58. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

July 4 2011

“And cut,” the director stopped us. I released my breath as they lifted the microphone away.  Opposite me the actress turned to get her make up touched up by the staff behind her.

I bowed to her, “you’ve worked hard.” She wasn’t paying attention. The temptation to call her name out rudely was there, but I couldn’t. We still had scenes to film for the next episode and she would be in some of those.

The Director called me over, “we need to film the next scenes with you.” I nodded going to the trailer to get changed. From what I remembered the next scenes would be brutal because my character was going to be possibly egged.

 Still she Yang Jin Seong wouldn’t greet me.

“She’s been having a hard day,” Park Minyoung saw my expression of disappointment. “I wouldn’t worry.”

“Ok,” I said doing my best to cheer up. Lee Minho was outside preparing for his brief scene. Our hair was fixed, faces retouched with cosmetics and then the filming began. It took about five times to get the scenes correct but we all were happy to be done almost an hour later.

I must have looked exhausted as I sat down for a moment for I felt drained. A staff member handed me my water bottle. Looking over at the bottom of the steps the actresses who would play my anti café members were being given the run down over what they would do.

A minute later I was ushered over to meet them. I greeted them formally though nobody returned the gesture.
“You’re with Junhyung aren’t you? Why is he dating you again?”

That stung. “Ok let’s get moving,” the Director clapped his hands and we got into our positions. While the camera wasn't focused on them I saw a few dirty expressions at me. Glancing around everyone was either bored or not paying attention. What caught my surprise was Lee Minho frowning, from working with him we knew the guy could smile but right now he sounded annoyed.

I was glad when we were able to have a quick break. “Hara-ya,” I jumped. Yang Jin Seong called me over. Before she seemed to be ignoring me but now she decided she wanted to talk. Doing my best not to appear nervous I went over to her.

“Yes unnie,” she didn’t feel like one with her scowl. “W-what is the matter?”

“I know you’ve been somewhat distracted by singing and that guy. But remember where you are now! You’re an actress so act.”

All I could do was just look at her dumbfounded. She had her hands on her hips, waiting for a response. In the end I just bowed to her, “I’m sorry I’ll try harder.”

“Hey,” someone said. We both jumped. “Give the kid a break, she’s been working hard.” Her face stiffened before she had to get her make up touched up. As she walked off Minho let out a breath. I thanked him. We'd been working together from the beginning and he looked after me like the rest of the team.

“It's alright, she’s been stressed. So you aren’t the only one who’s gotten under her skin.”

“Yes but still,” I stopped. It was unprofessional to talk about other matters during filming.

“I’d better get ready. Do a good job Daehye,” they liked my character’s name so when we were on set I was usually called that.

“Alright, ahjussi,” this made he feign shock and I laughed. Fortunately we all knew he was used to it as he smiled back.

I hoped Junhyung would be watching. His feedback about my acting skills could help.

******

September 8 2011

Breakfast was hectic this morning. We had to leave early and so while Nicole served Jiyoung and Seungyeon who didn’t have to rush off, Gyuri unnie and I ran about the place like headless chickens.

“Hurry girls we’re leaving in five.” Our manager called to us as I passed, his hand on his arm with the sleeve pushed back to see his watch.

Gyuri let out an annoyed yell. “Aish where is it?! Why can’t I find it?”

“Find what?” She grabbed his arm and dragged him away to join her search party. The rest of us waited until they were out of ear shot before giggling. The stress of having to promote our album ‘Step’ seemed to be getting to her.

Standing still for what felt like the first time that morning I slipped on the purple sweater in my hands. Nicole handed me a bowl of rice. Jiyoung got up allowing me to have a seat, she went to wash her dishes when the phone rang.

“I’ll get it,” she went to pick up the receiver. “Hello, oh hello seonsaeng-nim (A/N: sir) what can I do for you? Yes, ah yes she is would you like to talk to her? Ok I’ll pass it over.” She held the phone down, looking at me.

“What is it?” I asked, putting my spoon down.


“It’s the head of Public Relations; he says it’s something important.” Dejected from not getting to eat much kimchi I still answered the phone.


“Hello Go Hara speaking.”

“Go Hara are you still in a relationship with Yong Junhyung?”

“You mean, am I still dating him?”

This made me turn my head to the other two. Nicole and Seungyeon tilted their heads at me. What a weird question, why was he asking this?

“Yes I am seonsaeng-nim. Why do you ask?”

“The news has revealed otherwise.” As he told me about the reports my heart began to ache. How could they make up such a lie? Where did they get their information from? Who told them that we had?

Eventually he finished and after a pause he sighed. “Their company has called Junhyung-ssi. He says otherwise so I wanted to contact you and find out if this was true. Otherwise we can take legal action against those who published this lie.”

The mention of ‘legal action’ was enough to make me want to vomit. The case had only been cleared up nearly five months ago. I twisted the cord from the receiver around my finger, thinking over my words.

“We are still dating. Yes we haven’t gotten to see each other much but we are still together. However please don’t take action against the people. They can just clear up their mistake right?”

“Very well, I’ll let them know. Thank you for your time Goo Hara.” I held the phone for a moment. Now I yearned for him more, I wanted to see him, hug him and tell him that I was not ever going to leave him.

But I couldn’t, not now anyway.

******



(Soundtrack)
 

Someone woke me that night. I had only gotten to bed one hour before. Turning I raised my eyebrows at Nicole. “You need to go to the entrance, but get dressed.”

Grumbling I sat up, “what for?”

“You should find out,” was how she answered me. Still in the dark, literally and mentally about what she said I just grabbed the nearest thing I could, a pink shirt, some jeans and a beanie. Even though the weather hadn’t been too cold I got a jacket just in case.

Yawning away I crept out of the dorms, down the stairs to the front. As I got to the front door that was when I saw him, dressed casually, waiting with hands in his jacket pockets.

“O-oppa,” I came out in a hurry. He smirked when he saw me.

“Missed me?”

“You bet,” I playfully punched him in the arm. “Is that why you came to see me?”

“To be honest I’d been in the recording studio for a while so I wanted a break, hope that’s ok.”

I nodded, “sure, where shall we go?”

“I was thinking maybe go back there, we can take it easy.” Not exactly my idea of romantic but still he must have wanted me there while he worked.

On the drive there we just talked about how we were doing. He congratulated me for doing well in City Hunter and I mentioned how I anticipated his collaboration with a senior singer.

As we got out of the car we had to walk side by side without hands being held in case someone was around. Someone with a camera, or Twitter or Me2day open on their phone.

Junhyung opened the door into the studio. We sat down at the sound desk, him nearest the computer. “Oh yeah, we haven’t played that game in a while. Do you remember? We would try and impress the other with a fact about our members.”

I remembered. “Yes did you want to have a go now?”

“Let me grab us some drinks and then we can.” He got up and went for a bit. I leaned back in my seat, it was really comfortable.

“Did you fall asleep?” I blinked, wondering why my head felt somewhat heavy. Chuckling he handed me a can of coffee and sat facing me. “Ok should I go first?”

I opened my can and had a sip, “sure.”

“Kikwang actually is the one to normally joke about marrying Hyunseung not me.” Without much class on my part I covered my mouth, stopping myself from laughing. “Yet everyone ships me and him.”

“Alright well Nicole has a toy pig that she’s named Acon-” I stopped as he started to chuckle. “Wait I haven’t finished not only that but she also has a Tigger and a Pikachu plush toy.”

“How is that a secret only you know about?”

“Well I— alright do you have another fact?”

“This one I was going to share last time but I decided not to.” It sounded like it would be a good one.  Putting my can down I sat up in wait for him to reveal this secret.

“Well the thing was…” He couldn’t speak. Almost immediately after he cracked up, his laughter deep and rough. “Ok well we were on stage this one time and Yoseob wasn’t being careful so he nearly fell. Luckily he grabbed onto something which stopped him. And that happened to be Doojoon’s pants.”

Now I started to laugh. “He accidentally revealed his underwear. Oh it was so funny, the rest of us just burst out laughing as he scampered away at lightning speed. Doojoon ended up kneeing him the several times as punishment.”

The both of us were in hysterics. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. “God that is hilarious,” I wiped my eyes, starting to settle. “That is the funniest thing I’ve heard today. Ok I think you’ve won this time around.”

“Sweet so that means you get to fulfill one wish.” Oppa started tapping the desk as he deliberated on what he was going to wish for. “Hmmm, I think… Ah ha, I know.” He turned back to face me, “close your eyes.”

I quickly did, “ok oppa. Is this your wish?”

“Now count to ten.”

Smiling I began this. “One, two, three, four, fi—“

I hadn’t even reached halfway when I felt it. I felt his lips directly against mine, his hand gently against the nape of my neck, holding my head at the angle needed for us.

Slowly he pulled away; I let out a breath, my eyes opening. We were now facing each other, less than an inch between us.

“Hara,” he said sounding like it was going to be a question.

“Yes oppa?”

With his mouth lifted up at the sides and eyes twinkling with the happy emotions shining through he spoke to me. “I love you.”

The words sent me into a state of bliss. Using the same exact expression back I said with a smile, “I love you too.” He leaned closer so my eyes automatically shut again. This time the kiss had a bit more movement as our mouths teased each other. It was a kiss to say what we had already said just before.

I love you

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yay I hope you guys liked. I hope you liked the song here. I will be adding some more which will appear in the last chapter. It’s going to be divided into 2 parts so enjoy and thanks for reading.