MISSION 15

The Chaser

 

“What happen?” her eyes widened. She tried to recall what had happened. She remembered she ed his shirt. Boram shouted. “What?! Wait! Don’t tell me- Nothing happen right? But he said- Otoke!”

 

Yoongi smirked at remembering his text he sent this morning for Boram. Dahyun saw her brother.

“Something good happen, I guess” “Nah not really” he replied and continued to hang the laundry while Dahyun was helping him.

His phone rang and he quickly answered it. “Hello~” he moved a bit away from his sister.

“Yah, Yoongi! Tell me what happen?” Boram voiced. “You mean about us?” he smirked. “We did… you know” “What? Sleep together?” “Don’t even say it” “Don’t you remember last night? You’re the one who-” “Yoongi, I didn’t remember everything from last night. Tell me the truth” “You want to know?” “Yes” “Really really?” “Yoongi!”

He laughed. He was enjoying teasing her.

“We didn’t. Don’t worry. We didn’t do anything inappropriate”

Boram sighed in relieve. “Thank goodness”

“You’re happy with that?” he rolled his eyes. “You know if I’m not in my right mind last night, we would already-“

“Don’t wanna hear. Bye” Boram ended the call. Yoongi chuckled “This feisty girl”

* * *

“So we able to get our hand on the last set of Jooyoung’s weapon last night” Chief Jung announced to the officers present in the room. He turned to Mingyu. “All thanks to Officer Kim and Officer Park. Give them a round of applause”

Mingyu bowed with smile.

 

 

“Officer Kim” Chief Jung who was at the hallway called him over. “Yes, sir” Mingyu joined him at the bench.

“I have something for you to look into. It’s really important. And I don’t want anyone to know about it” “Of course, sir” “Especially Officer Park”

Mingyu lifted his head and stared at him in disbelief. “Boram?” he whispered to himself.

“You see” Chief Jung started. “It’s about Min Yoongi”

* * *

Yoongi looked from out of a restaurant. Dahyun was hanging out with Jungkook. Yoongi clenched a fist. *These kids. I told them not to see each other* Jungkook curled a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“What you looking at?” Boram who stood behind him asked. “Just stalking on my sister” Yoongi casually answered. His eyes widened and pulled Boram to hide. He peeked on them again.

“What are you doing here?” he turned to Boram. “Just walking around since I have my leave today. I want to meet my friend” she answered. “Yah, don’t tell me you’re still against their relationship after all these years?”

Yoongi turned to her and gave her a look.

“What? Did I say anything wrong?” she asked. He rolled his eyes. “I don’t know. I just don’t like seeing them together”

“You’re afraid she might end up like your father and her mother, right?”

Yoongi once again turned to her.

-Flashback-

The 2-year-old Dahyun was playing with her doll on their play room. She lifted her as she heard a noise. “Oppa, what’s that sound?”

Yoongi who was 6-years-old rushed to her and covered her ears. He glared at the room next door where his father and her mother were. “They should do it quietly”

“Do what, oppa?” Dahyun asked. “Nothing” he smiled. “Should we play outside instead?”

-End of flashback-

Yoongi smirked. “You can say that”

“But can’t you trust Kookie?” Boram asked. “He will not cheat on Dahyun”

“How can you be sure about it, Boram? Kookie might cheat on her and my step-sister might cheat on him too” “But that won’t happen if they love each other so much. Can’t you trust in them?”

He sighed.

“I know you have a hard time trusting other people” Boram voiced. “But look at Dahyun”

They lifted their head to Dahyun who was laughing at Jungkook’s joke.

“She looks happy with the guy she loves” Boram stated. “Isn’t that what you wanted? Her happiness”

 

“You just need to trust in them and hope for the best in the future” Boram voiced.

Yoongi glanced at Boram then sighed. “I’ll try”

“That’s good” Boram smiled and patted his back. “Now” she clings arm with him and pulled him to walk. “Let me treat you something nice. Since you helped us last night”

Yoongi stole a glance at their entwined arms. *Maybe I should just hope for the best for both of us too in the future*