57. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

June 26 2011

We sat at the river for hours, talking about what to expect and how to be prepared for the worst. Hara managed to stay positive for the both of us which I didn’t expect.
“I won’t give up on you.”

“Neither will I,” I assured her. “We can get through this.” I had my arm around her, sighing from relief. However my phone decided to ring and it happened to be none other than one of my friends.

“Congratulations Junhyung!”

“Ah hyung,” How did Simon D get my number? I ignored it and just decided to be polite, “t-thank you.”

“No problem but just be careful and enjoy being a lucky bastard.”

“Hey what the—“

But he had hung up. The next thing I knew, Heechul was calling me. It had been a while since I heard from the chocoball crew.

“Ah the truth is out, are you being eaten alive Junhyung-ah?”

“Hyung things are fine,” being annoyed was almost impossible thanks to Hara silently laughing. “Did you give Simon D hyung my number?”

“Of course, we had to congratulate you didn’t we? Come hang with us tomorrow.”

I would have said yes if I knew when B2st would be flying to Singapore. It was coming up in our schedule. “I can’t make any promises.”

“Ok I’ll buy you a drink next time we meet.” No sooner than I had got off the phone that Hara received message after message from her friends.

“Seunghyun oppa says congratulations,” she said beaming. “Oh and here’s some texts from Minji and Hyuna.” Seeing her happy relaxed me more than she would ever realize. I just hoped that my fans would lay off her and bless us or bugger off.

***

July 2

“Hey Junhyung, Junhyung are you awake?” I turned to Doojoon; he’d been poking me in the shoulder. Bleary eyed I raised my eyebrows at him. “Yes Doojoon-ah?”

“Are you ready?” I nodded.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

“I need better than that.”

Yoseob who was next to me, jumped up in his seat. “Leave him alone hyung. It’s been a hard week as it is.” Our fan cafe had lost thousands since the news came out. Twitter had almost exploded; people were only mentioning me in their tweets to tell me that Hara was ugly, talentless or simply saying that I could do better.

It was pissing me off!

Kikwang gave me a reassuring but tired grin. “It’s going to be fine hyung.” I had to hope it was. We were on our fan tour which would go to places all around Asia and Singapore was one of the stops. We’d tackled Malaysia yesterday and Thailand was the next place we were headed.

When we arrived at the destination everyone was given a box of food to eat. I pushed mine away despite Doojoon trying to convince me to eat.
“Junhyung you need to keep your strength up. We know you haven’t really eaten since the news came out.”

I consumed a spoonful of rice with some vegetables before I handed it to him in spite. He just sighed I heard him murmur, “I’m just worried about you,” before he went to get his hair done. Hyunseung passed me a bottle of water. I stared at it, “what about coke?”

“No the last thing we need is you dehydrated. You’ve been drinking it by the litre since we came back and you should cut down on your smokes too. I don’t think Hara would like to kiss an ash-tray.”

I pushed my chair back as I stood up. “WHAT DID YOU SAY!?”

“Hyung you need to get your hair done.” Dongwoon saw the burning glare in my eyes and stood back as I walked down to the hair dressing chairs. The other members seemed wary to talk to me for a bit as I got ready. All I was doing was preparing myself for more hate; more envy and more fans who would look at me with disappointment.

On stage the fans waved to us happily. I saw place cards in Hangul that all showed support for us. There were some for individual members and fortunately there were ones that had my name on them. So people hadn’t completely abandoned me yet.

The fan meeting went smoothly. We had a translator with us to explain our answers to the natives, our interviewer did well to keep the conversation flowing and I was feeling pretty good.

That was until I saw them. Scattered around different places but still visible to me were posters done by some fans. I read what they said, some written differently and a few in English but all with the same message.

Junhyung hwaiting’

‘Stay strong Junhyung oppa’

‘It’s ok Junhyung’

I couldn’t believe it. I felt the love of our fan club more than ever. It brought me to tears. Dongwoon nudged me in the side; I nodded to him, blinking hard.

They still loved me. They still supported us. It was as we were coming to the end of the meeting that the tears started to flow. Wiping my eyes I waved to the fans as the others joined me on the platform to take us down below the stage. I hid behind Doojoon and Dongwoon who were at the front. Kikwang joined us in the end, jumping on from the side and standing next to me.

***

“Aww,” underneath the stage the members started to baby me. I was handed tissues from the assistants as well as pats on the back from everyone. Joonkun came and hugged me from behind.

“Hey get off,” I tried to shrug him away while everyone just laughed merrily. He really was a kid at times; hard to believe that Joonkun was our manager.

“It was really sweet of them.” Yoseob said while we were in our vehicle on the way to the airport. “They are still behind you and Hara.”

“Yes haters are going to hate,” Dongwoon stated. “But the real fans won’t leave you hyung.”

Doojoon nodded, “that’s right and we are always going to be here for you no matter what.”

“Thanks,” I didn’t want to say anymore because of how choked up I was feeling. However I kept it together. Today reminded me of just how important the members, our staff and our fans were to me. I would never be alone. And I was looking forward to that drink I would receive from Heechul. Tonight we would celebrate in our hotel rooms another successful fanmeet accomplished.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ok here is the bad news. The bad news is that this story will be ending soon. Not in the next chapter soon but it will be soon.

However because I reached 100 subscribers with this story I am holding one final contest open for every reader and subscriber to enter. The prize is going to be big so it won’t be revealed until the next chapter.

This is what you have to do. In 250 words or less I want you to tell me why you support Junhara or supported Junhara. Send your answer to me in a PM or a blog (send me the link) and I’ll have chosen the most unique answer and the one I think that sums up the story well. I look forward to hearing from you.