Chapter 17

The Lucky One

Junmyeon's POV

I could not take it anymore! I rushed to my father's office to beg him to bring back her scholarship. "I can't understand why, right in the middle of the school year you suddenly hold scholarships? Don't you understand the effect to the recipients of that??!" I suddenly raised my voice. This was the very first time that happened.

 

"it's your first time caring about the school. Is it because of the girl in your class" I was dumb-founded when he asked that. How did he know about it? I could not even answer him.

 

"I have eyes everywhere! I know the things you are doing. Missing class just because she fainted, roaming around in Hong Kong, going to the rooftop together? You even bought shoes and a necklace." I totally forgot my dad sends people to keep an eye on me.

 

"It's the first time you did something for a girl. And that makes you distracted which makes your grades drop" he continued. He was wrong. I hate being pressured about grades. My grades drop because of him but I could not even say a word. "Actually you made me even determined to hold that scholarship. I was going to stop the decision until I knew that you were doing this just for a single girl."

 

"I'll do everything! Just bring back her scholarship and the rest of the students!" Tears started to well out because of how desperate I was. And my dad just stared at me.

 

"Ok, I will do it with just one condition" he said. I wont hesitate to do everything just for Joohyun. "You have to avoid Bae Joohyun so I can bring her scholarship back"

 

"I accept the condition!" I know it would be hard to do. But I am willing to do that just for her.

 

My dad really kept his word. He announced the return of the scholarship the following week. I can see her relief when she heard the return of her scholarship. I wanted to hug her but I can't.

 

Joohyun's POV

I felt more weak trying to keep up with balancing my jobs and school. I thought everything would be okay after resting in the clinic yesterday. But it got worse. I had a hard time walking. I felt like I was going to faint. Good thing Yixing was at my back supporting me in walking out of the school.

 

"I think you need to skip the part-time job today and get an ivy shot. We'll bring you to the hospital. Because you will not be able to work properly in that condition." He was right. So we went to the hospital and got a shot.

 

The next day I felt very relieved. I heard an announcement about the restoration of the scholarship. I did not have to work more and I can go back to the regular routine.

 

Today was a very good day!! But I think Junmyeon is in a bad mood again. He used to have lunch with Sehun and now he eats alone while Sehun eats with me, Rosè and the trio featuring Kyungsoo.

 

Junmyeon has also been avoiding me lately. I really don't know why...