MISSION 11

The Chaser

“So you’re a college student now?” Boram asked as she played with the waffle she ordered. “Nae” Jungkook flashed a smiled. “Thanks to you, I continue to study”

She chuckled. “That’s years ago”

-Flashback-

The freshman Jungkook looked around the wall of the school. His red school bag was in his grip. It was almost recess. He looked up to the wall. “No one will see if I jump from here right?”

“I will” Boram appeared from behind a building nearby. Her arms crossed to her chest. “You think you’ll do any good if you skip school? Believe me, it’s a scary world out there. You don’t want to jump out there while you’re still a kid, right?”

“Why do you care? Go away!”

Boram rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Why are you even here?!” he continued. “Or do you want to skip school too and I caught you?”

“Yah, kid. Look. I’m the one who caught you trying to escape school. I just on my way to my class okay? Anyway, just go back to your homeroom. If you have any trouble, just see the counsellor. They can help you”

“Shut it!” “I don’t think that’s the way to talk to your senior” she took a step towards him as she talked. “You sure are brave enough to down to me like that. Are you not afraid of your senior? I can bring all my friends if you talk down to me ever again”

Boram snatched his bag and slung it to her shoulder.

“Give me back!” he tried to take it back but she avoided him. She rolled her eyes again. “You’re one brave junior. You must not recognise me since you never join the Taekwondo team”

“Taekwondo team?” his voice wavered a tad. “Maybe you should try join our group, brave kid” she smirked.

Boram ped the bag and read the name and class on the notebook.

“Owh your class is just nearby” she zipped the bag again and lifted her head to him. She smirked and held out the bag to him. “Here, your bag”

Jungkook about to take it but she pulled it again. “You think it’s that easy?”

Boram dashed away with his bag and he had to chase her to his classroom.

-End of flashback-

“I guess I’m a scary person back then” Boram chuckled. “You bet” Jungkook replied. “So what about you, noona. What do you do now?”

“I work at Cepheus Station” “An officer?” he smirked. “Why am I not that surprised?”

“Yah, you’re mocking me, are you?”

Jungkook laughed.

“But I didn’t see you there the other day?” he said. “The other day?” she asked. “Wait. Why are you there again?”

“Oh” he scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

Mingyu made his way into the restaurant. “Boram” he approached him and his steps stopped as he saw Jungkook. His eyes widened at him. “You!” Jungkook smiled sheepishly at him.

“You know him, Mingyu?” Boram asked. “You know this kid, Boram?” Mingyu sat beside Boram. “Hi, officer” Jungkook waved at him. Mingyu narrowed his eyes to him.

“This is my junior” she answered. “Why? You two seems to know each other?” she looked at them after one another.

“You want me to tell her or you tell your beloved senior yourself?” Mingyu asked Jungkook. “No I can tell her” Jungkook eyes went to Boram. His pupil wavered in fear.

“What’s going on? Come on tell me” she looked at Jungkook. “But promise you’ll not kill me if I tell you” “Okay I promise” “The other day-“

“This kid was arrested for driving without licence” Mingyu blurted out. Jungkook shot his eyes to Mingyu. Mingyu crossed his arms to his chest and shrugged.

“You what?!” Boram shot up and grabbed his collar in anger. “Noona” Jungkook stuttered. “You brat! I told you not to cause trouble, did I!” “But I’m still young and I want to try something new”

She sighed and let him go. “This rascal” she whispered and turned to Mingyu. “So you settle with him that day?”

Mingyu nodded and pulled Boram’s waffle towards him. “I had to do my work, right?” he looked at Jungkook. “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood that day”

“Thank you again, officer” Jungkook smiled sheepishly. “If there is anything I can do for you, say it. You want anything to eat, tell me. I can treat you”

“No, Kookie” Boram said. “Just don’t do that kind of things again” her eyes went to Mingyu. “Thank you for taking care of my junior”

“No prob” Mingyu took a piece into his mouth. “Yah, mister. Who give you permission to eat my snack?” Boram snatched her plate again. Jungkook smiled at the two.

* * *

“Here” Mingyu who was now seating across Boram after Jungkook had left pushed a tab towards her. “We able to obtain this information from the victims’ banks”

Boram took the tab and looked at the words. It was the account information of the victims of the villa. “Looks like they had empty their account just before they die”

“Uhuh. And guess what? All the money was transferred to this person” he slid to the next page that show a familiar picture of male. “Hyukjae?!” she gasped. “How can he involve in this case too? He works for many people”

“An efficient person to work with I guess” “Yet he used all the money he got for his family?” she whispered to herself.

Mingyu saw the envelope. He took it and opened it. “What’s this?” he looked at the pictures.

  1. are wounds found on Hyukjae’s family. His mother and brother were killed not long after he was cremated. But the two case was filed as suicide because someone tried to hid it” “How do you know?” “I went to see Hyukjae’s mothers’ best friend last 2 days. And she told me what had happened” she gave him a short sketch of what had happened.

“The whole family was killed” Mingyu voiced. “By the same person” she continued. “But now, why and how can Hyukjae is related to both of the cases? It’s ridiculous”

* * *

Yoongi was walking into the park one evening after his sister had texted that she will be shopping with her friends for a while. He decided to wait for her at the park at the moment. He smiled alone. *It’s nice to know that she has friends*

He looked up to the slightly orange sky and enjoyed as the breeze brushed against his cheeks. Yoongi continued to walk through the pavement. His eyes went to figures sitting side by side on a nearby bench. *Wait!* his steps halted. He hid behind a tree and peeked on them.

Jungkook and Dahyun were sitting there, watching the sunset together. She rested her head on his shoulder with their hands entwined. They exchanged smiles.

*That brat! I told her not to see that kid ever again!* Yoongi grinded his teeth. He let out a breathe to calm himself.

Yoongi approached them and sat on the handle of the bench quietly. Dahyun and Jungkook who saw his figure from the corner of their eyes turned to Yoongi. Dahyun gasped “Oppa”

Jungkook stood. “Hyung”

Yoongi was still looking far ahead, ignoring them. “Oppa” Dahyun bit her lips. “I can explain”

“Dahyuni” Yoongi sighed. “I don’t know. Maybe for the hundredth times. I told you not to meet this guy”

“Hyung” Jungkook called. “I told you I’m not going to stop meeting Dahyun”

“Yah, don’t say anything” she pulled Jungkook’s hand. “No” Jungkook pulled his hand back. “Let’s settle this thing now” he turned to Yoongi. “Hyung, I’m not going to stop seeing Dahyun like you want. I love her”

“More than I love her?” Yoongi smirked. “No. I don’t mean that” Jungkook started to hesitate. “Hyung, I respect you as her brother. But I don’t think you have the right to stop her from falling in love”

Yoongi sighed. “I don’t know what more I can do to stop you two. I even take away my sister’s phone, guard the door at night and walk her to school and home. I don’t want you two to meet. Is it so hard to understand? Won’t you give up on my sister?”

“No I won’t” Jungkook replied. “I’m sorry but I guess you need to try harder to separate us”

“Oppa, stop it” Dahyun interrupted.

“Hyung, why are you so against our relationship? I didn’t hurt Dahyun, did I?”

“And how do you know you will not do that to her in the future?” Yoongi turned to Jungkook. “Tell me” he grabbed his collar. “Can you guarantee her happiness if I let you date her?”

Jungkook gulped. Dahyun looked at the two one after another. Yoongi smirked and let go off him.

“If you can’t answer that one simple question” Yoongi stood and grabbed Dahyun hand. “Think again about dating my sister”

He pulled her away.

“Jungkook oppa” Dahyun turned to Jungkook who couldn’t make any move. He watched as Yoongi dragged her away.

Yoongi snatched her phone from her grip and dropped it into a nearby trash bin.

“Oppa!” Dahyun yanked her arms back. Tears started to stream down her cheeks. “Why are you being cruel to us?! Why?!”

Yoongi turned to her. Dahyun looked down again. He knew she totally made him furious. “Why” Yoongi voiced. “I gave you everything, Dahyun. I allow you to do anything you want. But only that one simple request. Why can’t you listen to me? You think I do this for myself? It’s all for you, Dahyun. I don’t want things to happen again” he walked ahead and left her.