Chapter 2

The Lucky One

Joohyun’s POV

It was announced that Kim Junmyeon’s father, the board of directors of the school will hold a charity event and ball in Hongkong to celebrate his birthday. What a very rich family that explains why Junmyeon became the student body president for 3 consecutive years. It was a requirement that everybody should attend… I did not want to go… I am not like everyone in the school who has families who are filthy rich just like Rose. Rose’s family would be the one who will host the charity ball in Hong Kong since their family owns a lot of hotels around the world… in fact Rose literally lives in a hotel near my roof top house.

 

But I am different my family owns a little restaurant in Busan but they wanted me to study in a very prestigious school so they told me to apply here and get a scholarship. My current boss is actually a regular costumer in our restaurant and heard about how my parents desperately want me to enter that prestigious school. So she decided to help me get in to that school as a scholar. She does not have any children so she treated me like her own daughter that is why aside from the pay I get from working at her convenience store and the allowance I get from my parents, she gives me allowance every week... so I find it bad if I ask her to help me go to Hong Kong for the charity event.

So I decided to get more part time jobs so that I can have money to pay for the required fee. On top of that exams are also approaching and I need to score high so that my scholarship will not be taken away. I do not mind having only a few hours of sleep and less time to eat just to cope up with the things I need to do.

I had a couple of nosebleeds while trying to balance my time for work and studies. After the exam I felt very exhausted and I think that my health is taking the best of me. Rose forced me to go to the clinic because she told me I look very bad and pale.

On the way to the nurse’s office, my vision started to blur and everything around me started to spin and I did not know what happened next. The moment I opened my eyes I realized that I was in the emergency room and I saw Kim Junmyeon sitting beside my bed. “Why are you here?” I asked him because it was very impossible for him to watch me here.

 

“ you should be thankful that I watched you here as the student body president it is my responsibility to take care of my fellow students especially classmates” he said annoyingly.

 

If I had the strength I would be ready to beat him up “A lot of people consider you lucky to be watched by this handsome student body president… so consider yourself lucky!” he added.

 

 

A doctor came by and checked me “you should take care of your body it shows that you overworked your body that is why you fainted a while ago” the doctor said. I realized that I did not balance my time properly… now I have another thing to pay for… the HOSPITAL BILLS. “You can leave after you finish the ivy fluid” the doctor added

 

 “how much do I need to pay for?” I asked nervously… I have not yet fully paid for the Hong Kong trip and now this???!!

 

“Don’t worry the school has taken care of the bills and the school already called your guardian… oh and by the way you should thank the man who was watching you… he was the one who brought you here a while ago” I felt a sort of relief that I do not have to pay for the hospital…. But at the same time OF ALL PEOPLE WHY DID KIM JUNMYEON SEE ME COLLAPSE IN THE CORRIDOR!!!!

 

  “I told you! You are considered lucky” he said while sticking out his tongue…

 

IF I HAD THE STRENGTH HE WOULD BE ALREADY DEAD “so maybe I might be able to beat you since you were not able to balance your jobs and studying for the exam” he said confidently

 

 “I DO NOT HAVE THE INTENTION TO COMPETE WITH YOU!! YOU ARE LIKE A CONCEITED PSYCHO” I wanted to tell him that

 

 

When I went home I saw my boss cooking porridge for me “You should have told me that you need money for the school trip… if I knew you did not have to suffer having multiple jobs and balancing school” she looked very concern…. I did not know what to do

 

 “I felt ashamed because I might abuse your kindness so I decided to apply for more jobs” I am afraid that if I abuse it I might lose my privileges and shelter.

 

“But it was exam  season you also need to study… by the way I heard that after the charity there will be a ball… do you have something to wear” she asked. That is the thing I forgot to save for… the DRESS…

 

“None, I’ll just wear whatever I have in my cabinet that would fit for the event. “ I answered… she suddenly brought out a very beautiful black blouse and skirt that would fit the event… it was very shiny … She handed me the dress but I refused because it look very expensive but she said she bought it right away when she knew that I had multiple jobs and she also gave me pocket money to Hong Kong… I did not know what to say… I was left speechless

 

Rosè's POV

I noticed Joohyun dozing off in class which was very unusual. She's the type of person who tries everything to keep awake. When I woke her up she looked very pale so I asked her to go to the clinic. "Do you want me to accompany you?" I asked but she refused it. I felt really worried she might not even make it to the clinic and collapse on the corridors.

 

Just like what I thought she really did collapse. Good thing Mr. Pres went in just in time to ask for help.. So Mr. Pres has a warm side too. Which Joohyun never sees.

 

When I heard she went out of the hospital, I immediately rushed to her house and brought food and clothes because I need to help her pack for Hong Kong for tomorrow. If not she might wear clothes that are not presentable anymore.

 

"Can I check your luggage? Your luggage needs an approval from me!" I said. It would be her first time going abroad so I want her to wear her very best. I opened her bag and cabinet to see what clothes she should and not wear to Hong Kong.

 

We spent the whole night chatting and fixing her attires. I really love sleep overs inside her warm and cozy Roof top house. It is better than living in a hotel where you see thousands of people you do not know entering and leaving.

 

 

Junmyeon POV

Rose noticed that Joohyun looked very sick during class, so she asked her to go to the infirmary. She had a hard time walking straight. I was worried that she might collapse on the way to the infirmary. But people might think it's weird if I follow her so I just said that I would go to the bathroom.

 

I walked secretly behind her so she would not notice me. But I ran fast and caught her when I saw her about to faint so that she would not hit her head.

 

Good thing the nurse passed by and saw us and called the ambulance. I volunteered to stay in the hospital until she wakes up.