32. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

April 2010


“Whoa we’re going to perform in America?” We hadn’t expected this but it was great news for us all the same.

“Uh huh so you better practice,” Joonkun suggested to us. So we did, we practiced until our legs felt like they were about to fall off as well as our English which was something we would need in the foreign lands.

The members kept asking me if I had a crush on anyone at the moment. This was due to the fact that Kara and the Wonder Girls would be going with us too. I lost count of how many times I had to say no.

***

May 32010 a

“Junhyung what on earth do you need to pack?” Yoseob was watching me intently as I put belongings into my suitcase.

“Hey I’m bringing only the essentials.”

“How are these essentials?” Yoseob held up a large red sweater with white lightning print on it. “You’re bringing enough for a runway.”

“Hey we’ll be late for the practice… What are you doing Junhyung-yah?” Doojoon had come into our room.

“Packing?”

“Three sets of headphones?” Doojoon picked up the silver chunky ones.

“Yes, one for the plane, one for the bus and one set for the—“

“Alright it’s up to you what you bring I have no say in it,” Doojoon left resignedly.

“You’re a strange one hyung,” Yoseob told me as he finished his own packing. “Ever thought about being a stylist instead of a singer?”

“Yah do you want me to put you in a suitcase?” He cowered down after that.

***

At the airport a day later the crowds were there cheering for us as we boarded the plane. It was a mass of screams, coloured blurs from posters or banners and just the warm support that they gave us. We heard some profanities but it wasn’t enough to sway us in the least. For all we know the people may have just hurt themselves in the mass.

I couldn’t stay still during the flight, the other members slept but I needed to stretch my legs. I went down to where 2PM was sleeping and talked to them. We only talked about trivial things, like food, music but it was enough to stop me from getting bored.

I went to Lessang and managed to get an autograph from them both. Kim Jong Kook was busy at the time so I left it be. Once I was done talking with my seniors I realised I needed the bathroom. After the bathroom I then bought a can of coke knowing I would need the caffeine kick.

As I was coming back with my half empty drink I saw a road block. Someone was standing by and watching Beast. I wondered if she was a fan. She was dressed in a pink jacket, her long hair down, jeans and purple and white high top sneakers.

This was a good chance to have some fun. “Having fun staring?” I asked watching as the girl jumped. She turned to the direction of the sound. I hadn’t expected it to be her. I cleared my throat to quickly address her.
“Oh Hara-ssi, you bumped into me that one time.” It felt weird being formal. She nodded.
“Just walking around,” yeah sure. Like she really was like me in that sense.  

“I see,” I said quickly dealing with the bubble of air in my throat thanks to the carbonated drink. I realised that while we had seen each other from time to time I never really introduced myself to her. “I should probably introduce myself properly, the timing’s been crap. I’m Yong Junhyung.”

“Goo Hara,” she said back to me.

“I know,” I said almost sounding like a smart arse. She didn’t seem to notice it.

“So, excuse me so I can sit.” She bent down to glance at Hyunseung who was asleep. I waited for her to put the puzzle together.

“Oh sorry,” Hara stepped aside to let me slide in. After getting comfortable I leaned the chair back slightly, Doojoon was resting so he wouldn’t notice unless he lifted a knee. I noticed her still standing there, not sure what to do now.

“You can go,” I said quickly. She then went off not saying bye. I guess she lacked confidence or something. But then again that hadn’t been the case on Invincible Youth.

Though the camera personas compared to real life can be very different. Maybe I had yet to see which side I preferred. Hold on… Why does it even matter?

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I was going to do a double update but then I realised I needed to write the next chapter for a new fanfic I started last week. If you want to read it (it has SHINee in it) then here’s the name and the link: Seraphim