MISSION 14

The Chaser

                Boram drove the busy road one night.

-Flashback-

“Team 05” Chief Jung lifted his head to both Boram and Mingyu who sat at the back row. The officers were in the meeting room once again, discussing about Soohyun’s case. “Disguise to find someone who knows about the weapon”

“Yes, sir” Mingyu answered. “You two know who you can refer, right?” Chief Jung smiled.

-End of flashback-

“Boram, all okay?” Mingyu asked through the earpiece. Boram glanced at the rear view mirror. Her eyes were nicely shaded, not so heavy with make-up but just as sophisticating. Her blusher was just right and her red lips curled into a smile. “Or course I’m alright” she answered.

“You have the camera ready?” he asked.

                She glanced down to the brooch pinned to her red strapless top.

“Everything is set, Mingyu” she replied.

“Nice!” Mingyu went to his laptop in the station’s interview room. “You’re meeting him there?”

“Yes. He’s already waiting there” “Nae. Be careful, Boram” “Nae”

                She sped through the road.

 

                Yoongi glanced down at his watch then to the crowd who made their way into the night club. “Where’s she? She’s taking forever” he sighed. He fixed his black

“Yoongi”

                He turned to the voice and his jaw dropped.

 

                Boram was standing before her with a coy smile. She curled a strand of her hair behind her ear. She let her long hair fell over her shoulder. Her top was bright red and her tight pants was dark blue.

“Yoongi” she called and snapped him out from his thought. “Boram” he avoided her eyes. *She’s so hot!*

“Yah why would you wear that?” he pointed to her high heel. Boram looked down to her heels. “You don’t expect me to wear sneakers here, right?”

 “Anyway” he stole a glance at her and bit his lips. “Can you change your clothes? It’s too revealing”

“It is?” she smirked. “Well I might just get guys to look at me, right?”

“Yah, what are you talking about? Why would they look at you? They shouldn’t”

“Why?” she decreased their gap. “You’re scared someone might disturb me, are you?”

                He looked away. His heart was racing madly. “No. No way”

“Anyway” he cleared his throat. “You’re ready?”

“Nae” she nodded. “Let’s do this!”

“Alright. Let’s go” he started to walk. “Wait” she grabbed his arm and made he turned to face her.

                Boram fixed his collar. Yoongi held onto his breath. *She’s really driving me crazy!*

“Don’t you think you two should stop flirting each other now?” Mingyu asked in annoyance through the earpiece. Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Mind your own business, mate” he replied through the earpiece.

“Nae, ahjumma” Boram jeered Mingyu.

“You know it’s weird that I’m going out with Yoongi” Mingyu voiced to Boram. “I know” she chuckled.

“What did he say to you?” Yoongi asked her. “Nah nothing” she wouldn’t let he knew what Mingyu just told her.

“Let’s go” Boram walked into the night club with Yoongi following.

“I bet Boram is too breath taking that you stuttered” Mingyu told Yoongi. “Extremely” he smirked.

                Loud music filed the large dark hall with neon light shone the dance area. The crowd moved to the music. The two descend the stair and went into the crowd. Yoongi stayed close to Boram. She looked up to meet his eyes, which he quickly looked away.

“That guy you’re looking for is at the bar” he jerked his head to a waiter who was chatting with a customer. She followed his gaze. “You sure you can do this?” Yoongi asked. “Sure” she nodded.

“I’ll be staying around. If anything happens, I’ll come to you” Yoongi walked away.

                Boram locked her eyes to the waiter and approached the bar. The waiter saw Boram approaching him with a smile so he leaned to the counter. His eyes scanned her from up to down.

“Good day, miss” he greeted with a friendly smile as Boram took a sit. “What can I get you?”

 

                Yoongi lifted his view and peeked on her through the crowd. Boram was chatting and laughing with the waiter. *That Haneul sure like to flirt with anyone he just met* Yoongi snorted. *If it wouldn’t for Boram, I would kick his by now* Haneul leaned in and whispered to Boram on her ears. She chuckled. Yoongi rolled his eyes in annoyance. Haneul pushed a glass of fresh orange to her and Boram sipped on it as they chat.

*What are they talking about? That guy starts to get on my nerve* Yoongi clenched his fist.

                Haneul looked around and jerked his head to a direction. He started to move. Boram glanced back to look for Yoongi but failed to see him. She followed the waiter.

“Yoongi, now” Mingyu voiced through the earpiece. Yoongi followed the two into a hallway led to a quiet place. He hid behind the wall as the two turned into another corner. *Where is he taking her?* he peeked his head out to the corner only to see two fierce guy was glaring at him. Yoongi gulped. *Uh-oh*    

 

“Here, miss” Haneul directed her into a room. The two approached the living area. A case was placed on the table in the dim lighted room. Boram watched as the guy opened the case to reveal shining gun with various size. *That looks like Jooyoung’s* she saw the symbol Kim Jooyoung always used for his weapon.

“What tyoe do you look for miss?” Haneul asked. “Well” she ran her finger to one of the gun. “I’m not sure”

“Or should I ask you what do you want to use it for?” he smirked. “You see; I need to settle my problem with someone” “Or you want someone to settle it for you? We have someone wise in that field” “No I prefer to do it myself” she mustered a smile. She blinked her eyes a few times as she started to feel dizzy.

“Boram” Mingyu called through the earpiece. “Yoongi is-“

                Boram looked up to Haneul who already pulled the earpiece off her. He smirked. Her eyes widened in fear. He closed the case and approached her.

“Stay away!” she held out her hand, ready to get into an ugly fight. Boram struggled to stay stand. Her feet felt weak.

“Tell me, officer” Haneul called. “You think you can get us?” he approached her and grabbed her arm.

                Boram struggled to free herself from the grip but her head felt heavy. And so did her eyes. Boram lifted her head to Haneul before she fell unconscious in his arms. Haneul smirked and carried her bridal-style to the couch. Boram blinked her eyes a tad and looked around. She tried to get up but Haneul pushed her to lay on the couch. “Come on, miss officer. You’re not leaving just yet, right?”

                He grabbed onto her arms.

“Let me go!” she shouted.

                Haneul smirked and started to lean in. A loud blow landed on him and Haneul was sent onto the floor.

“Get up!” Yoongi pulled Boram to stand again. The brooch fell off her top. Her leg was weak and she could barely stand. Yoongi wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close. They escaped from the room and Yoongi closed the door. The block the door with a few couches nearby. Boram lifted her head to see two big muscular guys already collapsed onto the floor, beaten to pulp.

“You okay?” Yoongi glanced at her as they rushed through the hallway. She nodded weakly.

“Let me take you home. Where’s your car?” “Back”

                Yoongi pulled her closer as they walked into the crowd towards the back door. Boram opened her eyes a tad and looked up at him. He looked worried.

                Yoongi helped her to sit at the passenger seat and closed the door. He got on the driver seat and drove out the parking area. Yoongi dialled on Mingyu on her phone.

“Yah” Yoongi called. “You two, what happen?” Mingyu asked. “Wait how do you know her phone password?”

“She never change it. Anyway, I don’t know what he gave her but Boram couldn’t stay conscious. I’ll send her home. No worry” “Take care of her, alright?” “I know”

                Yoongi put away the phone and glanced at Boram. Her head fell to the side.

“Boram, you okay?” “Hm” she replied. “I think he put something in the drink. I felt light-headed”

“And you drink a lot of it. Man!” he rolled his eyes. “Let just get you home. You should rest”

“Nae. Thank you, Yoongi-yah” she glanced at him before closed her eyes.

 

                The car stopped in front of Boram’s house. Yoongi turned to Boram. He stared at her face who was asleep. He unfastened her seat belt. His eyes went to her red lips. He swallowed the saliva and quickly got out from the car. Yoongi slung her arm around his neck and helped her to get out from the car. Boram opened her eyes and whined. “Yah, Min Yoongi. Let me go” she tried to push him away. “Boram, what did he give you actually? Can’t you stay still?” he dragged her to the front door.

“You can guess what is it, right?” she smiled full of sneer. “Yah” he sighed. “Don’t tell me it’s the blue pill. They mixed it in your drink!”

She pressed the password and the door was opened. Boram flopped onto the floor. “I want to kick that guy !”

“Boram” Yoongi pulled her up and closed the door. “Why do you still drink it? Damn it” he dragged her into the living room. He let her sit on the couch. Yoongi helped to take off her shoes and put it at the door step.

                He went to the living room again but Boram was not there.

“Boram” he looked around the house in panic. He stopped in front of the wide open room. Boram was leaning against the bed. Her head buried to her knees.

“Yah” he called and knelt before her. “You okay?”

“Me? Okay?” she mumbled and lifted her head. She nodded with a smile. “I’m alright. Everything is just perfect! No worry!”

“You should get some rest then” he stood. Yoongi looked down to his hand. Boram was holding onto his hand. She got up and approached him. She locked eyes with him.

“Min Yoongi” she called.

                Yoongi fell onto the bed as she pushed him. “Boram-ah” he panicked and tried to get up.

                Boram pinned him down and smirked. Her hand went to his shirt and ed the first button.

“Yah” he grabbed her hand. “Boram, what’s wrong with you?”

“Stay with me, Yoongi”

                Yoongi reached to her neck and Boram fell onto him, unconscious. “I’m sorry. I had to do it” he whispered.

 

 

                Yoongi pulled the cover over her body. He sighed. “How can they even put that thing in the drink?!” He locked the door and left her house on foot.        

*          *          *

                Boram turned to the other side of her bed. Her eyes flattered open at the blinding sun. She sat up, looked around. She was still in her outfit from last night. “What happen? Where’s my phone?” she panicky grabbed her phone from her side. He read Mingyu message.

| Just rest for today. I told Chief Jung what had happen. And Yoongi had told me everything just now. Thank goodness he’s around|

“Wait! Yoongi!” she scrolled the phone to the other message and saw message from Yoongi.

| Thank you for last night|