Chapter 1

The Lucky One

School is just around the corner, in order to spend the last day of vacation the 2 best friends (Rosè and Joohyun) decided to shop for school supplies. Rosè has a very flashy personality and has a little bit of an attitude which is an exact opposite of Joohyun's personality. Joohyun is a scholar in Haneum Academy and to maintain that she studies day and night aside from that she also has a part-time job.

 

Joohyun's POV

I usually shop with Rosè before the start of school. Obviously she would buy the most expensive school materials and I would buy the items on sale. It's not because I have no money but I just want to save the money that I get from working at my part time job and the allowance my parents send since they own a small restaurant in Busan.

 

 I waited outside Rose’s house since she only lives a block away so that we can go to school together. As soon as I step inside the classroom I looked around to see who would be my with me for the rest of the school year. I see familiar faces like Jongin, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, and Minseok. I was satisfied with my classmates until Kim Junmyeon, the student body president and the second in class entered. I just do not like him, he thinks of me as his rival even if in fact I do not even compete with him. I’m just lucky I was able to maintain my scholarship and became the top of the class.

 

                As soon as the bell rang everybody rushed going to their seats and the teacher entered bringing a new face inside the classroom. He looked like a foreigner to me. “Everybody I would like to introduce to you your new classmate who came from China” the teacher called the attention of the class and made the new student introduce himself.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo my name is Zhang Yixing and I came from Changsha, China and transferred here because of my father’s business” he said a little clumsily and tried hard to pronounce every syllable so that everyone understands what he was saying. The teacher asked someone who knows how to speak a little Chinese so that someone can help him around.

 

 The class was quiet… until Jongdae, one of my closest friends suddenly raised his hand “Teacher! Joohyun can! she is studying how to speak Chinese” I can’t believe Jongdae volunteered me when he can actually speak in Chinese better than me since his family has businesses in China …but it’s embarrassing and offending if I reject helping Yixing…. He seems nice… so I just offered to help him.

 

                Yixing is actually a very quiet person but he is actually quite nice. He tries hard to talk in Korean when I have a hard time explaining or asking him in Chinese and I admire his effort. He told me that his family moved in Korea last year since his father is an officer of Huwawei Cellphone brand. The brand expanded their business and placed some of their products in Korea and his father is the head of the project. He had to take home school last year since he could not finish the school year in China and it would be hard for him to adjust quickly to a new school. He also had Korean Classes above his home schooling.

                We started getting close with each other since we spend a lot of time together and I also teach him Korean. Sometimes we eat together and his chauffeur drives me to my house or my Part-time job. He also gives me small  presents as a token of his gratitude.

 

Rosè's POV

I am a person who prefers to shop at the last minute. Its not that I am careless... I just want to enjoy my summer. I always tell my self to buy that I will buy things for school but I tend to forget.

 

Shopping with Joohyun is fun she finds good clothes that are not quite expensive. But sometimes she gets too thrifty to the point that even if its not expensive she would prefer not to buy it.

 

When I entered the classroom I can't hide my happiness. I am in the same class with Baekhyun, Sehun and Minseok. But my favorite fact is that I can spend the whole school year with Baekhyun. That means he can fall for me if I try hard.

 

Kim Junmyeon or as I call him Mr. Pres is also here. I can feel Joohyun's dismay when she saw him. He acts too boastful and sees Joohyun as his rival and his hindrance being in first place. But I am too busy to admire Baekhyun so just let Joohyun solve her own problem...that's the kind of friend I am