Chapter 11

The Lucky One

 

Joohyun's POV

I continued walking with the sprained foot until Jongdae and Minseok saw me having a hard time walking. "What happened to you?" Jongdae asked me

 

"I almost fell a while a go and because of that I twisted my ankle" I explained. They offered to help me walk, at first I rejected, but I cannot deny that it really hurts so I just accepted the offer.

 

When the hiking trip ended, we rested for a while and headed back to the campsite. "Wait here we'll just go to the restroom" Jongdae said. I did not want to wait so I just went ahead.

 

"Aren't you having a hard time walking?" Junmyeon asked.

 

"Yes I am but I wanted to go ahead since it's more dangerous going when it gets dark" I said.

 

He offered me to ride his back. Good thing before he insisted Kyungsoo was behind me and offered to help me walk by holding his left shoulder.

 

I thought Junmyeon would stop insisting, he asked me to hold the other side of his shoulder. So Kyungsoo was at my right and he was at left where the injured foot was. The worst was he walked too fast which strained the left leg and made Kyungsoo tired. I wanted to let go because I can see Kyungsoo having a hard time because of him.

 

"Kim Junmyeon you're too fast!!!" I screamed. He squatted down and told me to ride his back. Since he kept on insisting I rode it and made Kyungsoo carry the bags.

 

As soon as I went to the campsite, I told Junmyeon to put me down near our tent and I ran to check Rosè. "Are you okay? I was really worried" I checked her temperature and good thing her fever is going down. I can see she was happy her dream boy friend took care of her.

 

" What happened to your foot?" she pointed at my foot.

 

"I almost fell when I heard you had high fever." I explained.

 

"What about the concert this Saturday? How will you walk with that foot and how will I go if I have this colds." She reminded me about the concert.

 

 I totally forgot about the concert. It was a big festival where in my favorite artists like INFINITE, Shinee, Red Velvet and Bigbang will attend. I would not want to miss it but I can't let her go there.

 

"It's okay. I will just go with someone else. You just rest first. I will just send you videos or video call you." I told her.

 

"Why not go with Mr. Pres he can carry you like how he carried you a while ago" she suggested. She knew I was I was desperate in going. But I was not that desperate to go with that psycho. Junmyeon was shocked when he heard his name.

 

"He does not even look like someone who listens to that type of music" I said. I would do anything for the concert. But I rather miss the concert if I have to go with him.

 

Jongdae caught my eye. He likes listening to Shinee and Red Velvet. He even covers Shinee songs if he has time.

 

"Yah Kim Jongdae!!" I called him with excitement.

 

He rushed to our tent. "Are you free this Saturday?" I asked with my fingers crossed. He checked his schedule and smiled. "I'm free" he said. Those words made me happy.

 

"Let's meet at the convenience store before going to the concert I need to teach the new part-time" I said.

 

We spent the night in the campsite. I could not sleep because I was very worried about Rosè. She really gets bad colds.

 

The next morning, we had breakfast and Kyungsoo helped in cooking because he was a very good cook.

 

After breakfast we got ready to leave and board to the bus.

 

Baekhyun insisted to sit beside Rosè. I did not mind so Rosè can have the time of her life. But the problem is where I'll be sitting. The bus was in chaos.

 

I wanted to sit beside Kyungsoo or Minseok but they wanted to sit at the back. I don't sit at the back of the bus because it's the noisiest part of the bus especially if Jongin dances. But I want to catch up with sleep because I was not able to sleep all night.

 

Kim Junmyeon entered the bus last to  make sure everyone is inside.

 

"Yah sit down!" He said with his usual angry tone.

 

"I'm still looking for a seat. I don't want to stay in the back." I honestly said and bowed my head.

 

"Sit in front." He pointed at his seat.

 

"I thought you want to sit alone because you hate the noise" I said. I did not want to sit beside him.

 

"Will you just stand there the whole trip? I don't mind." That's the reason why I did not want to stay beside him. He has that attitude. But I had no choice. So I sat beside him.

 

"Take the window seat. I heard you were not able to sleep yesterday. I saw you going out several times in the middle of the night." I think Junmyeon is sick. He's being considerate today.

 

I slept at the whole trip. I did not know I was already lying down on Junmyeon's shoulder.

 

"Oops... Sorry" I said. I thought he would say something mean.

 

"It's okay...just sleep." He said.

 

When I woke up, I saw a blanket over me. I did not know who placed it. When I looked at the side Junmyeon was also sleeping.

 

Rosè's POV

When Baekhyun checked me I felt happy. If I was not sick I would be jumping for joy when that happened. He even called Mr. Pres to say he would stay and watch me.

 

I wished that our classmates would take long so I can spend more time alone with him. I can't believe I was thankful that I was really sick.

 

When I saw Joohyun  with an injured foot and was being carried by Mr. Pres, I really thought Mr. Pres has feelings for her. He could just leave her or hold her or even ask someone to help her.

 

I suddenly remembered the concert this Saturday, she was really desperate to go there so I bought the ticket for our anniversary of our friendship. To test Mr. Pres' feelings I suggested that he would go with her. Unfortunately Joohyun saw Jongdae. Jongdae is a Shinee fan.

 

When the trip ended and we had to go inside the bus. I did not know what has gotten in to Baek... He volunteered to sit beside me.

 

"Joohyun was not able to sleep last night. I was able to sleep a long time yesterday so I'll just watch you" I did not know how to feel.

 

I felt that this day was perfect...except of course I was sick.

 

Joohyun sat beside Mr. Pres. It was like I was watching a drama. He even placed a blanket for Joohyun and pretended to sleep when Joohyun was looking around to know who placed a blanket over her.