55. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

 

May 12 2011

Because of we had started to date at the end of April it made sense for us to make it three months since dating instead of one. But because of hectic schedules we had only met up that once so we didn’t know whether to count it.

I was in a cheerful mood while we practiced the choreography for our new song. We were going with a different feel, more angst with a beat that could be danced to. Maybe we should invent a name for a ballad slash dance number. We had released one of the songs today and the next one would come out soon.

Yoseob saw me humming away in the dance room. “Hyung’s in a good mood.”

“I bet he would be,” Hyunseung said. “He and Hara have been together for what three months?”
 

“Eh I wouldn’t say it was that long,” they looked at me surprised. “We only saw each other once in April and that was it. So I think this is our second month.”

“Is that what you tell all your past girlfriends?” I went after Yoseob, pushing him to the ground. We all ended up piling on top of each other; our maknae was on the top.

“Can’t breathe, aah,” Yoseob shrieked making us get off. We gave him some room to breathe.  Doojoon’s questionable look caused me discomfort.

“What Doojoon?”

“Does Hara think the same?”

“She’s a girl; how am I meant to know how she thinks exactly?”

He nodded in defeat. “Good point, ok we better get back to it. It’s not long before we make our comeback.” The playing around stopped and we practiced for the next five to six hours.

***

June 12 2011

“Let’s party tonight!” I yelled and we all started to sing along to ‘Fiction’. We’d managed to come first place again, something every one of us was proud of.

“I’m buying you dinner,” Joonkun said from the driver’s seat getting us to cheer. I got out my phone to tweet to the world. Yoseob leaned over and whispered something.

“Yeah, yeah I will.”

“What’s he going to do?”

Yoseob couldn’t keep his mouth shut. “He’s going to text Hara-ya!” Now they were all cheering again while I tried to not be embarrassed.

“She may not reply,” I added. “She may be resting.”

Truthfully I ended up not texting her then. I left it for the night to enjoy with the guys and not bother her. There would be plenty of time to talk with her.

Joonkun came with our drinks and we all chimed the shots together. “Ah I’ve wanted this for a long time,” Kikwang commented, putting beef on our personal hotplate. All of us agreed, the sound of the sizzling meat and the smell making us salivate like mad.

About an hour later we were starting to feel the effects of the alcohol.
“Hey Junhyung,” Doojoon began, his face slightly flushed. “Do you have a pet name for Hara?”

“Yes,” I nodded while giggling.

He nudged me in the side. “What is it?”

“Honey,” that caused hysterics getting us looks from the crowd.


“Shh don’t be too loud,” Joonkun warned. “They may not know he’s dating. There could be the press around.”

“Why not beat them to the chase?” I asked, pouring myself a glass of beer. “I’ll tell the company tomorrow and they can do whatever they want with it.” Now the laughter and cheer had gone. I just looked around the table.

Yoseob swallowed. “Hyung are you serious? I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

I sneered at him, “why the hell not?”

“Well…” He scratched the back of his neck. “We’re singers, this kind of thing can be bad.”

“Guess what,” I began. They all leaned in so I wouldn’t have to raise my voice. “I don’t care! She’s my girlfriend I do whatever I damn well please. If anyone has any objections well they can piss off!”

Nobody dared object. I didn’t ask why because I knew. They were all wussies, I was the third oldest so the other three couldn’t question my actions. Doojoon seemed as if he wanted to speak but in the end he sighed, deciding to remain quiet.

“Good,” I grabbed Yoseob’s glass, “another round?”

***

June 25 2011

The president was taking his time. I wasn’t sure how long I had been waiting for but I had left during practice to ensure I wouldn’t be late. Showered and in a simple plaid shirt I waited in my chair, humming my rap to myself.

“Junhyung-sshi,” the door opened revealing his secretary. “President Hong will see you now.”

“Thank you,” I pressed my shirt down and went in. Using my best manners I bowed to him and he then let me have a seat.

He sat forward in his chair. “Junhyung you and the boys have been doing well. As the head of the company I sincerely congratulate all six of you on your success.”

“Thank you,” there was some quiet before he cleared his throat.

“Now I’ve been informed that you wanted to speak with me in regards to a particular matter am I right?”

“Yes sir,” I nodded. “It’s about my personal life. You see I’m—“

“—we already know Junhyung-ssi,” using his finger he pointed to a manila folder marked with yesterday’s date. The title was ‘Dating Scandal’ I opened it up only to be stunned.

They were photos, of us. Photos of me, photos of Hara, photos of us together.

Together

Unsure of how to act I glanced at him, his hands folded before him. I closed the folder, exhaling heavily. “We’ve contacted DSP Entertainment and are currently waiting for their verdict. We’re going to follow suit as they are our senior company.”

He was right, I agreed but still I was worried slightly. I hadn’t meant for him to find out this way. That’s why I had asked to see him, to tell him myself.

“I’m disappointed Junhyung-ssi, however it can be fixed.”

Fixed yes; except I couldn’t help wonder what would be ruined in the process.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It’s late and I can’t say why since there is no real reason. I had to rush a little in this chapter for the fact the story’s starting to drag and that would not be good. Enjoy though this longer chapter.