Chapter 19

The Lucky One

Junmyeon's POV

As soon as I went home, I just can't help but smile thinking about what happened today. I can't believe I have a girlfriend!! I could not even sleep thinking about it. I forgot I was sick.

 

The next day was my Mother's death anniversary. It has been 3 years since she left us and I haven't missed going to her grave. But this year is different because my dad will not be able to go.

 

It has been a long time since I last visited her. I missed her so much.

 

"Mom, sorry if I was not able to go often. I was too busy dad was also too busy that's why he could not go today. I finally found the girl I like!" I promised my mom that she would be the first one  to know if I have a girl friend. I showed her Joohyun's photo. "This is Bae Joohyun! She is the person that makes me happy. She's pretty right. We just started dating yesterday but I can't tell dad... I'm afraid I would be the reason why she would have a hard time if he knew about this. Dad has changed a lot ever since you left. He has been more focused on school and raising his image."

 

I suddenly felt someone behind me. I looked behind me and it was my dad. I was shocked because he heard me talking about Joohyun. If he knew Joohyun would be in trouble.

"Dad I thought you would not be able to go because you were too busy." My voice became shaky.

 

"One of my meetings were cancelled today then I suddenly remembered your mom." He said

 

"Did you hear what I said?" I asked hoping he did not hear it.

 

"I heard it. I'm sorry if I became too focused on work. I forgot I was neglecting you and pressuring you." He hugged me and I never saw my dad like that. I felt tears falling down. He hugged me tighter.

 

After being emotional, we ate out together. We haven't done it in a long time. It felt nice. We chatted the whole day.

 

"Why didn't you tell me about your girl friend?" I felt like I was going to choke when he asked it. But he was really calm.

 

"Because I was afraid I would be the reason why her scholarship would be removed if you knew" I honestly said.

 

"I'm sorry. I became too hard on you. I want to say I'm proud of you. Don't study hard just for me but for you. Even if you placed last, I will be there to support you!" I can't believe my dad would say that.

 

As soon as I got home, I called Joohyun and told her about the good news. "Are you free tomorrow? I need to talk to you. This will be considered as our first date" I wanted to look for an opportunity to give the things I bought for her. I forgot that the shoes were with Rosè so I called her immediately.

 

Rose's POV

Mr. Pres is planning something for Joohyun? And I don't know about it??!!

 

He already asked for the shoes he bought for Joohyun. It either means he confessed already or his planning to confess.

 

I envy my best friend's love life!! At least Baekhyun already broke up with Taeyeon 2 weeks ago. He finally listened to Chanyeol. Chanyeol always told him to break up with her because he deserves someone who appreciates him in whatever he gives. Taeyeon always gives away what Baek gives him in front of him.

 

I swear I will make him fall for me tomorrow. I just need Chanyeol's help.