Chapter 18

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

I don't know what has gotten in Kim Junmyeon. He has been colder for the past few days. Even when Sehun approaches him, he just gives a cold glare.

 

 "Joohyun, I'm sorry but you are the only one who can catch up with his attitude. Can I ask a favor?" Sehun seemed really worried about his best friend.

 

"What is it?" I asked

 

"He looks like he has not been sleeping. He only studies day and night. He even misses a lot of his meals and now he looks sick. I checked his temperature and he is burning with fever.  Can you convince him to go to the clinic?" Kim Junmyeon is lucky to have a best friend like him. Even if he treats Sehun coldly Sehun still cares about him.

 

I went to Kim Junmyeon's seat. He did not even look up when I went there. He was too engrosed in studying even if he looks sick. "Kim Junmyeon you look horrible. You need to go to the clinic." He just gave me a cold glare

 

"What do you care?!" Even if he's sick he really has the energy to talk coldly.

 

"Your best friend asked me a favor, that's why! I'm not moving an inch until you go to the clinic! I will not go away even if the teacher arrives. Lunch time is almost up." I have been sitting there but he did not even respond.

 

 

"Fine! Let's go!" It took him 10 minutes for him to be convinced.

 

Even if he had a hard time walking, he did not even let me nor Sehun to help him walk.

 

When we arrived at the clinic he was asked to rest for the whole day and go home after school.

 

After class, I waited for Junmyeon. I wanted to know why he was like that. I understand if he was just like that to me but he was like that to everyone.

 

"Kim Junmyeon let's talk!" I draged him to the roof top

 

"What do you need?" He asked.

 

"What has gotten in to you? You have been cold to everyone. Even to Sehun" I said

 

"What do you care" His voice started to raise.

 

"Why do you keep answering with questions? Can't you even answer properly?" His attitude has gotten in my nerves.

 

"It's because of the scholarship!" That answer was very unreasonable.

 

"Scholarship? You're too rich to even care about that!" In fact he even owns the school.

 

"It's not for me." He looked down.

 

"Then for whom?" I felt angry. My voice started to get louder.

 

"For you!! Ok for you!!!" He yelled

 

"Why for me??!" I also yelled

 

He started to go closer... actually to close. Then he kissed me. "It's because I like you! I had a deal with my dad. I had to avoid you just so that you can maintain that scholarship" I was dumbfounded when he said he liked me! I felt my face turning red

 

He sacrificed for me! He wanted me to be happy!... I actually like him too... I did not know when exactly it started. Maybe because I heard why he was really like that. I understood him more. I started to miss the times when we were bickering on each other.

 

"I like you too" I whispered.

 

"What did you say?" I was surprised he even heard what I said.

 

"I said I like you too" I covered my red face. And he just smiled and tried to remove my hand from my face then he kissed me again.

 

"Wait your virus!! You were sick just a while ago" I said

 

"It's all gone but I advice you to take vitamins. You might have colds tomorrow. I declare this as our first day as a couple!" He said.

 

"Wait what about your dad?!" I suddenly remember the deal he made.

 

"We can keep this as our secret for the mean time"  he made a gesture as if he was zipping his mouth.

 

We decided to keep our relationship private until he and his dad fixes everything.

 

He was right the next day I had colds. I wanted to tell him but he was not in school today. I texted him and he said he had to rest and today is his mother's memorial day.