51. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

April 29

“NO WAY,” Dongwoon saw something, whatever it was it had caught our attention. I scrambled to look along with the others. Our maknae sighed but he was relieved from the sounds of it.
“What is it?” Doojoon asked.

“The Kara lawsuit is finished,” we all started to hi-five each other.

“That’s a relief,” Yoseob agreed as Dongwoon hastily got up. “Got to tweet Nicole, she’ll be glad.”

“You guys better get ready for your schedules.” Our managers were cranky today; we assumed it was because they hadn’t got coffee yet. Everyone parted ways to get their belongings. As I was putting my headphones into my bag I saw Dongwoon’s sleeve as his hand tugged my arm. “Hey hyung did you speak to her?”

“Yes,” I said wondering why we were whispering. “I asked her.”

“So, what did she say?”

“Actually we aren’t going to go out yet. She wasn’t ready, but I think we will be soon.”

*

I couldn’t wait. I had to call her the moment I would be free. The others couldn’t help but notice my excitement. “Did we win first place somewhere and not know about it?” I heard Kikwang ask Hyunseung. His hyung just shrugged.

“Who knows what it’s about.”

“Mind telling us why you’re so excited?” Doojoon asked managing to crack a grin.

“Oh it’s just that we had some good news.” That got the other four confused while Dongwoon started laughing.
“What’s he saying?” They all pounced on him giving me a chance to quickly leave before they saw me calling her. I didn’t want to announce my plans just yet.

“Hey Hara,” I was surprised that she picked up. “I heard the news, congratulations.”

“Oh oppa thank you,” she yawned. “What are you doing? We’re all doing separate activities right now.”

“Cool do you want to catch up tonight?”

“What time and when?” I couldn’t believe this. Was God actually real? If so this had be some sort of un-deserved blessing for me. I cheered silently, getting funny looks from some of the female staff.
“I’ll come by say eleven?”


“Ok that would work, see you then.” The conversation ended and I smiled to myself. I’d better get back to work since my break was over.

I found a shirt I really liked and slipped it on, going through the other options I had to see if I preferred them with the jeans.

Oh come on would she even care?

Well maybe she would?

What is she like as a girlfriend?

“Hyung you’d better leave.” I saw Yoseob knocking on the door. “You’re going to be late for… Whatever it is you’re going to.” He scratched his head, confusion just making him appear cutesy.

I glanced at the time on my phone, swearing in silence. “I’d better go.” I went past him, patting him on the head. “Not sure when I’ll be back.”

“When will you tell us this secret?” I froze, slowly turning around to him. At the moment I didn’t have any desire to say anything yet. Tonight was just our first date.

No… Technically it isn’t.

“Soon,” that would keep him quiet for now. Yoseob wasn’t much of a prier: that was my task. He just nodded, not satisfied but it would do him.
“Ok hyung.” With that I went to grab my keys and left.

*

I pulled into the back street, peering around for any sign of her. I saw some kids walk past my car and stop, pointing at it to each other. If I got out they would see me, so I locked the doors and waited for them to pass.

At that moment I saw Hara walking down. She seemed to notice the kids so she stopped. Her hand went into her bag and got out her phone.

What was she…? Ah I get it.

She pretended to text someone, looking down at her phone the whole time. Then my phone went off.

Looks like I was wrong.

I checked my phone to see what she said:

Oppa, should I wait?

Now I was stumped. The kids didn’t seem eager to leave. However a police siren went off near by and they sprinted away. I texted back my reply:

Problem solved ;-)

Checking that no one else was going to come and ruin it I then opened the door, ready to embrace the cool of the night. I waved to her and she came over to me, a grin brightening her face.

“Sorry did I keep you waiting?” She asked. I shook my head taking her wrist and pulling her out of sight. In this case it was just around the other side of my car.

“What shall we do?” I asked suddenly letting go. She looked up at me; it was rather adorable how big her eyes got.

“I don’t mind. Why not walk around for a bit?”

“Sounds like a plan,” with that we both walked off. So far so good, I wonder how the rest of this date would turn out.

**********************************************************

I’m not that pleased with how this came out, maybe it’s just me. I thought about ending this when it’s around their one year anniversary; don’t know when that will be so don’t start throwing your computers out the windows yet. Sorry that I didn’t update sooner, I give myself more work than I should.