MISSION 18

The Chaser

Boram dragged her feet into the grocery shop. She pushed the cart and looked around. The pictures of the wounds came into her mind. She squinted her eyes and shook her thoughts away with a pang. *Come on, Boram. Stop thinking about that for a while* she sighed. *I’m in a bigger problem now. What should I eat this week? And most of my things had ran out. Big problem!*

She took some supplies she needed and put into her cart. She entered the vege section. Boram was comparing the prices of spinach. “Which one should I take?”

“This one looks fine and quite cheaper”

She turned around. “Yoongi”

“Hey” Yoongi smiled at her. Her eyes went down to the basket in his grip. “You’re shopping for grocery too?”

“Nae. Both me and Dahyun are big eaters, right?”

She chuckled. “I know. You never change, Yoongi”

He smiled. They walked together. “So how’s work?” he asked. “Fine? I don’t know. Nothing is easy at work” “I heard about what had happened to Sangsoo and Chaejin. I’ll inform you if I found out anything” “I was just about to ask you about that” “You know I can always guess what you need” They met eyes and quickly avoided each other’s eyes.

“Hey” Boram went to a rack and grabbed a chip. “You want this? I can treat this. You always love this, right?”

“Yes” he smirked. “You remember what I like to eat” he looked away.

Boram avoided his eyes and continued to push the cart away from him. Yoongi smiled and followed her. *She’s blushing like crazy!*

Boram stopped her cart as she saw a little girl tried to reach for a snack on the upper rack. She smiled and approached the girl.

“Hello, can I help you, little girl?” she asked. The little girl in pink dress and a ponytail looked up to her. She pouted “Can you help me take that one, eonni?” she pointed to the cracker she had been trying to take. “Nae, of course” Boram took the cracker and handed it to her.

The girl flashed a bright smile and bowed. “Thank you, eonni”

“You’re welcome” Boram replied and the little girl walked ahead. Boram went to her cart again and saw the girl was looking around in panic. She started to sob.

“What wrong with her?” Yoongi asked. “Don’t know” Boram and Yoongi approached the girl. Yoongi knelt before the girl. “Aigo, little miss” he smiled and curled her hair behind her ear. “Why are you crying?”

The little girl lifted her head and shook her head. “Where is my omma?”

Yoongi lifted his head to Boram. “She’s lost. Let’s send her to the information desk”

“But as a police officer” Boram bent to the girl. “I don’t think I just want to leave her there. I just have the feeling of helping her myself”

Yoongi smirked. “A police always a police”

“Come on, little girl” Boram held out her hand. “Should we look for your omma together?”

“Nae!” the little girl cheered up and took her hand.

“What’s your name, little miss?” “Yang Jiseok” “Oh. My name is Boram. And this” Boram glanced at Yoongi. “His name is Yoongi”

“Hello” Yoongi smiled. “Hello” Jiseok bowed. “Aigo, you’re so cute” Yoongi caressed her head.

 

 

Yoongi sighed as he had to push the cart. He narrowed his eyes to Boram and Jiseok who were walking in front of him. Boram was holding the basket instead. Jiseok giggled at the joke Boram told her. Boram reached op to take a bottle of oil from the upper rack. She had to tip toed.

“She’s too short, right?” Yoongi jeered at Boram as he glanced at Jiseok. Jiseok pouted “Omma said not to tak like that to other people”

“My mistake. Mianhae” he replied, still chuckling at Boram. Boram gave him a look. “If you’re not going to lend me a hand, just shut it” she rolled her eyes. Her eyes widened as Yoongi stood in front of her and took the bottle. The two met eyes. She looked away in embarrassment. Yoongi smirked “Who say I don’t want to help?” *I like to make you go crazy, Boram*

“Thanks” she snatched the oil and stormed off along with Jiseok. Yoongi chuckled.

 

The three entered the frozen food section.

“Want to try some?” a promoter offered some of the fried chicken fillet to the three. “Try this” Yoongi knelt and fed some of it to Jiseok. Jiseok muched on it and her face lit up. “Delicious!”

“You like it?” he smiled. “Nae” she nodded. Yoongi wiped some of the sauce on . “Aigo, Jiseok-ah”

Boram smiled at seeing both of them.

 

They walked into the dairy section.

“You said just now your omma wear pink dress too?” Boram asked Jiseok. “Nae” Jiseok nodded. “And she has navy blue handbag”

Boram continued to look around. Jiseok suddenly stopped walking and flopped onto the floor. She brought her knees into her embrace. She was about to cry.

“What’s wrong, Jiseok?” Yoongi bent over to her. “I’m too tired” she pouted. He chuckled and caressed her head. “Should we ride on aeroplane then?”

“Aeroplane?” Jiseok looked at him with a broad smile.

Yoongi lifted Jiseok on his shoulder.

“Yay!” Jiseok cheered. Yoongi made the aeroplane sound as they ‘flew’. Boram looked at them with a smile and pushed the cart instead. “He sure know how to take care of little girl”

 

 

Boram stopped the cart. Her eyes fixed on a lady with light pink long dress with blue handbag. She was looking around panicly with the shopping basket in her grip. Her eyes looked familiar.

“Excuse me” Boram patted her on the shoulder. The lady jolted in surprise. “Aigo!”

“I’m sorry, madam. But you look like you have a problem? Can I know what’s the problem?” “My little girl. Aigo! I don’t know where she went. I thought she was just behind me” she sighed.

“You’re Jiseok’s mom?” “Yes!” her face lit up. “You know my daughter?”

“Wuussshhhh!!” Yoongi approached them. He stopped. “Omma!” Jiseok called.

“Jiseok-ah!” the lady called her daughter. Tears of joy started to stream down her face. Boram helped Jiseok down and the little girl ran into her mother’s hug.

“Omma!” “I’m so sorry, Jiseok. I should be more aware” the lady caressed her daughter’s head.

 

“Thank you very much, you two. For taking care of my Jiseok” the lady bowed to Yoongi and Boram. “Nae” Boram bowed back. He followed.

“Thank you, eonni and oppa” Jiseok hugged both Boram and Yoongi. “Listen to your mother, okay?” Boram replied.

“I’m so sorry my little girl disturbs your time together” the lady smiled. “No problem at all” Yoongi smiled back and stood close beside Boram. Boram narrowed her eyes at him.

“We’ll be on our way then” the lady bowed again and so did Jiseok. “Nae bye” Boram and Yoongi bowed. Jiseok waved to them as she and her mother left them. They waved back at her.

Boram went to the cart again.

“Where are you going now?” Yoongi caught up to her. “Home. I think I have everything I need already” she replied, not looking at him.

“There is one more thing you need” he stood close beside her and locked eyes with her. “Me” he smirked.

She gulped at how close his face was.

“Do you mind” she pushed him a tad. “Not do that again?”

“Do what?” he continued to search her eyes. “Yah, Min Yoongi”

“Do this?” he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer.

Boram could felt her heart raced. Seconds passed before she pushed him away.

“Yes do that. You should stop it” Boram left him. Yoongi chuckled and caught up to her. “Yah, Boram”

* * *

 

Boram rushed into the station. The officers were busy at their own table.

“They found both Woo Sangsoo and Lee Chaejin” Officer Sejong came to her. “Really? Where? Let’s go now” “Wait” she grabbed her hand and handed the tab.

It shows two different murder scene.

“No way” Boram whispered in disbelief. Mingyu came to her. “Looks like our guess is wrong” he voiced. “Both of them were found dead at the different places and at almost at the same time”

“But how can this happen?” Boram stuttered. Mingyu patted her on her back. “Calm down. We will look into this again later”

“And this the wounds found on both bodies” Officer Sejong showed her the pictures of wounds. “It’s the same wound on Hyukjae’s body”

“Woo Sangsoo is left-handed and Lee Chaejin is right-handed” Mingyu stated. “Looks like both of them are definitely not the murderer of Hyukjae”

“But why are they got murdered?” Boram asked. “Both Sangsoo and Chaejin worked for Kim Jooyoung. Maybe they are turning their back on him too” Mingyu answered.

“Officer Sejong!” Officer Inseong called her over. “Nae, coming” she left both of them.

Boram pushed her front hair back and heaved a heavy sigh. “If everyone who betray on Jooyoung got kill-“

“You should warn Yoongi” Mingyu advised.

Her phone rang and she quickly picked it up.

“Nae, Yoongi” she answered. “Yes. It’s true---They found the bodies almost at the same time with the same wound---I think so too----Alright. Take to you later”

*Talk about Yoongi* Mingyu lost in his thought.

-Flashback-

Mingyu was standing before Chief Jung at his desk.

“Sir, you mean-“ Mingyu halted his word as he found out something so shocking.

“Nae” Chief Jung nodded with a disappointed face. “Yoongi might be the one who kill Hyukjae. Since the bruises found on Hyukjae’s body isn’t from some random hitting. But it turned out that the bruises were from struggling with someone, probably the killer. And it turns out that Yoongi’s fingerprint is found on the dead body”

Mingyu sighed.

“But no worry, Officer Kim. I know you can keep this from Boram. Because I don’t want her to lose Yoongi since he could help up in our investigation” Chief Jung stated. “Anyway, what about the thing I asked you to investigate alone?”

“Oh, about that” Mingyu began. “It seems that the account under Min Yoongi’s name received fund from Kim Jooyoung”

“I knew it” Chief Jung stared into space. “Looks like we should just continue to act to believe in him, right? Min Yoongi did play a role in this game after all” he sighed.

-End of Flashback-