MISSION 12

The Chaser

“Actor Yun Soohyun was found death in her room in Paradise Villa this early morning. Cause of death is still under investigation…”

Mingyu pushed the door of a café open and went to Boram who sat at the back of the café with a laptop in front of her and a few papers spread on the table.

“Yah” he sat across her. Boram was sipping on her coffee. “Better put that down now” Mingyu told. Boram put down the mug. “Let me guess. Same cause of death?”

“Yes. But there is something you need to see” Mingyu held out the tab. She read the details and her eyes widened. “All Soohyun’s money was transferred-“

“To Yoongi’s account”

Her lips trembled as her eyes met him.

“He’s involve in this case, Boram. Not like we thought he was”

“No” she shook her head. “It must be Jooyoung. He tried to frame Yoongi. He knew Yoongi is helping us”

“Boram” Mingyu called. “He’s lying to you”

“No! I know he’s not” Boram started to pack her things. “I need to see him”

* * *

Boram got out from her car and dashed to a house. “Yoongi” she knocked on the door a few times. “Come out, Min Yoongi!”

The door was opened to reveal Dahyun with an apron on her. Her other hand was holding a ladle. “Yes? How can I help you?”

“Where’s your brother?” Boram asked. “You know my brother? Wait” she squinted her eyes trying to remember. “You’re-“ Dahyun gasped.

“Yes. I’m his ex-girlfriend. Where is he now?” “He went out this morning. I don’t know if he ever come back tonight. He’s mad at me” she pouted. “Where did he go?” “I don’t know. Maybe still at work” “Where is he working?” “At the cafe across the street” “Alright. Thanks” Boram was about to run off. “Wait, you didn’t go to school?”

“No. Yoongi oppa told me not to go” Dahyun snorted. “He’s scared I might go off to meet someone he hates”

“Alright. See you later” Boram left the house. *No he’s scared the police might find him by following you, Dahyun*

Boram ran passed rows of stores. She looked around as she doubled over, panting. There were not many people in the neighbourhood. A hand suddenly pulled her into an alley.

“Shh” Yoongi was holding her against the wall. He lifted his head to a few men in black walking pass the alley. “Come here” he pulled her deeper into the alley.

They stopped and Yoongi took off the cap off his head.

“Dahyun said you went to work” Boram voiced. “You went to my house?” he smirked. “Looks like you still remember my place. Come visit anytime later”

“Yah” “Dahyun didn’t know about this. And I hope she will never know. I didn’t go to work lately” he sighed. “Anyway, I know what had happened” he looked at her. “Are you here to take me to the jail?”

“No. I trust you” “Thanks” he smiled. “But unluckily only you trust me and not the world. They will look for me. Jooyoung and the rest”

“That’s why I come to see you. You need to hide. While I try to clean your name” “I have no other choice, do I?” he sighed. “If anything happens to my sister, help her”

“I will”

* * *

Boram walked into the Cepheus Station. Everyone had their eyes on her as she walked to her desk. She put her badge on the desk and lifted her head to Chief Jung. Her eyes saddened. She bowed. “I-“

“Move away!” a few officers made their way into the division. A man was handcuffed and dragged into an interview room there.

Mingyu came and slung his arm to her shoulder. He smiled to Chief Jung who was clueless as the others.

“Hold your action, Officer Park” he picked up the badge and put it again into her grip. She lifted her head to him in confusion. “You will need this again”

“What is happening?” Chief Jung asked. “Who’s that?”

“That, everyone” Officer Sejong came into the room. She exchanged smiles with Mingyu. “Is the person who transferred Soohyun’s money to Yoongi’s account without the later knowledge”

Boram smiled that she cupped her face, trying to hide her tears.

“Congrats, you two” Chief Jung smiled. “And for you, Officer Park, come to the station again tomorrow. I know you have a lot to tell us”

Boram nodded as she couldn’t utter a word. “Are you that happy for that guy?” Mingyu teased. Boram lightly pushed him away.

* * *

Yoongi stepped through the alley towards his home. He sighed after finished his work. He lifted his head and his steps halted. Boram who was leaning against the lamp post pushed herself off as she saw him.

“Are you stalking me now?” Yoongi approached her. “Tsk” Boram rolled her eyes. “There you go again. So full of yourself”

“I see you’re in a good mood” he voiced as he walked. She followed him. “Yeah” she smiled. “Thanks to you”

“About the case?” “Yes. You’re not involve in the case” “Put your badge on bet?” “Great guess” “Why did you risk your dream for me? That’s weird” he smirked.

“Don’t get any weird idea okay?” she rolled her eyes.

“Anyway, are you going to walk me home?” he teased. “Daebak”

“No way” she stopped. They exchanged eye contact. “I just want to say that I truly grateful that you’re not involve in this case. You’ve saved me. Thank you” she tried to avoid his eyes.

He smiled at her coy behaviour. He patted her shoulder. “No I should be the one who thank you. Thank you for having faith in me”

Boram met his eye again and smiled. There was a tick-tock silence between them.

“You should head home now. Dahyun is waiting” Boram voiced. “Right. See you later” he waved as he watched she started to walk. “Nae” she glanced back.

* * *

“Boram-ah!” Somi waved Boram over. “I miss you so much!” Somi threw her arms around her and embraced her tightly. “Yah, we only met each other last week” Boram smirked. “Yes but just for a bit. I’m sorry I’m super busy lately” “Nah it’s okay. I understand”

“Let’s go in shall we?” Somi glanced at the back. They were standing at the entrance to the hall of the fan meet. Boram’s eyes went to the board Somi was holding. Somi saw her eyes. Her lips stretched into a broad smile as she showed her the board. “I did this last night” Somi the LED of the board. The LED was written ‘Cha Eunwoo’ and his face on it.

“Really?” Boram gave her a look. “Wait” Somi took out two ASTRO light sticks from her bag. “For you. And it’s my treat. Welcome, new AROHA”

Boram chuckled and took it. “Thank you” she turned it on. “Do I look like an AROHA now?” Boram waved the light stick.

“Of course” Somi laughed. “Let’s go in now” she clings arms with her as they skipped into the hall.

“You do bring our tickets, right?” Boram asked. Somi nodded “Sure”

* * *

Boram smiled at the sight of Somi frantically shouting as ASTRO was performing their newest single that was the OST for a drama. Her eyes then went to the boys. *It’s good to know they’re doing just fine*

 

Somi and Boram were in the line beside the stage, waiting for their turn for the meet-and-greet session with ASTRO members.

“Boram, otoke? I’m so excited!” Somi started to fangirl like crazy. “Yah” Boram held onto her with a smile. “Chill. You’re meeting them soon”

“I know. That’s why I’m extremely excited” Somi gripped on her hands. Boram just laughed at her reaction.