Chapter 15

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

A few days has passed and finally I can walk normally now. The doctor told me that I can remove the bandage already which was a very good news. Now I can wear both shoes Yixing gave me.

 

I showed Yixing that I was wearing both shoes and he gave me a big smile.

 

"Yah Kim Junmyeon! I'm not wearing the worn out shoes now." I showed him the new shoes.

 

He frowned "Why would I care? Should I throw a party because you got new shoes?" He became colder

 

I noticed that he was being colder for the past few days and I saw his scores in quizzes was not as high as his regular scores. He also gives me that cold glare.

 

I think he has something bothering him. So I just let it pass.

 

We had 2 periods with no teacher. During free-period, Jongin and Sehun danced around the whole room with very loud music. And the whole class was busy watching them.

 

I think Junmyeon is having a bad day. "QUIET PLEASE! There are still people busy doing the seat work!!" He shouted. The whole class suddenly became quiet.

 

"I think Mr. Pres is having a bad day" Rose whispered

 

"He has been like this for a few days now" I also whispered.

 

I just did not mind him.

 

Junmyeon stood up and went out when he received a call that looked important. And ran.

 

I collected the finished seat work that he was supposed to collected and pass to the teacher.

 

When I went out of the faculty I saw Junmyeon rushing out his father's office. He went to the staircase and I followed him.

 

He looked back and saw me"Why are you following me?" I can see tears falling down from his eyes. I held his hand and led him to my secret place. Where I usually pour my feelings. "Where are you taking me?!" He whined

 

"Stop talking and follow me. We are almost here" I said.

 

I brought him to the school roof top and showed him the view. "This is where I go when I feel bad and hurt. I'll leave you alone and just cry it out. I'm sure you would not do anything stupid right?" I told him and let go of his hand.

 

"Don't go! I don't want to be alone! I'm afraid I might do something stupid when I'm left alone."He grabbed my hand , pulled me and made me sit down. He started to pour all his tears.

 

"You know sometimes it's better to tell someone what's bothering you than keeping it to yourself" I patted his back.  "I will not judge what you say. I'll just listen and don't worry I will not spread it. Here's my phone you hold it so you will not think I'm recording you."

 

"I-- I'm tired of living like this" he started to pour his feelings "I'm tired of just studying hard to raise my father's image. I don't even want to become the president. I just wanted to impress him"

 

I've never seen him like this. Behind that strong image is a boy who just wants to be loved by his dad.

 

"Whenever I get 2nd place he would get mad at me. And if I get first place I would not even get a single praise." He started to calm down.

 

"Wait do you promise not to tell anyone about this?" He asked

 

"I won't. Do you want to hear my secret so you can use that against me when I tell what happened today to anyone?" I asked.

 

He agreed. "I'm a scholar here right? I need to maintain my grades so I can keep studying here---"

 

"Wait everyone knows that tell me something I don't know" he interrupted.

 

"I'm not yet finish are you going to make me continue?" I asked.

 

"I did not want to study here because it's too pricey. My parents wanted me to study here. The boss of the convenience store is our regular costumer in our restaurant and heard the conversation about how my parent's desperately want me to study here" I felt tears starting to well out. "She raises me like her daughter. She provides me everything I need but I feel ashamed to ask more  so aside from working there I have another job"

 

"Now we're even" he said

 

"I hate you you made me cry when I'm perfectly having a good day" I sulked.

 

Junmyeon's POV

My dad called me and scolded me when he saw my grades were dropping. I wanted to run away.

 

Joohyun saw me running outside my father's office. She made me go to the roof top and cry my feelings out.

 

I'm afraid if I'm left alone I might do something stupid. So I asked her to stay.

 

I felt relieved after saying what I really felt. She even told me about her secret. I was able to know her more. She cried and I really wanted to hug her... But it would be weird if I did.

 

I now realized Rosè was right! I'm starting to like her.