43. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

 

January 27

“Hey who wants this fifty hundred won?!” Geun Seuk yelled over the noise of the screams from other drunken folk. “First one to reach their underwear wins!” I had to avert my eyes as the girls and guys started to take off their shirts or whatever was on top first. Lady Jane had to be restrained by Simon who did not want his girlfriend flaunting it all.

Another typical night I guess. May as well try to look as if I’m enjoying it instead of wondering why the hell I chose to come tonight. “Hey you’re late,” Heechul seemed happy and I didn’t know why. Then I became rigid. What was she doing here? She didn’t appear to be beautified up, the bags under her eyes and paler face gave it away. Her hair was down underneath a large cap, she had grey jeans, black lace up boots and a large red over-sized shirt underneath her heavy jacket.

“Hey Hara-yah,” how could Hongki already be so comfortable with her? It didn’t make sense. Heechul shoved Geun Seuk aside to make a space for her.
“Life’s been s*** right?!” Hara bleakly nodded. “So we’re going to treat you tonight, hey waiter another round please!”  

My mind tried to put the pieces together but none of this made sense; Hara here with us? Hara here with us, with Chocoball and me and Heechul treating her to drink all she wants?

 What was I missing?

I tugged on Simon’s sleeve to get his attention. He turned my way and I whispered in his ear. “What’s happening with Hara and Heechul hyung?” Simon D stopped to check the scene much to my worry.

“They’re just buddies crap Junhyung lighten up will you?” He then proceeded to help himself to a full shot glass on the waiter’s platter. My eyes followed Hara’s hand as she picked one up, staring at the liquid before suddenly drinking it.
“That’s the spirit!” Our table applauded her as she scrunched up her face, cleared as a result of the burn from the drink.

***

“And then—then she just stormed out!” Hara exclaimed getting nods and murmurs of sympathy from the other guys. I wanted out.
“You poor thing,” Lady Jane reached over the table to give her a hug. “I can’t believe those es would just put you in that spot.”

“I can, I knew something was wrong with them,” Geun Seuk really had no idea what he was saying. Forget about being a blind drunk, in his case he was a stupid drunk.

“Hey Junhyung your beer’s getting lonely.” Jonghoon told me. I finished it off without much thought, blinking several times to ensure that I was still sober.

The song changed to an upbeat one with heavy dub sound effects behind it. Hara went and climbed on top and started to dance. The guys went wild. I had to lean back, the scene becoming too weird for my normal everyday life.

“Hey take it off!” To Geun Seuk’s command off went one of her shoes. There came cheers from the men. I checked Heechul whose face was not that of someone who was seriously enjoying themselves. If I didn’t know better it looked as if he was worried.

“Yay go Hara!” The others were no help, they were encouraging this escapade. At that moment a stranger’s voice was heard.
“Is that Hara from Kara?”

“Crap they saw you.” Geun Seuk pretended to be shocked while starting to chant, “take it off, take it off!” Her hands were at the bottom of her shirt, dragging the material up.

“Show’s over,” Heechul had to grab her hands and pull her off. She leaned too far and fell right in my path. We banged our skulls together setting off a rather bad headache for me. Lady Jane and Hongki had to pull her off me.

“Geun Seuk you need to go home,” Heechul said with a slur. “Your Japanese fans await you in less than twenty four hours.”

“F^*& I have to call my manager?!” His face darkened. I guess they were on bad terms or he was as much as a as his client was. Heechul sighed before yawning. “Junhyung are you pissed?”

“Give me a few more and I will be,” I said. I hadn’t drunken anything in nearly an hour so the alcohol was already starting to die down.

“Want to take Hara home?” Huh? Did he mean to the dorms or? “To her place I mean, I can give you the address.” Heechul must have heard the news that I bought a car a few weeks ago. I just got a Kia K5 the model being from last year and black. I didn’t need flashy wheels.

 I glanced at Hara who was busy observing the pretty colours she could see. “Fine,” I got up and went over to her. Uncaringly I tugged her wrist. “Come,” flat first onto the floor.

“Ouch,” then she giggled. I glanced at Heechul, he shrugged but I saw that mischievous expression. I had no choice in the matter. I bent down next to her and slung an arm over my shoulder with caution. I didn’t bother trying to get her to wear my jacket but I made her put her shoes back on. We slowly stood in unison, my height almost causing her arm to slip off my shoulders if I didn’t hold on with a free hand.

***

(A/N For those who like music click here for background soundtrack)

We staggered down the street in disharmony. I had to push her hat down further on her head so that nobody could see who she was. I would have to face the press alone if they ever saw me with a drunken girl. Thank God our president may be able to bribe them if it got out of hand.

I made her lean against my car as I unlocked it and then opened the door for her. “Come on,” she leaned to her side, her legs sticking out. Then there was the task of tucking her legs in to seat properly in the chair. She leaned back against the chair eyes closed with exhaustion.

I got in and closed my door, checking on her as I did my seatbelt up. I made sure my rear-view mirror and other mirrors were pointing in the right place.
“Ok let’s go,” I started the engine, and then swore. “Crap I didn’t put her seatbelt on.” I had to turn off the car and lean across to grab the strap.

Ok, it was going to get awkward at this point. I gripped the top of her seat and pulled it across. Her eyelids fluttered, I rendered stuck.
“Why?” She was talking in her sleep? “Why did you have to hurt me? I thought we were all in it together?” Was she referring to them? Kara I mean?

“I’m sorry,” she sniffed. “But I don’t want to leave, I like it too much. I like singing too much. I like oppa too much.” Oppa, who was her oppa?! She sighed in her sleep, breathing gently. Something within me escalated. My feelings were getting too overwhelmed by being here with her. I knew this sensation would only bring danger but I couldn’t help it. Things were not meant to be like this were they?

“Hara, who is your oppa, can I get a name?” I had to ask I don’t know what made me.

“Silly JiHyung,” was her response. I can’t tell you that.” I don’t know why I was so disappointed after hearing this. Maybe it was simply the fact she thought it was somebody else.

I woke to my senses. Now and here was a bad place for any confession. I’d rather hear it from her sober lips than tainted ones by the poison that is alcohol.

It didn’t mean I didn’t have to hide anything. As I started the engine I started to talk, “Silly Hara. Maybe you need to be more honest with yourself. From what I’ve heard someone from Beast may have his eye on you.” So I didn’t tell her that it was me but at least if she remembered then she would think about it more.

I couldn’t tell her now.

**************************************************************

*Slams head into the desk* in my head this scene was written differently and better so I think I can officially say I’m not pleased. Not sure if this song works with the mood but a ballad didn’t see right and neither did a jumpy song. It’s going in the soundtrack on the foreword.