Chapter 16

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

After letting out all those feelings, we stared at the sky and did not realize it was almost getting dark. "Kim Junmyeon it's late. Let's go! Give me back my phone" When I checked my phone, I had a lot of missed calls from an unknown number and I was not even able to hear a single one.

 

I tried to call the number and it was Hanguk Hospital. "Is this Choi Inha's guardian? She is hospitalized in Hanguk Hospital right now" The hospital answered. I felt my heart dropped. I did not know what to do. How careless of me not to hear 20 missed calls??!!

 

I rushed out of the school and thankfully I saw Kim Junmyeon's car heading out of the school. "What happened? Do you need a ride?" He rolled the window down.

"Can you give me a ride going to Hanguk Hospital?"I did not hesitate accepting the offer. I desperately need a ride to the hospital

 

I rushed to Ahjumma's room. She looked very sick. According to the nurse she collapsed while doing inventories for the store. She had a minor heart attack. Fortunately, she was fine but she can't do any heinous activities because it could agitate her heart and it could lead to something serious. She could be discharged the next day but strict monitoring was required for at least a week.

 

I missed 3 days of school because I needed to take care of her. The attendance did not matter anymore. I need to stay by her side. It is also a way of thanking her for all the things she has done.

 

I thought nothing could get worse after what happened a few days ago... But there was an announcement from the Principal: "Students of Haneum Academy there is a big announcement for all recipients of the Scholarship. Since there were mishaps in the organization who distributes the fund for scholarship, scholarships are temporarily on hold for the whole semester." What a good thing to start the day, right??!!

 

I cannot even tell Ahjumma my scholarship is on hold. If she knew she would rush here right this instant and have a big debate with the principal. But she can't do it now because she just got out of the hospital.

 

I just need to work multiple jobs secretly again. I'll go to school early in the morning to review the notes. After school I will work until night. I will do this all to pay my tuition.

 

I just hope I will not collapse again like the last time...

 

I did as I planned for the whole week. It was very hard to cope up with the classes because I feel weak.

 

"Kyungsoo, can I get the notes for the whole day? I had a hard time catching up with the lesson." Kyungsoo is the only person I can rely on when it comes to times like this.

 

"Can you wipe your nose first? Your nose is bleeding." I checked my nose, and it was really bleeding. Well it's not the first time it happened this week. I also had a nose bleed during class.

 

Yixing saw that my nose was bleeding then he rushed towards me and helped me go to the clinic. I did not stop him from doing so because I really felt like there was a vaccum my whole energy. I rested in the clinic the whole day and rushed going to my second job

 

Junmyeon's POV

I cannot stand this anymore! I hate seeing her suffer like that.

 

I hate it if I was not the one who escorts her to the clinic.

 

I hate seeing her very drained and not able to focus. I have to put a stop to this right this instant.

 

For the girl I love!!