Kittens & Kitty

Don't Run Little Kitty

Kittens & Kitty


Out of nowhere a small door in the wall opened. I flinched at the sudden noise and turned to face the opening. A few seconds later, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

It couldn't be! Could it?!

A small nose poked out from the other side of the hole and slowly entered the room. There is no way in hell I could mistake this little bundle of cuteness. It was a kitten. I quickly shot off the couch and sat on the floor in the middle of the room, trying to tempt the kitty to come closer. It began to walk closer following the tapping sounds that I was making with my fingers. It eventually got close enough in order for me to pick up.

I could feel the sides of my cheeks begin to raise as I scooped up the kitty. It was a gorgeous. Silky black coat. Pink nose. Bright blue eyes and lets not forgot the absolutely adorable paws! I could feel my mood start to lift when I noticed a small meow coming from behind me.

I gently turned around trying not to startled the fluffball already in my hands, only to see more kittens. I began to count, 1, 2, 3 …. 5,6 ….9…11, 12. Not one but 12 KITTENS. I raised the kitten already in my hands into the air before rubbing my face on its little tummy. I placed the little one down in order to give my attention to the other 11 kittens in the room.

The door slowly opened and looked up to see a small head poking through the gap. It was the lady from before, she spoke softly this time "Hey Leo, guess you figured it out by now? But we have a ton of kittens that we let our customers play with. Oh and I have some food and toys for them if you want them?" It was the lady before.

"YES.…i mean yes please" I said with a little too much excitement in my voice. The lady let out a giggle before placing a cardboard box of toys on the floor and a packet of kitty kibble and treats. She gave a small wave and smile to signal that she was going and then closed the door.

I carefully stood up and attempted to walk to the toys and kibble that were near the door. I searched through the box. They have to have one right? I scrummaged through to the bottom of the box. FOUND IT! Yes! This is the best! I pulled out one of my favourite toys. It was simply a stick with a feather that had been tied to the end on a string.

As soon as I pulled it out, I caught the attention of most of the kittens in the room. I began to bounce the feather around the room and the kittens started to follow. The little pitter patters of them running across the wooden floor and the small meows that they let out was enough to get me high on happiness.

I kept going through the box with a mission to play with every single toy that I could. I had quickly forgotten about my mission to find N and time passed. The orange glow from the sunset was starting to peep through the window and the kittens had started to fall asleep one by one. I was also tired. It wouldn’t hurt to lay down for 5 minutes I thought to myself. I walked over to the couch where two of the kittens had fallen asleep and carefully positioned myself between the two kittens. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes.