Chapter 8

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

We have been working on our project for the past few days. Now we only need to paint it and do some finishing touches. But of all days, today is the day I left my hair tie. Now my hair is all over my face while painting. "Yah aren't you going to tie your hair?" I can sense Junmyeon's slightly irritated with my hair flying around the place... Well I am too.

 

"Let's take a break. We are out of paint. I will go and buy paint and snacks wait here" Yixing said. Now I'm left alone with Kim Junmyeon... We did not even spoke a word to each other. He took a nap while I just fixed the diagram waiting for Yixing to return.

 

Yixing brought paint and snacks and got his snacks and gave me mine. "Yah! I think you forgot about me!!!!" Junmyeon shouted. "Oh sorry I do not buy for the people who do not work hard" Yixing said and sticked out his tongue. I could not help but laugh. Before Junmyeon gets annoyed Yixing gave him the snacks and drink.

 

"Joohyun-ah here. I bought it since your having a hard time working with your hair all over your face" Yixing handed me the hair tie.

 

"Sorry Yixing but as much a I want to tie my hair, I could not because my hands are full of paint" I showed him my hands. Because of this he got my hair and tied it. He may look clumsy while tying it but he actually did well for a guy. But his hands were very shaky. He was also holding his breath while tying my hair. Maybe it was his first time tying a girl's hair.

 

"How long are you just going to sit there? Aren't you going to start finishing this up??!!" Junmyeon felt pissed. He looked very bored waiting for us.

 

Yixing whispered that we would make Junmyeon wait long because he was kind of cute when he is bored. So Yixing removed my hair tie again.

 

"Uhm... It's a little messy. Let's tie it again". I could not help but laugh when I saw Junmyeon's face. He looked as if his ears were letting out smoke.

 

The project was finally done! Me and Yixing did a high-five. We forgot that our hands were full of paint, paint splashed to our faces. We could not help but laugh and we started putting more paint to each others faces and clothes.

 

"Very childish!" Junmyeon said while sighing. When we heard that, me and Yixing looked at each other as if we were signaling each other to paint Junmyeon too. We ran towards Junmyeon... Even if he tried his best in avoiding, he failed. Now we just chased each other and ran around in circles and painted each other. It was actually my first time seeing Junmyeon smile.

 

"Do you guys know how much this shirt costs? Now its full of paint! Yah Yixing you're also wearing an expensive shirt, aren't you upset that you soiled your shirt?" Junmyeon complained.

 

Yixing looked at his shirt and smiled. "Its alright I can get a new one" Yixing said. I did not mind soiling these clothes because they are cheap anyway.

 

We thought that we were done playing... Until Yixing made a mistake and opened the hose near Junmyeon instead of opening the hose he was holding. Junmyeon was soaked with water. I thought that he would hit Yixing but he just got pointed the hose at Yixing's direction. They eventually started wetting each other. I thought I won't be part of their game. But they teamed up on me and I became so soaked with water.

 

We did not have extra clothes so we went home soaking wet.

 

Yixing's POV

I bought her the hair tie since she looked so irritated with her hair flying all over her face. After the project was finished, me and Joohyun did a high-five and forgot that our hands were full of paint. Paint splashed so we just decided to paint each other's faces and chasing each other. We eventually made Junmyeon join.

 

I actually knew what knob to twist to open that hose. But I just wanted to joke around and purposely soaked Junmyeon. So we just started pointing hoses at each other and forgot we did not have extra clothes.

 

As soon as I went home, I changed immediately.

 

I received a call from Yixing. "Don't forget to change right away. You might get colds if you don't change" I smiled when I said that. He loves worrying about me which makes him cute.

 

Junmyeon's POV

I am not the type of person to play with paint and paint each other. I did not know it was actually fun.

 

I can't be too careless since a lot of eyes are on me because one simple mistake can affect my dad. So I grew up only reading books and studying. I never had a time to be myself until today.

 

I thought our game ended but suddenly Yixing opened the wrong hose and made me wet. It was a funny fact so I pointed the hose to him. So we started making each other wet. Without knowing I did not have an extra shirt. So I rode the car wet