Chapter 10

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

Every year for PE we go out for hiking and camping to experience nature. We go to countrysides or remote places because it gives a different ambiance rather than staying in Seoul and only see high-rise buildings. Being able to experience that is my favorite part of the school year.

 

I waited for Rosè outside her hotel early in the morning. She was not feeling well yesterday. Every year she gets extreme colds before winter comes. And I guess it's that time of the year. I told her not to come since she would have a hard time doing activities if her colds interfere but she insisted. Good thing I always bring emergency medicines because a few years ago she also got sick and we did not have anything. So I decided that every time we go out of town I bring that emergency kit.

 

We boarded inside the bus. I made her sit on the window side so that she could rest her head and sleep more. When we arrived at the countryside we made the tent and after fixing the belongings we all went for hiking. I told Rosè to just stay in the tent because she does not look well.

 

Since Yixing was in China because he needs to attend an important event, I walked with Jongdae,Minseok, Jongin and Kyungsoo.  But since they were too slow so I just walked ahead. I was now behind Junmyeon who led the classmates where to go.

 

Junmyeon's phone rang. Baekhyun called Junmyeon when I heard they were talking about Rosè I rushed near Junmyeon because I thought something happened to Rosè. Because I ran without looking, I almost fell! The road was very slippery because it rained yesterday. Good thing Junmyeon  had very quick hands and caught me. If it was not not for him, I could have died early. "Yah! Aren't you going to be careful?! You almost fell?!" He said. I did not care I wanted to know what happened to Rosè so I asked him.

 

According to Baekhyun he left something on the camp site and he saw Rosè very cold. When he checked her she was burning with fever. "Baekhyun, can you see a red pouch there with 'emergency' embroidered at the front? If you can see that get the fever medicine and give it to her." I said. I was relieved that I brought that pouch. 

 

"Yah talk slower he might not understand you" Junmyeon said. I did not realize I was talking fast. I tried to catch my breath and make my self calm then I continued "There is also a towel there. Get it and pour cold water to make her temperature down."

 

I was very thankful that Baekhyun was there. If not, something might happen to her. When I continued to walk I felt something painful. I did not realize my foot was swollen because I almost fell and twisted my ankle. I had a hard time walking. Junmyeon noticed that and stopped walking and brought out a big first aid kit. "Aren't you going to treat that?" Even before I answered him he made me sit down and placed a bandage. "You're lucky I am the president I am always prepared for anything." There he goes again bluffing again. "You know you need to change your shoes it has a lot of scratches and eventually there will be holes." Junmyeon noticed my shoes. These are actually the shoes I use for working in part time jobs that's why it's like that.

 

Junmyeon POV

Baekhyun called me because he would not be joining the team because he saw Rosè. When Joohyun heard that she rushed to me and almost fell. All she cared about was her best friend and not her twisted ankle.

 

Good thing as a president, my job was to carry the first aid kit. Her foot was very swollen. How can she continue with the activities. I blame her shoes too.