MISSION 01

The Chaser

“Somi-ah, check this out” Boram called Somi who was standing at the other display in the store. “What is it?” Somi came to her and her eyes widened. “Oh my gosh! This is perfect, Boram!” she took the same lips gloss Boram was holding from the display.

“You know that I have good eyes right?” Boram smirked, totally proud of herself. “I know this colour will suits you”

 

 

They got out from the make-up stores.

“Next?” Somi asked. Boram brought up her shopping bag. “I don’t know. I don’t think I need to buy anything more. I only need new blouse”

“Come on, Boram. While you’re on leave, we should spend time more together” Somi cling arm with her. “Yah, you’re not the one who pay for me” Boram rolled her eyes with a smile. “Let’s eat then”

“Deal! But it’s on you” “Somi-ah!” Boram whined.

They started to walk.

“You know it’s hard for you to have the day off like this” Somi stated. “Tell me about it. You know how my boss is” Boram snickered. “I can’t believe I even mention about him on my day off”

“Help! A thief!” a woman snarl could be heard echoes through the huge shopping mall. Somi and Boram looked at each other then a figure dashed pass them.

Somi smirked as Boram pushed her shopping bag to her. “No day off for you today too” Somi snickered. “Tell me about it. I’ll be back” Boram dashed towards the person who ran pass them and left Somi alone.

Boram ran pass people in the shopping mall. Her eyes aimed to the figure. It was a guy. He was holding the woman’s purse. “That really going to pay for disturbing on my day off” she complained. The guy glanced back and saw Boram. He sped up and went through crowd at the escalator.

“Excuse me” Boram tried to catch up to the guy but the crowd slowed her down. “Aish!” she climbed onto the arm of the escalator and slid down.

The thief glanced back. “What the!” his eyes widened in surprise. Boram smirked at him. He saw the escalator and ran down it. Boram doubled over and had her eyes glued to him from the upper floor. She could hear her loud heart beat from the running. He ran into the crowd. She looked up and sprinted towards a junction. She saw the guy who was on the lower floor. Boram saw the ornament hung on the ceiling down to the lower floor. She climbed onto the railing and jumped off. The string was grabbed as she slid down swiftly. She landed on the thief with a thud.

“Get off!” the thief struggled to free himself from her who was pushing him onto the floor. Boram snatched the purse. “I believe this is not yours, mister”

“Let me go, kid!” “I don’t think so, mister” she took out a handcuff and handcuffed the thief on his legs and hands so he couldn’t escape anymore. “See you at the station”

“Who are you?!”

Boram smiled and showed her badge.

“Officer Park Boram from Cepheus Station”

“What?” the thief sighed in despair and collapsed onto the floor. Crowd started to form around them. Boram took out her phone from the pocket of her dress. “Hello, sir. There is a situation in the mall”

* * *

The thief was taken away by other police officer. Chief Jung shook hands with Boram.

“Good job, Officer Park” Chief Jung gave her a smile. His years of experience can be seen through his grey facial hair and wrinkles on his face. Boram always though him as a father. She smiled. “Thank you, Chief” “But next time just call for back up. You don’t have to apprehend him on your own” “Don’t worry, Chief. Although I’m small, but I can arrest him easily” she gave him a sheepish smile. He chuckled. “Nae I know that. Sorry for troubling you during your leave” “It’s okay” “What are doing here? Hanging out with friends?” “Nae” “Alright. Have fun then. We’ll handle this from here” “Nae. Thank you, sir” she bowed and Chief Jung left.

“Yah, Boram!” Mingyu came to her. He had his arms to his waist and stared down to her. Boram knew he was furious. “How many times do I have to tell you about catching thief on your own”
 

“Come on, Mingyu. Nothing bad happen” “But still” he sighed. He held onto her shoulder. “Seriously, don’t do this alone. You have us. You have me”

“Chill, Mingyu” she smirked. “No it just that as a friend, I just worry about you” “Nae, Officer Kim. I will ring you ASAP if this happen again, okay?” “Let just hope this does not happen again” he saw the heel of her high heels came off.

“You’re not hurt are you?” “No. I’m fine” “Hey, wait here” he left her.

Boram sighed and walked towards the nearest bench. “I know he’ll freak out like that” She looked down to her destroyed heels. “Owh I just got these last week” she pouted. Boram took out her phone and saw Somi had given her numerous miss calls. “I almost forgot about this girl”

“Hello” she rang her. “I’m down at ground floor near Gucci”

She ended her call after heard Somi babbled for a while. Mingyu approached her and knelt before her.

“Mingyu-ah” Boram called but he ignored her. He took off her destroyed heels and took out a new rouge sandals from the bag. He wore it to her feet. She was lost for words as she was touched.

“It fits beautifully. Thank goodness” he took the destroyed heels and put into the bag. He looked up to meet her eyes. “I know exactly your foot size. Aren’t I amazing?” he smiled.

“Thank you, Mingyu” she smiled.

 

“Boram-ah” Somi came running towards her as Mingyu was throwing the heels at the bin. “You okay?” Somi checked on her. “You’re not hurt right?”

“Nah I’m fine, Somi” Boram stood. “I’m sorry” she took her shopping bag again.

“So you two going out without inviting me, right?” Mingyu joined them. “Hi” Somi acknowledged his presence. “It’s girls’ day out. If you join us, you’ll have to carry our bags and wait for us outside the stores”

“I definitely don’t want that to happen again. Seriously I regret joining your ‘girls’ day out’ the other day”

“Hey, since you’re here” Boram smiled evily. “I know that smile” Mingyu narrowed his eyes. Somi exchanged evil smiles with Boram and they cling arms with him.

“Let’s eat! Your treat!” Boram cheered. “Let’s go!” Somi punched the air and the girls laughed as they walked.

Mingyu laughed “I see this coming. Alright then. Better eat a lot because it’s on me”

* * *

Boram got into police car at the passenger seat. “Here” she held out a cup of coffee to Mingyu who sat at the driver seat. “Thanks” he took it. She sipped on her hot chocolate.

“Okay now we can continue our patrolling” he put away the cup and started to drive. “Why do we have to patrol instead of the patrolling division again? They had been too busy lately”

“You’re sleepy, Mingyu?” she asked. The car drove through the neighbourhood. “Yeah a bit” “Let me guess is it about the villa case again?” “I had to stay at work late” “Chill, partner. I don’t have any other clue for the case too. All of us are at dead end for meantime”

“Unit K” they received a call from the radio. They exchanged looks. Boram took the radio. “Unit K Team 05 here. Over” “Unit K gather at the station. Unit D and A may need our back up tonight. Over” “We’ll be there. Over” she ended the call.

“Alright let’s go” Mingyu made a u turn and entered the main road.

“Unit D and A handle the gang case right?” she asked. “Uhuh. Maybe the case is bigger than they expected. They should let our unit join in the first place, though” Mingyu replied. “Anyway, let’s just prepare for the worse”