MISSION 16

The Chaser

“Boram” Mingyu called through the phone. “Nae, Mingyu-yah” Boram answered the call and glanced at Yoongi who sat across her. Yoongi stopped from eating and lifted his head to her.

“Where are you?” Mingyu asked. “I’m eating at the restaurant. Why? Do I need to be at the station now?” “No. Just enjoy your leave today. You’re alone?” “No. I’m eating with Yoongi”

Mingyu paused. *Yoongi again*

“You’re on date with your ex?” Mingyu jeered. “Yah, we’re just eating, okay? I thought WE should repay him for helping us last night. Don’t you agree, Kim Mingyu?” “Yea yea. Later I’ll thank him personally” “No need. I’ll put him on the line” “Yah, Boram no-“ Mingyu sighed.

Boram passed the phone to Yoongi. He looked at her in puzzlement. “It’s Mingyu”

“Hello?” Yoongi answered. “Yea no prob” he replied to Mingyu. Yoongi’s eyes shifted to Boram as he was listening to Mingyu. He hummed in reply and returned the phone.

“Hello, Mingyu” Boram talked but Mingyu already ended the call.

“What did he say?” Boram asked Yoongi. “Oh” Yoongi looked away. “Nothing he just thank me. That’s all”

“Oh, I see” she continued to eat.

Yoongi picked up the chopstick again and remembered what Mingyu just told him just now.

“You better not betray on us. Especially to Boram. And if you want to help us, better speak honestly. You wouldn’t know what I can do to your dearest step-sister”

*Looks like he doesn’t believe in me. Sadly, only Boram have faith me. Well, an offender always an offender to a police*

 

 

“Thank you for the meal. I’m heading home now” Yoongi stood. “Wait” Boram called. “If you’re free, want to hang out with us? I’m waiting for my friend. She’s on her way here”

“Your friend?” “Yes. I have friend who work near here” “Where exactly is her workplace?” “Her father owns the DX Company”

*DX Company?!* his eyes widened a tad.

“Sorry I have something coming up” Yoongi replied. “Maybe I’ll join you later”

“Oh, I see” Boram stood. “See you later then. And thank you for last night”

“No prob” he bit his lips and looked away. “Bye” he walked out of the restaurant.

Boram watched as he walked away. “What am I even thinking? Asking my ex out for a date?” she snorted and grabbed the glass. She drank the juice.

 

Yoongi looked at Boram from behind a wall. *Her friend is quite late* Boram was scrolling through her phone. Somi entered the restaurant and greeted Boram.

*Jeong Somi?!* his eyes widened. He covered his mouth with his hand. *It can’t be! But she’s-*

Boram got up and clings arm with Somi. The girls left the place with smile in their faces.

“Why?” Yoongi was walking passed rows of stores. His steps were heavy, and so did his thought. *It’s not making any sense! How can they both know each other?*

* * *

Boram looked at Mingyu who was driving beside her.

“What is it? I know you want to say something” Mingyu glanced at her. “Nothing” she ran her view out the window of the car.

“Boram, the other day you talked about our night at the club, you said the waiter own the firearms?” “Haneul said they are his. But I know the weapon are Jooyoung’s. I know he lied when he said he don’t remember from whom did he buy the weapon from”

“Team 02 had checked on it. They said Haneul obtained the weapon from Jooyoung a few weeks before we ambush the run-down factory with the other units” “Looks like Jooyoung hid some of his weapon well” “And the weapon with Haneul supposed to be sent out the other day at the jetty but Haneul hid it some for himself” “But it seems that he unable to sell the weapon to anyone yet. That’s a good thing there” “But I’m amazed” Mingyu smirked. “You can recognise the symbol Jooyoung used for all the weapon he owns”

Boram remembered Yoongi was holding the gun with the symbol the other day at the hotel room.

“I’ve seen it myself in front of me” “Oh the other officers never see the symbol with our own eyes. Just looking at the pictures taken”

“But it must be heart breaking for Jooyoung if he finds out all his alliance is caught and betray him one by one” Mingyu stated. “I wonder why”

“Like Yoongi” she answered.

Mingyu rolled his eyes at the name but she didn’t see it.

“What’s with him?” “He betray on Jooyoung because Jooyoung had ran out from their original purpose that is to distribute the weapon. But Jooyoung went to drug making. Some offender can still think rationally and choose to return to the right path” “But I don’t think it will that too easy”

Boram turned to him. “Why do you think so?”

“Someone who change will not change to good fully, right? They might do something bad too even it just a small offence”

*What do you mean?* she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Anyway, Team 04 still failed to track Jooyoung and his drug lab. I hope they get it soon then our work will be easier” Mingyu continued.

* * *

Boram got out the car after they had parked. She looked up to the signage that read ‘Paradise Villa’. She looked around. The other members of the unit arrived too.

“Isn’t it too quiet here?” Mingyu closed the car door. “The cost for a room here is too high” Boram wore her sling bag. “That’s why people seldom come here and only celebrities and rich people spend their times here”

“Or is it because this place is already haunted?” Mingyu smirked. “You know because of all the death case”

“Yah watch your mouth” Boram glared at him. She sighed.

“We should all look back around the villa. Since Soohyun’s case is not suicide like any other case before this” Chief Jung approached them. “Officer Park, I thought you will accept all the commercial offer. You know because you’re not the nation’s supergirl”

“No, sir. I know we have a huge case to solve so I will devote all my time for this case” Boram smiled. “That’s great then. Alright let’s go then. And Officer Kim, watch your mouth. We should respect the spirit who lives here” he left them.

“Tsk. Devote” Mingyu snickered Boram. “Yah, shut it, will ya?” she rolled her eyes.

* * *

The officers of Unit K entered the crime scene. They walked pass the police tape and entered the room the late Yun Soohyun once used. The body was found lying on the floor of the room. Boram went to the make-up table. The victim’s belongings were still on it. Officer Sejong had her eyes on the picture of the crime scene in the tab. She put the tab away and picked up the luminol spray on the floor. The luminol was sprayed around the room and traces of blood can be seen.

Boram went to the pantry.

*Something looks suspicious* she squinted her eyes and approached the teacup set. There was a trace of a blot of blood on an empty spot beside the teacup. But the blot of blood was only half of the whole droplet of blood. She took a picture of it with the tab. *Something must be here before this but it was removed. And why is there only a drop of blood here? Maybe the killer cleaned this place and removed something from here and he miss this one spot*

Mingyu was interrogating a cleaner guy out of the room. Boram approached them.

“Hello” she bowed at the guy with a smile. “Hello” the guy bowed back. “I’m Yun Kihyun”

“He’s the last person who Soohyun met before she was found dead” Mingyu explained. “And he cleaned the room that morning”

“Do you take anything out from this room when you’re cleaning?” she asked. “Beside rubbish, no” “Do you see anyone seeing Soohyun that day?” “No. Miss Soohyun had been in her room all day. She had been sick for a few days” “Sick?” “Yes. She caught cold and she asked for some medicine from the counter”

“I asked the lady at the counter and she said Soohyun did buy some medication for fever on that day” Mingyu stated.

“So I think Soohyun-ssi was in her room all day long at that day” Kihyun continued. “No one comes in or out”

“Alright, thank you for your time, sir” Mingyu said. “And we’re sorry for coming here and ask you questions again”

“No it’s okay. We can always help you. I take my leave then” Kihyun bowed and left them.

“Why did you ask him if he takes anything out the room? Is something missing?” Mingyu asked Boram. “No” she stared at a space. “Something just seems to be missing from its place” she showed him the picture she just took.