Chapter 13

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

It's Monday again and I hate it so much. I still haven't gotten over the concert the other night. I can't believe I saw INFINITE again and I also can't believe Kim Junmyeon also listens to girl group just like a regular guy.

 

Yixing came back from China and he looked drained. Maybe he had a lot of events to attend. He brought a paper bag and gave it to me. The paper bag contained shoes and socks. The shoes looked very expensive. And it is just the right size.

 

"Why did you buy shoes for me and how did you know my shoe size?" I asked.

 

"Those are the newest model of Converse and they had a promo for the first 100 buyers can get a discount if you buy two. So I also bought for you because I thought you needed new shoes since you keep on working. I saw your shoe size when you brought extra shoes before.  " he said

 

"Why did you have to buy for me?" I asked. I was flattered when he thought of me. I can't wait to wear those new shoes. It's also in my favorite color

 

"Yixing thanks! I'll use it well" I was very happy.

 

 

"Wait what happened to your foot?" Yixing saw my injured foot.

 

"During the hiking I almost fell " I explained.

 

"Good thing it's just a minor sprain" he said.

 

 

Yixing's POV

I'm very happy that she liked the shoes. I saw that there was a promo in China for the first 100 buyers the day before I bought it.  I went early just to buy those.

 

When I saw her shoes she uses for her part time job it was very old so when I saw it I decided to buy her sturdy shoes.

 

When she was not looking I looked at her extra shoes and saw her size

 

Rosè's POV

Mr. Pres called me again for Joohyun. "What do you need again??!" I asked then I saw a paper bag of shoes. I assumed it was for Joohyun.

 

"I need you to keep these shoes for safe keeping. And DON'T USE IT I'll get it eventually" he really had to emphasize not to use the shoes. What does he think of me??!

 

I think he was planning to give it but Chinese Lover boy already gave her shoes.

 

"I do not do favors for free. " I really want to interrogate him.

 

"What do you want?" He asked with an irritated face.

 

"Answer my question. As easy as that" i raised an eye brow to make him anxious

 

"What question?" I can feel that he was very curious about the question.

 

"Do you like my best friend?!" I desperately wanted to know his answer.

 

At first he hesitated in looking at me in the eye. I knew the answer but I wanted to confirm it.

 

"I'll throw these shoes. Or worse I'll just give it to her and say you bought it if you really do not have feelings for her." Maybe that's a good threat so he could answer me.

 

He took a deep breath "Fine. I'm still confused with what I'm really feeling!" He could not even look at me in the eye. "I do not know if I really like her. But she makes me worry and sometimes I want to protect her!! I just can't get the right timing" he sighed again.

 

My hunches were never wrong all along.  I took the shoes and assured him I would take care of it and not tell Joohyun about what he is feeling

 

 

Junmyeon's POV

There it goes again!! I missed the right timing!!

 

The Chinese Guy was ahead again!! I thought I'd be first since he was in China the whole time. 

 

I'll just keep it again for safe keeping AGAIN. I'll ask her best friend to keep it.  So I called Rosè

 

Rosè threatened me and ask how I felt for Joohyun. I seriously don't know!! I want to protect her. But liking someone can be a distraction in studying.

 

I'm torn what should I do??