04

Cul-De-Sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

University of Technology Sydney

 

 

_____

 

 

 

 

That warmth of the blanket against her skin. That cool air that came from their air conditioner. That comforting silence in their room- but that did not last long as someone interrupted. Interrupted Dahyun's sleep or should we say her beauty rest. Why on earth would someone interrupts her sleep? Oh wait, that is right- she has a roommate. What's her name again? Lee Chaeyoung? Park Chaeyoung? Let's just say- something Chaeyoung. But why would she disturb her sleep? Sure it is Monday today but the opening of their classes would not start until next week. Did Dahyun forget something important to do today? She sure did not forget anything unless-

 

Dahyun lets out a groan as she kicks off the blanket ", how did I ever forget that?!". "Good morning to you too, roommate" Chaeyoung greets the other girl only to receive a hum. "I'm guessing that you'll be attending the orientation too?" her roommate asks and only Dahyun could give is a nod. She is not totally in the mood.

 

But before Chaeyoung could say anything, there was a knock on the door. There is only one person in mind that Dahyun is thinkiing, Im Nayeon. Or what if it was her roommate's friend? But as soon as the door opens, it was the time that Dahyun lets out another groan while pulling the blanket up, enough to cover her petite body. Forgetting that there was an orientation today. Forgetting that Nayeon told her last time that she will go to Dahyun's room to pick her up. What a great way to start her day. Really great. Dahyun could not contain her excitement on what is coming next.

 

"Oh you must be Dahyun's roommate that arrived 2 days ago?" Nayeon offers her a handshake while smiling at her. Chaeyoung smiles as she gladly takes the other girl's hand "got that right! I'm Son Chaeyoung". The older could not help but to chuckle on how energetic this person is "nice meeting you, I'm Im Nayeon, a Fine Arts student majoring in Painting". The shorter girl gasps with her eyes widening "oh me too! But my major is on Graphic Design".

 

Son Chaeyoung. That is right, Dahyun finally remembers her name. The thing that Dahyun could not remember her last name is because she was too engrossed in playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in her 3ds xl. Damn. Dahyun really needs to learn the art of multitasking. Kim Dahyun, please do step up your game, will ya? But as Dahyun was about to slip to her dreamland, someone suddenly pulls down her blanket. Without even opening her eyes, Dahyun knows who did it. Goddamn Im Nayeon.

 

"oh look at this loser" Nayeon says. The silver head just let out another groan as she tries to reach for her blanket "Nayeon, do me a favour? Can you be nice to me for once?". The other taps her chin while thinking "how about no?". Dahyun rolls her body on the other side while mumbling "oh god please spare me".  "No way Juanita! God has enough stress with you. Give him a break, yeah? This is why he send me to take over" Nayeon sure is grinning widely as she sits on her best friend's bed. The younger quickly covers her pillow on her ears "wow- I suddenly couldn't hear anymore. This is how peace feels like". Nayeon clears "Kim Dahyun, I have a proposal to make. If you won't get up within 5 seconds, you will treat me chicken nuggets for the whole week". By that, Dahyun's eyes shoots open before sliding out from her bed- even knocking Nayeon off. For the love of God, she will be broke even before Uni could start "Another request, Nayeon? I don't want to play with the devil anymore".

 

As the duo kept on bantering with each other, Chaeyoung stares at them with her face that is full of amusement. She sure wants to be part of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter