MISSION 29

The Chaser

The three arrived at the Paradise Villa.

“Where would she keep your sister?” Mingyu asked Yoongi as they walked to the reception. No one can be seen anywhere. “Correction. It’s ‘they’. Who do you think she works with? Jooyoung, remember?” Yoongi looked around. “They have a warehouse nearby”

The three was catching up their breath when someone seized them from behind.

* * *

Dahyun regained her conscious. She was tied to a chair. She lifted her head and looked around. She was in a large dark hall. The hall was lighted by spotlights but most of them had blew out. She could smell the rusting iron and damp wood of the hall floor. “Where am I?”

Footstep could be heard. Dahyun squinted her eyes to the dark spots, trying to find any moving figure. “Who is that?”

A gentleman stepped in front of her with a bright smile. “You’re awake? Hi, my name is Kim Jooyung. Dahyun, is it?”

Dahyun nodded. “How do you know my name? What’s going on? What is this place? What do you want from me? I have no money to give you”

“Shh” Jooyoung had his finger to his lips, telling her to quiet down. “I don’t want any money from you, miss. Don’t worry”

“That’s a relieve. I don’t even have money to eat myself” she chuckled. “Yah!” he suddenly went furious. “You think this is a joke?! You’re just as clueless as your brother!”

“How do you know my brother, ahjusshi?” she narrowed her eyes. “What did my brother get himself into now?”

“You don’t know about it, isn’t it?” Jooyung stood again. He walked around her. “Your brother pokes his nose into my business! That’s what happen! And that really annoy me! So” he grabbed her hair that made Dahyun shouted in pain. “I’m going to make him pay by making you suffer!”

“Let me go!” she shouted. Jooyoung released her and kicked the chair that she fell onto the floor. Dahyun began to wail. He walked a tad far from her and the switch. He lifted his head with a smile as he watched the drug lab before him. “My men will continue their work here. So I hand you over to them”

* * *

Yoongi opened his eyes. He was lying in the dark. He tried to move but his arms and legs were tied. He struggled to push himself off the cold floor. He sighed “This is useless!” he whispered. His eyes landed on the figure in front of him. He tried to kick the figure next to the wall. The figure moved but only a bit. A groaned escaped from the person’s lips. And it was a male’s voice.

“Hey” Yoongi tried to call. “You okay?”

“Who’s there?” the voice replied. “You okay, mate? You sound sick” “They beat me” “Who?” “The cleaner guy” “Who are you?”

“Yoongi?” Boram’s voice could be heard. Yoongi turned the other side and she met Boram’s figure in front of him. “Boram-ah, you okay?”

“Yes” she tried to move but she was tied too. “Damn it! They tied us!”

“Shh. Quiet down” “Nae nae”

“Who’s there?” the unknown male asked weakly.

“I’m Yoongi and this is Officer Park Boram” Yoongi answered. “Officer? That’s a relive” his voice tone turned happier. “I’m Kim Taeyoung”

“You’re Kim Taeyoung of SMART Agency?” Boram asked. “Yes, I am” he sighed in relieve. “I’m so happy someone is here to rescue me. I’m stuck in this villa for days”

“Apparently all of us here need to be rescue, Taeyoung-ssi” Yoongi smirked. “What happen? Did they hurt you too?” “Kind of”

“What’s the commotion?” Mingyu’s voice could be heard. “Mingyu-ah” Boram called. “You okay?” “Yea”

“Where are you?” Yoongi asked. “Wait. I can feel someone’s feet” Mingyu tried to reach from his hands tied to the back. “Those are my feet” Boram stated. “Owh, sorry”

“Where are we actually, Taeyoung-ssi?” Yoongi asked. “I’m not sure. I think maybe in a small room. I had moved around the room for the past few days”

“They never come here?” Mingyu asked. “No. But maybe this time they’ll come since this room have many people now” “You’re right”

“We have to get out from here” Yoongi demanded. “I need to look for Dahyun”

“You’re right” Boram tried to release her hands. “But maybe you forgot that we’re tied”

“Damn” he swore under his breath.

They were silent for a moment.

“Mingyu you can reach my feet, right?” Boram asked. “Yes. Why?” “I have something in my shoes. Can you take it for me?” “Yea sure” “Be careful”

“What is it that you keep in your shoes?” Taeyoung asked.

“You seriously keep this in your shoes this whole time?!” Mingyu amused as he was holding the item. “What is it?” Yoongi asked. “A knife” Mingyu answered.

“You are one dangerous girl” Yoongi said to Boram. “Now you know how scary I am” she smirked. “Anyway, remember. You owe me explanation after we get out from here”

“Explanation?” “Yes” “About what?”

“You’re went out with Somi, you jerk” Mingyu intruded. “Yah, you shouldn’t blurt out something private about someone’s life like that. I can tell her myself”

Boram rolled her eyes. “Yah, can you two just stop?”

Mingyu smacked Yoongi on his head. “Yah” Yoongi hissed. Mingyu chuckled as he cut the rope that tied the others. Boram searched her pocket. “They took our phone” She turned the watch and the light on it . She directed around the room to look for the door. “There”

“You seems prepared” Taeyoung voiced. “Are you waiting for a thing like this to happen?”

“Nah” Boram chuckled and turned to Taeyoung. “Oh, Taeyoung-ssi. You’re good looking”

Taeyoung smiled sheepishly. “I heard that a lot”

Yoongi rolled his eyes in annoyance as she pulled Boram away. “Let’s get out from here” he opened the door to reveal two muscular men staring at them. “!” Yoongi pushed Boram inside the room as he started to fight with the guys. Mingyu pulled Boram into the room when she tried to join Yoongi. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Helping him of course” “No. You stay here with Taeyoung-ssi. I go out there” Mingyu joined Yoongi.

Boram sighed. “I hope they’re fine” She turned to Taeyoung. “You okay, Taeyoung-ssi?” her eyes landed on the wounds on his face. “I’m okay. Just a few bruises” he pushed his bang aside to reveal a bruise on his forehead. She automatically touched it and he winched. “It must be hurt so much” she sighed. “Nah I’m okay”

Yoongi came back into the room to call her. “Yah, Park Boram!” The two lifted their head to him. Yoongi pulled her away and gave Taeyoung a glare. “She’s my girl. So stay away”

“Don’t say that to him” she glared Yoongi back. Taeyoung smiled. “Nae”

"Let’s go” Mingyu called them. Yoongi took her with him and left Taeyoung. He just smiled and followed them.

 

The four of them peeked from behind the wall. They directed their view to the hall. Yoongi saw two familiar people under one of the spotlight.

“Dahyun!” Yoongi dashed towards his sister. Both Jungkook and Dahyun lifted their head to Yoongi. “Oppa” Dahyun blinked back tears. “Hyung” Jungkook flashed a grateful smile. Yoongi pulled both of them into a hug “I’m so worried of you two”

The other three approached them.

“You two okay?” Boram asked Jungkook. “Your face” she touched his beaten up face. “I’m okay, noona” he mustered a smile from his bleeding lips.

“Let’s get out from here” Mingyu suggested. “Yea let’s go” Yoongi took Dahyun’s hand after he released her.

“Not so fast there” a voice called. They looked around. “Jooyoung” the name sounds like curse under Yoongi’s breath.

Taeyoung suddenly fell onto the floor as he was knocked from behind. Boram gasped. The hall was suddenly lighted brighter when more spotlights were . The four of them couldn’t make any move when they realised they were surrounded by Jooyoung’s men. Jooyoung cleared his throat that made they turned to face him. “I want to welcome all of you to Paradise Villa”

“I don’t think there is no need for that” Jungkook flexed his hands, ready to get into an ugly fight.

“Somi-yah” both Mingyu and Boram called as Somi walked beside Jooyoung. A blade was in her grip. “Hi, guys” Somi waved at them with a sweet smile.

“It’s all thanks to my Somi” Jooyoung slung his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. “I get to continue my research here”

“Research?” Yoongi chuckled. “My . You’re just creating fatal drug, stupid”

“Yoongi~” Somi called him sweetly. Dahyun rolled her eyes “How can you even listen to girls calling you like that, oppa?”

“Have you tell Boram about our relationship, Yoongi?” Somi stopped in front of Yoongi. Yoongi pulled Dahyun behind him. “That was in the past”

“I already know about it” Boram narrowed her eyes at Yoongi. “You know what, Somi. He never changes. Always have girls around him”

Yoongi glanced at her. “Let’s just discuss about this later, okay?”

“If you manage to get out of here alive” Jooyoung interrupted. “We will” Mingyu glared at him. “You sure, officer? Because I don’t think I want to let someone who is a treat to me go easily”

“Jooyoung, your business is with me. Let them go” Yoongi replied. “Oh” Jooyoung chuckled. “Now you’re trying to be heroic, mate? Criminal who act like cops. Yah, know your place, kid”

“Look” he spread his arm to the drug lab. “This is where I create miracle! But you know what all of you did? You destroyed my creation! And now I have to move far from here just because you cops budge into my business!” he moved to one of the tables that was full of lab apparatus. “But before I move this lab away, I want to tell you something important. You should be lucky to meet a genius like me” He picked up one of the test tube that contain a pink liquid. “Because I have created a new type of drug” He took two syringes and the liquid. “But unfortunately, I haven’t test it yet” He did the same with another test tube that contain a green liquid. “So looks like I have many lab rats today”

"Owh I almost forgot! We have another lab rat!" Jooyoung looked to his side. "Hani!"
 

"Honey?" Mingyu asked. In fact, all of them were bewildered. "Jooyoung oppa" Somi pouted. "I told you not to call him that! Here is your 'Honey'" she pointed to herself. "I'm your 'Honey'"
Jooyoung chuckled "Nae nae. Mian. It just that I used to call him that"

 

Footsteps echoed as it approached them. Another male was thrown in front of them that made everyone gasped especially Boram. "Moonbin-ah!"

Jooyoung pulled Moonbin's hair forcing him to lift his head. Bruises can be seen on every inch of his face. "Introducing-wait" Jooyoung laughed. "I dont think this top star need to be introduce"


"Boram-ah, look!" Somi shoved her phone to Boram's face. She slid through the screen that showed her selfie with Moonbin and there was surely not a glimpse of smile on his face. "I got to take hundreds of selca with my Moonbin"

"Nae good for you" Boram faked a smile. "I don’t understand how you can even smile when you are hurting the person you adore so much. I don’t know you now, Somi. You changed into someone worse"

There was a slap across her face. Mingyu utterly shocked that his mouth agape. "Somi"

Boram blew her bang away. She gave Somi a death glare.

“Want to get me?” Somi sneered. “Come on! You think I’m scared because you’re a cop?!”

“Somi, please” Jooyoung chuckled. “Just ignore that tiny cop. She’s not worst of even a light punch”

“You!” Boram was about to charge to him but Somi pushed her that she fell onto the floor.

“Why are you doing this, Somi?” Mingyu helped Boram to stand. “We’re friends. How could you do this?!”

“Friends, my ” Somi rolled her eyes with an annoying smirk. “We ‘were’. It’s not even worth to hang out with bunch of jerks like you”

Mingyu and Boram glared as she walked to Moonbin.

“Besides, you should be grateful to me, Boram. Or you wouldn’t know this guy” she nudged his head. “What do you mean?” Boram uttered. “Park Woojin” Somi stated. “That name sounds familiar, right? Yea of course. That’s your cousin. He’s a scaredy-cat, you know. When I go to see him and ask him nicely to bring you to Jooyoung, he wouldn't listen to me. But when I threaten him with ASTRO members, he had no choice but to contact you to ‘protect’ the members”

“It was you all along” Boram clenched a tight fist. “You mess up with wrong person, Somi”

“And to keep your hands clean, you use Hyukjae” Yoongi said. “And you even threaten him using his family”

“You’re a genius!” Somi applauded. “Alright now guess this last question” she took out a knife and played with it between her finger. “Who kill him and his family?”

“You” Boram answered. “You killed everyone. Using that knife that I gave you”

Yoongi turned to Boram. “You gave her that knife?” Boram nodded. Tears started to flow down her cheeks. “I thought I have seen the shape of the wound somewhere before” she raised her sleeve. A scar with the same shape as the wound on the Hyukjae was on her arm. “I played with the knife when I was a kid. From that day I’m so scare to use it but I know it can help protect myself from dangerous people. But instead, I gave it to you, Somi. Hoping that you’re always safe from dangerous people. But” she sighed. “Looks like I give it to the wrong person”

Donghan put another box down next to the other boxes near them. “All set, hyung”

“Alright then. Packing up nowadays had been faster after we turn to drug rather than the weapon” Jooyoung clapped his hand to get everyone’s attention. “We’re done packing. So get ready to move”

“And for all of you” Jooyoung turned to them again. “You’ll be witnessing my first test on my new created drug” he took the syringe with pink liquid and approached Moonbin. “NO!” Boram lunged to Jooyoung and pinned him down. “Donghan!” Jooyoung shouted as Donghan lifted Boram easily off him. Yoongi charged towards them but Somi quickly kicked him that he fell.

Jooyoung raised his hand holding that syringe. Moonbin squinted his eyes, anticipating the next eerie event to take place. The syringe buried into the skin and the liquid flowed into it. Jooyoung stepped back in disbelief. All of them stared at them in disbelieve. Boram wailed a person’s name. Mingyu looked up and gave her a weak smile before fell onto the floor.

“Yah!” Dahyun kicked Somi away in anger that Somi fell to the side. Dahyun charged towards Boram to help her. But Jooyoung caught her. “Let me go!” Dahyun shrieked.

“Yah, let her go! Or you’re dead!” Jungkook held out his fists. “Dahyun-ah” Yoongi stood again. Boram was struggling with Donghan on top of her. “I fail to kill you once” he smirked. “But not this time”

“Don’t come closer!” Jooyoung warned as his hand reached for another syringe with green liquid. He glanced at it “Aish this is the antidote” he grabbed the other syringe with pink liquid and aimed at her neck. “I’ll shoot her with this”

“Let my sister go” Yoongi voiced. “Please. She…They have nothing to do with this”

“Owh you must be love your sister a lot. That’s cute” Jooyoung jeered. “But I’m afraid this the last time you can meet”

Yoongi flopped onto his knees. “Please” his head was facing the floor. “Let my sister free. Let all of them go away safely”

“Oppa” Dahyun was sobbing.

Jooyoung smirked. “You ask me to spare for you sister? Think again, you punk! You betray on me! Look at everyone who betrayed me! All of them suffered to death! And I want you to face the same thing!” he injected the liquid to her neck. “Yah!” Yoongi kicked him on his chest that Dahyun fell onto the floor. “Dahyun” Jungkook went to her who was groaning in pain. Her veins on her neck and face can be seen.

“Hyung, hang on” Moonbin was holding onto Mingyu’s hand who was agonizing in pain.

Boram knocked her head to Donghan so hard that his lips bleed. Donghan grinded his teeth and held onto her harder onto the floor. Boram tried to push him off. Her sleeves ripped from his grip. “You think you can beat me?” he sneered. “You too small I can easily crush you”

“What did you call me?!” Boram was furious. She kicked him to the side. She lunged to the desk that have the syringe with green liquid. *The antidote!*

Somi saw her and lunged for the same thing. Somi took the syringe and smirked. “It’s mine” Boram grinded her teeth in anger. She climbed the desk and pulled her hair. Somi shouted in pain. “Donghan!” she threw the syringe to Donghan. “Yah!” Jungkook dashed to Donghan and kicked him. The syringe fell onto the floor. A hand gripped on it. Yoongi looked up. Jooyoung had pin him onto the floor but his eyes widened. Yoongi smirked. “Looks like you lost” he kicked him in the face and kept the antidote into his pocket.

The doors of the hall were suddenly kicked open, allowing the evening light to enter the hall. The sound made everyone present in there turned. Shadows of men fell onto the floor as the men made their way into the hall. A small group of the men approached them. Moonbin smirked.

“Oppa” Somi turned to Jooyoung in panic. Jooyoung gulped.

“Kim Jooyoung” Dongseok called. His voice was enough to make everyone scuttled in fear.

“Hyung” Jooyoung knelt before him. “What bring you here? I’m not expecting your presence. My men should greet you properly”

“No” Dongseok crossed his arm. His men surrounded Jooyoung. “I don’t think I deserve your respect anymore” Dongseok bent over to him. “And I don’t think you deserve my respect too”

“Hyung?”

“Told you you messed with the wrong person” Boram said to herself with a smirk.

Dongseok approached Moonbin and helped him to stand. “You okay?” “Nae” Moonbin faked a smile. He flopped down again. “Aigo-yah” Dongseok turned to his men. “Bring to him to the hospital this instance”

His men started to move. Dongseok turned to Jooyoung again. “Wait” Jooyoung had his eyebrows furrowed. “I don’t get it. You know him?”

“That kid” Dongseok pointed to Moonbin. “Is my nephew, you idiot!”

“What?” Jooyoung whispered in disbelieve as he knew he was playing with fire. “Miss Officer” Dongseok turned to Boram who was with Mingyu. “Your team is on their way. But we decided to get here first because” he turned to Jooyoung. “I want to end his life myself”

With that, the men started to fight. Yoongi went to her sister who was beside Mingyu. “The antidote” Boram turned to Yoongi. Yoongi took it out “But there is only one of it”

Boram snorted and went to the desk again. She looked around for the green liquid. Most of the test tube there was spilled. “Please let there be more of it” she noticed another broken test tube on the floor. There was a green residue on it. “It can’t be!”

“Yah” Mingyu grabbed Yoongi’s hand. “Use it for your sister”

“Don’t talk rubbish” Yoongi replied.

Boram ran to them again. “The antidote spilled. But we only have one”

Dahyun held onto Yoongi’s hand tighter. “Dahyun-ah” Yoongi bit his lips, stopping his tears from dropping. It hurt him to see her in pain.

“Mingyu-yah” Boram held onto Mingyu’s hand. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Yoongi looked at Mingyu and Dahyun one after another. Mingyu grinded his teeth, holding on to the pain. “Yah, Yoongi” Mingyu called. “I don’t need it. Just use it for your sister”

“But” Yoongi’s hand trembled. He was confused. He looked up to Boram. “Dahyun needs it” she said between her sob. “But he’s your best friend. You can’t lose another best friend”

Mingyu struggled to sit. He grabbed the syringe and pierced it to Dahyun’s arm. They turned to Mingyu as he flopped down again. Boram caught him. “Mingyu-yah” she wailed as her tears fell onto his face. Mingyu mustered a smile and wiped her tears. “I’m sorry”

“No! You have to survive! Mingyu-yah!” Boram demanded. Her mind went back to the times when the three of them hang out together, how Mingyu and her always got into small fights and their plans of going to vacation together. The memories tore her heart. “Don’t leave me”

Mingyu lifted his head to meet eyes with Yoongi. “Take care of her” Yoongi squeezed his shoulder and looked down, unable to face him.

Mingyu’s hand dropped onto the floor. “Mingyu-ah!” Boram hugged his lifeless body tightly. Her shoulder shuddered as she sobs harder. Yoongi patted her back. Dahyun was able to breath normally. She looked up to Jungkook and gave him a faint smile.

Boram pushed Mingyu’s hair aside and stared at every inch of his pale face. Yoongi looked up as the police finally arrived. “Yah” Boram whispered to Mingyu with a small smile. “You leave me too early. I want to tell you something though” she sighed and wiped her tears. She held onto his hand. “Thank you so much for being my friend all these years, helping me every time. I’m sorry for causing you so much trouble. I just hope that you’re happy now that you don’t have to stay with me anymore” she chuckled but tears flowed down her cheeks. “Rest well, Mingyu-yah”