MISSION 26

The Chaser

Mingyu knocked on the door of the mayor's office. He turned the knob and made his way into the spacious room. A guy was immersed in his paperwork at the sole desk in the room.
 

"Mr. mayor?" he greeted. The guy lifted his view and flashed a bright smile. "Good morning, Mr. Officer" he shook his hand. "Come" he held out his hand to the sofa set near the window. "Let us talk there" "Thank you"
 

The two settled at the sofa. Tea was served.
 

"I'm Officer Kim Mingyu from Cepheus Station" Mingyu introduced himself. "Oh, right. I should give information about the blackmailer again" Mayor Junhong replied.
 

"I'm sorry for interrupting you about the same subject" "No it's okay" "Well Officer Sejong came the other day and she said you talked to her. So I'm just here to ask you about the gun shot attack the other day"
 

"One of your officer was shot, right?" "Yes. And she's my best friend" "How's she? I'm sorry I couldn’t pay her a visit. Everyone just worry that there might be another attempt to kill" "It's okay I understand, sir. About the officer, she's still unconscious"

Mingyu gave him a short sketch of what Boram had witnessed.

 

"So the bullet was sent to the lab and the fingerprint there had been identified" Mingyu stated. "The person who shot you is Kim Donghan"


Mayor Junhong sipped on the tea and looked away.
"Does that name ring a bell, sir?" "No absolutely" Mayor Junhong cleared his throat.

 

"But" Mingyu showed him the tab that display a CCTV picture of the mayor's office. Mayor Junhong was seen with two other males having a meeting in that same place. Mayor Junhong cleared his throat.
 

"In this picture was you and the males are Kim Donghan and Kim Jooyoung. Can you explain to me what are the meeting about?"
 

Mayor Junhong sighed "Jooyoung demanded for it"
 

"Sorry?" "He demanded for me to allow his new product to be sold in our country. He created a new perfume for both male and female. But I didn’t allow it. Not after I ask my people to investigate about the content of the perfume. It contains" "Drug" "Yes. And I know using it for a long time will kill someone and cause public to go insane" "Do you by any chance have the sample with you?" "Yes. You can ask for it from my people at the desk. They kept it somewhere safe"


"But after I decline his proposal, I had been blackmailed. And so I'm sure the blackmailer is Jooyoung" Mayor Junhong continued. "And the blackmailer already warned me not to talk about it to anyone but he said he's to kil me on the day of the ceremony, I made up my mind to inform the cops"


"You did an excellent choice, sir. We'll see what we can do about the case"

* * *



Yoongi lifted his head. He was sittng beside Boram's bed in the hospital. He remembered what Mingyu told him the other when he came for a visit.

Stop wasting your time with her. You think she even look at you? She clings onto you just to get information for the case.

Yoongi's eyes saddened. "Am I the only one who think our relationship deserve a second chance?"


"Is it true what Mingyu said?" he grabbed her hands. "Do you only come to me because of the case? You still disbelief in me? You still think I do bad things?"
 

Yoongi stared at Boram. He ran his finger to her cheeks. "It seems that this is the last time we see each other. Good bye, Park Boram" he let go off her hand.