MISSION 28

The Chaser

Mingyu was at his desk in the station. He sipped on the coffee as his eyes focused to the laptop screen. *Should I look into it or not? Maybe Yoongi just lying to us. How can Somi get herself involve with this case? How’s she relates? There’s no way-*

“Yah” Officer Inseong came to him. He was busy going through the papers in his hand. “You’re a genius. The tea does contain the yage”

“And the tea is made in that villa, right?” Mingyu turned to him. “They must have put the drug in the tea. But what advantage does that bring to them?”

“No idea” Officer Inseong shrugged and walked away.

Mingyu sighed and sank again into his seat. His eyes went to the screen that showed an old picture of a family in front of the villa. *That’s-* his eyes widened as it landed on a little girl at the end of the row of people. Mingyu sprang up and took his coat. He ran out the station. *The little girl is Somi. She grew up in that villa!*

* * *

“Ready?” Somi looked to Boram. “Nae” Boram held her hand and Somi helped her to stand.

“Alright. Let’s go” Somi took the bag. “Sorry for troubling you, Somi” Boram smiled at her as they headed to the door.

“Nah not a thing. I can always help my friend. How about eat something nice after we get out of here?” “Sounds nice. Your treat, right?” “Of course!” “Yay!” Boram cheered and almost stumble but Somi helped her to stand.

“Be careful” Somi smiled. Boram chuckled.

Boram held onto the door knob. A syringe was held out behind her neck.

* * *

“Come on. Pick up, Boram!” Mingyu got out from his car. He ran into the hospital. A person walked pass him with his face masked in shadow from the cap on his head. Mingyu ran to Boram’s room. She was already toppled onto the floor.

“Boram-ah!” he helped her to sit. Boram held onto her heavy head and winched.

“What happen?” he asked, checking on her body if she was injured. She pulled her hair back and panted.

Mingyu saw the syringe on the floor and grabbed it. There was a label on it written ‘succinylcholine’ on it. *Damn! This is used in surgery and can cause muscle paralysis!*

“That can cause breathing muscle to paralyse, right?” she asked. “Boram, who was with you just now?” he asked. She stared at his face. “Don’t tell me-“

Yoongi came running into the room again. “I lost her! Damn!” he doubled over as he was panting so hard. “Who?” Mingyu asked. “Jeong Somi that !” “What?” he whispered in disbelieve and turned to Boram. Her face already fell to the floor, tears dropped from her face. Mingyu pulled her into a hug and caressed her back.

* * *

Boram was at her desk, staring into spaces.

*How can Somi did this to us? How can she tried to kill me? Why? What’s her motive? What did she get if I die? How can she turn into a monster like this? How can she betray our years of friendship?!* Her heart tore every times she thought about all the sweet moment she had spent with Somi and Mingyu throughout the years.

Mingyu who was with Chief Jung stole a glance at her.

“You two must be devastated” Chief Jung patted him on his shoulder. “But Boram is hurt more than I am” Mingyu replied. “She had been with her for years and shares every happy moment together. It must be hurt when her own best friend tried to kill her. I have a hard time believing in it too”

“Why is she here? I don’t think she should be here at time like this” “I know, sir. But she insisted to come to work”

Chief Jung sighed. “We should put her out from the case for now. Anyway” he turned to him. “About the victims of Paradise Villa. Since all of their money is directed into this one single account, I think we should explain to their families”

“Yes that’s the right thing to do” Mingyu sighed. “Paradise Villa. Now that Somi is missing for days, it’s obvious that she’s part of the case”

 

A person walked into the room and pulled Boram to stand. The person pulled her into a hug. Her eyes widened. “Yoongi-ah”

“She’s missing” he buried his face into her shoulder. “Who? Yah, Yoongi”

“Min Yoongi” Mingyu approached them. Everyone had their eyes to the two.

Yoongi broke the hug and threw his phone onto the desk. The phone played the recorded phone call he received not long before. A girl’s scream can be heard. Boram gasped and looked at Yoongi. “Dahyun” He nodded.

“If you want her, come to me. You know where you can find me, right?” “Yah, Somi!” “Hurry up. Or I can us her as a lab rat. I’m sure you’ll like it”

The call ended.

“She got your sister?” Mingyu’s eyes widened. “Yes. And I was talking to Somi when Kookie is right in front of me” Yoongi said to Boram. “I was asking her if he saw Dahyun. But hearing at the conversation, he forced me to tell him the place”

“And you tell him?” Boram asked. He nodded “And he just left me”

“He’s going there alone” Mingyu deduced.

“But how can you have Somi’s number?” she asked. “That’s a long story” Yoongi avoided her eyes. “I’ll tell you later”

“He fell in love with her long time ago” Mingyu answered. Boram furrowed her eyebrows “You what?!”

“I’m sorry but I did nothing with her” Yoongi tried to explain. “Because we work together, I can’t help but fell for her”

Boram snorted. “I’ll deal with you later” She grabbed her coat and ran out the station. “Yah, Officer Park!” Chief Jung called. Yoongi followed her and so did Mingyu. Chief Jung turned to the rest of the officers. “Alright, you know situation, right? Get ready and I’m calling the other 2 units for help”

* * *

Jungkook dashed into Paradise Villa. The place was dead quiet as they received no visitor anymore. *Dahyun-ah*