MISSION 17

The Chaser

Boram was back at her desk again. Her laptop was in front of her.

“Aren’t you going home?” Sejong came to her. “Oh, Sejong” Boram gave her a smile. “Nah maybe later”

“Alright. Don’t go home too late” she turned to Mingyu. “Mingyu, you take care of her”

“I always do that, do I?” he smirked with his hand still holding a few papers.

“See you guys tomorrow” Sejong waved. “Nae” Boram waved at her as she walked out the station.

Mingyu smiled and went back to the papers. “She’s such a sweetheart”

“Yah” Boram called him. “Nae” he didn’t look up. “You want me to set you up with Sejong?” Boram wringgled her eyebrow. Mingyu lifted his head and looked around. No one was in the room except both of them.

“What do you think? Interested?” she asked with a smirk. Mingyu smiled at her. “That’s the most bull thing I ever heard today”

Boram pouted and sank into her chair.

“You think I’m interested in her?” Mingyu glanced at her. “Yea and I thought I could help you” she replied. “Nah I’m just saying that because she’s nice with everyone” he replied.

“Mingyu, about the other day at the villa” she began. “Yes” “Something is weird with the cleaner guy” “Kihyun-ssi? What’s weird with him? He looks ordinary. And he have a strong alibi” “Oh, I see” “But what is it that bothering you?”

She stared into a space. “Nah never mind”

“You know about Jooyoung’s case. He’s is unable to be track. And so did a few men” “Who?”

Mingyu jerked his head to a few of wanted men poster behind him. “Lee Chaejin and Woo Sangsoo”

“The last time I saw them were at the run-down factory during the ambush” “And a few weeks after that they went missing. Their families unable to contact them. No one knows about their whereabouts”

She pressed her lips into thin line. “I wonder where they are”

“Don’t you think you can look for the answer?” Mingyu smirked. “I don’t like the look of that. What are you thinking?” “Min Yoongi. Ask him”

Boram sighed. “Really?”

“Oh yes” Mingyu smiled full of mischief. “You don’t expect me to ask him, do you? Like you said. He only talks to someone he knows. And the only person who knows him well is” he pointed to her. “You, miss Park Boram”

She sighed and sank into her chair once again. “Nae nae. I will go to him later”

She pouted and Mingyu chuckled at her. “Looks like you can’t run away from him, do you?” he continued to engross into the reports.

Boram nodded to herself and continued to stare at the picture she just took at the Paradise Villa.

*But this still disturb me. I wonder what were there before this* she moved the cursor and opened the pictures of the wounds found on the body of late Soohyun. She squinted her eyes. “Yah, Kim Mingyu. Come here”

“What is it?” he answered lazily. “Palli” “Nae nae” he pushed himself off the chair and approached her. “What is it?” he looked at the screen.

Boram lifted her phone that display the picture of wounds found Hyukjae’s body. “They looks identical, right?”

Mingyu looked at the wound one after another. “Looks the same to me. Yah” his eyes widened as he was excited. “We should tell everyone tomorrow!”

“Wait” she swiped to the next picture in her phone. It was the picture of wounds on Hyukjae’s family members.

“They’re the same!” Mingyu exclaimed. “But how-“ he whispered in confussion.

“It’s not making any sense. How can the two cases have related?” “The person who kill Hyukjae and his family killed Soohyun?” “Tell me about it” “The case is interesting now right?”

Boram continued to stare at the wound and noticed the pattern. She pointed to the wound found on Soohyun’s body.

“Look here” she pointed to the edge of the wound. “It look a bit dragging here. That means the murderer use more weight on the left side of the wound. Left-handed?”

“But here” Mingyu pointed to the wound on Hyukjae’s family. He pointed to the right side of the wound. “The weight seems to be more to the right. Right-handed? Different person?”

“No way. The wound looks the same. There’s no way different person does it by using the same weapon” “They can if they always meet each other?” “Now that’s the most bull thing I heard today” “Hey, that can be true. Don’t you think so?” “Why would two different person use just one tool to kill?” “They will if that was instructed to them” Mingyu lifted his head to the poster. She followed his gaze. *Don’t tell me-*