vocals and main rapper.” The sound of them clapping for me felt good to my ears.

“Yang Yoseob the main vocalist,” Yoseob clapped for himself making us laugh at his ridiculous nature. “Lee Kikwang, lead vocals, main dancer and visual.” Kikwang’s face flushed slightly from being told he was the face.

“Finally this handsome face or Son Dongwoon, he’s the group’s maknae, rapper and vocalists.”

“Wow you’re younger than me?” Yoseob pointed at himself as we congratulated him too.

“Now you guys all better get acquainted because your debut is in October and we need you all working as a team by then.” We nodded to show we understood.

“Alright, we’re off to organise your first single.”

“Hang on,” Yoseob couldn’t keep quiet. “Do we have a name?”

“Boys two search for top.” We all frowned in puzzlement.

“How would that be written?” The president took out a pen and paper and wrote down in English: B2ST.

“Oh,” now it made sense. So we were going to be B2st. Boys that would search and most definitely find the top.

***

As we left the room I glanced towards the trio. I hadn’t said anything to them since the event. Yoseob talked with Dongwoon along with Hyunseung who seemed relieved that he was friendly.

“Something wrong Junhyung?” I looked at Hyunseung who had stopped. I saw the rest of the group wait along with them. I knew that I couldn’t hold it off any longer.

“Yoseob, Kikwang and Doojoon,” with that I bowed to them. “Thank you for what you did…” The last part refused to come out at first. “I’m… I’m eternally grateful.” Someone seemed to snigger. My face burned, had I wasted my time and pride just by doing this? Did they seem to think that I was joking? Is that why no one had responded? Were they laughing at me in silence?
 

A firm hand clasped my shoulder making me lift myself upright. I was eye to eye with Doojoon.
“Consider us even,” he said moving his hand to pat me on the back. My mouth wouldn’t work, I fumbled the words in my head but nothing was suitable to say back to this.

“And you can’t call me a monkey anymore,” Yoseob suddenly added. “Or he’ll flick your forehead.”

“Ha, that’s cute monkey.”

“M-monk...?” Yoseob charged at me and I ran down the hall with the others laughing at my expense. Fortunately I was taller than Yoseob and when he came face to face with me the decision to flick me changed to him hiding behind Doojoon.

“Now you two are going to have to learn how to get along.” But Doojoon was smiling like a proud leader. “But I guess that will come in time.”

“Of course,” Yoseob agreed as his new-found courage bought him back to facing me. I held his arms as he struggled against my taller frame.

“That means now.”

“No let them, it’s funny.”

“I’m going to kill you Kikwang!”

“He can’t kill me.” Kikwang retorted as the other three laughed. “We’re going to be in a team afterall!”

******************************************************************

Hehe B2ST has now been formed. Now they have to debut and Junhyung needs to know of Hara XD.