MISSION 21

The Chaser

“You can handle him, right?” Boram asked Officer Yujin who was at the station. He looked at her from looking at Seungwoo in the interview room. “Yes sure” Officer Yujin nodded. “Thanks a lot” she patted him on his shoulder. Boram walked out of the room with Seungwoo glared at her. She rushed out the station that she bumped into someone. It was a lady.

“You okay?” Boram helped her to stand. “Yes” the young lady smiled.

“Wait” Boram paused and stared at her face. “You look familiar. You came to our station a few times before”

The lady smiled and nodded. “I did come here a lot before”

“You asked about a traffic accident from years ago, right?” “Yes” “Yerin is it?” “Yes I am” Yerin chuckled.

“She looks familiar” Jungkook narrowed his eyes to the person Boram was talking to. He got out from the car.

“So have you found what you’re looking for?” Boram asked. Yerin nodded with a smile.

“Yerin noona?” Jungkook appeared behind her.

“Kookie-yah” Yerin was overwhelm at the sight of him. Jungkook smiled and bowed.

“You know her, Kookie?” Boram asked. “Nae” he nodded.

“I first meet him when he broke into my house years ago” Yerin stated. “Yah, Kookie!” Boram’s eyes widened. “You did what?!”

Jungkook smiled sheepishly. “It was years ago, noona”

“I’m sure he’s a rascal” Boram glanced at Yerin. “Yes he is” Yerin chuckled.

 

“I take my leave then” Yerin bowed. “You’re taking the bus home?” Jungkook asked. “No. I walk home with Tae”

“Owh I almost forgot about your husband” Jungkook teased. “Yah” Yerin punched him lightly on his shoulder.

“See you later” Yerin bowed again. “Nae. Be careful” Boram bowed and so did Jungkook. “See you later, noona” he waved at her as Yerin walked away from them.

Boram turned to Jungkook. She crossed her arms up to her chest. “You owe me an explaination, mister”

He smiled sheepishly. “Things happen, noona”

* * *

Boram looked at the person who was enjoying their meal across her at the restaurant. Many people, mainly young girls had their eyes on the person and some of them even took pictures of him.

“Are you okay with this, you two?” she still holding onto the cutlery. “No big deal” Moonbin lifted his head and glanced at his fans. He smiled to them.

“Since we met, isn’t it nice to have lunch together, noona?” Sanha sipped on the drink. He was still in his school uniform. “Anyway, who are you waiting for in front of my school just now?”

“No one” she continued to eat. “You’re waiting for your younger sibling?” he asked. “No I’m the sole child”

“Or is it someone special?” Moonbin smirked. “What?” she chuckled. “No way. I like older boys for your information”

“Aish! We don’t have a chance then” Sanha smiled.

“Wait, I don’t think you’re waiting for anyone” Moonbin leaned in and whispered. “I saw you watching at someone who picked up his sister”

“Really, noona?” Sanha was surprised.

Boram bit her lips and looked away as she was caught. “You have sharp eyes, right?”

“Owh!” the boys cheered. “So I’m right!” Moonbin clapped his hands. “You have a crush on him?”

“No. It’s not that” she smiled. “I want to talk to him but I’m afraid he might be still mad at me”

“Why? Did you do something bad to him?” Moonbin asked. “Kind of” she smiled coyly.

“Alright” Sanha clapped his hand. “The next time we see him; we’ll make sure to tell him your feeling”

“No!” Boram shrieked. Her face already turned red. Moonbin and Sanha laughed and high-fived each other.

 

Sanha excused himseld and went to the toilet for a while.

“Moonbin-ah” Boram lifted her head. “Nae?” he still sipped on the cold cola with his eyes went out the window. “I met your uncle the other day” “Which uncle?” “Dongseok-ssi”

Moonbin turned to her. “Why did you met him?”

“I need his help the other day so I went to meet him” “At the club?” he looked out the window again. Her eyes widened “You know about him?”

“I found about it myself. No one tells me about his other ‘work’. That’s a family secret” “I’ll make sure not to mention about it to anyone”

“How’s him?” Moonbin turned to her. “He’s fine. And he’s a nice person” He smirked “You must be scared the first time you saw him, right Boram-ssi?” “You bet” “Me too. But his character doesn’t suit his face at all” “You’re right. He’s a caring father, right? He talked about you too the other day I met him” “My dad must have told him about our group. You know, if Uncle Dongseok might know anything about it”