Chapter 7

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

Back to reality! We just came back from Hong Kong. Now I need to catch up with the notes I missed and I have only one person to rely on... Its Kyungsoo! He is a very organized person... The exact opposite of his best friend, Jongin. Jongin is a person who cannot stand staying at one place for a long time and because of this he has a short attention span so if he reviews he moves around. His notebooks are 60% drawings & 40% notes so he always asks Kyungsoo to review him.

 

"Kyungsoo did I miss a lot of things while I was in the hospital" I asked. For me being able to miss school is like a big deal for me. I prefer both listening to the teacher while writing notes rather than relying only on notes and being absent affects my attendance.

 

"Well not much, you can copy my notes... And by the way today homeroom time, they will announce our ranks". I thanked Kyungsoo for lending me his notes but when I heard that today the ranks I kind of predicted the outcome. I already knew I was not able to perform well. So maybe the Conceited Psycho would get first or Kyungsoo. 

 

As the teacher entered, everyone's eyes started to widen with fear. "Ok, I will you call you one by one. As I call your name please come forward and take your card" the teacher said. Everyone started to get their cards one by one. I can see some who were satisfied and some were not.

 

"Next is Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo-ah your grades are getting higher! Now your second place" the teacher said.  I felt happy for him. He deserved it. 

 

"Next Kim Junmyeon. Congratulations you placed first" the teacher continued.  Well at least he will not consider me his rival now.

 

"Next Bae Joohyun, your grades slightly dropped but still you placed high" I was not disappointed with my grades I knew I deserved it. I just need a good grade to maintain my scholarship.

 

After homeroom time we had arts class. The teacher told us that we would have a project by triad. I wanted to be in  a group with Rosè and Kyungsoo. But even before we decided to make the groups the teacher suddenly said something: "But I would be the one to choose who you will be your group mates be. So she said the list of the group mates. Me and Rosè had different reactions when we knew our group mates. I was in a team with Yixing and the Kim Junmyeon. Of all people why should it be Kim Junmyeon? Rosè was happy with her team. She had her dream boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun and the living meme Oh Sehun.

 

We started making the project and obviously Kim Junmyeon had his king disease while me and Yixing were busy planning for the house diagram. "Excuse me Kim Junmyeon-ssi I know your happy that you got first place but I can get that back with just a simple way" I said. He just looked at me thinking It was joke.

 

"Bae Joohyun is jealous?? And what is the simple way you are saying?" He said with an irritating smile.

 

 "Why would I be jealous? Me and Yixing could just leave your name out since you're not helping." Yixing let out a small laugh after hearing what I said and Junmyeon started to help out.

 

Rosè's POV

I was slightly disappointed when I knew that the teacher wanted to group us. She told us that there are instances if we are grouped by friends some just do nothing and take advantage of their friends. And since they are friends, they hesitate to report them.

 

But I changed my view when I knew my group. I was with Baek and Sehun.  I felt sorry that Joohyun has to be a group with Mr. Pres... But I was a little pre-occupied since Baek is near.

 

Our project went smoothly. Baekhyun volunteered to buy materials and me and Sehun conceptualized the house diagram. During breaks Sehun would buy bubble tea and snacks for us