19

Cul-De-Sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Formality? What is that even?

 

________

 

It was already 10:20am when Sana felt her phone vibrated- who on earth would be messaging her at this hour.She carefully stretches her arm towards the side table, trying not to wake her girlfriend up. "Hello?" Sana quietly answers the call. "How I miss hearing your voice, darling" it was her mum that greets her on the other side of the line. This has made the young Japanese pretty much emotional since it has been a while hearing her mum's voice with her constant packed schedule in Uni "Mum, I missed you". There was a brief pause before her mum could talk "I missed you too, sweetie. I'm very much excited to see you guys later". It was Sana's cue to be speechless. She couldn't even contain this happiness that she feels as of the moment. "Which restaurant are we meeting today?" she asks with a wide smile plastering on her face. "In Iceberg's dining room & bar, it's at Bondi" her mother instructs on the other line "I'll see you later, sweetie". Sana nods as she bids good bye before she could end the call.

 

As Sana sets her phone aside, her gaze falls on Dahyun. Her girlfriend. It feels good on how that word effortlessly rolls out from her lips. As the sunlight somehow hits on Dahyun's skin, her skin somehow looks like a porcelain. When some people heas the word porcelain, they would always associate it with the word fragile. But the truth is that it is the total opposite in which it is not even close to being flimsy but instead it's sturdy. That's how Sana indentifies Dahyun as. Maybe the older loves the younger a little bit too much.

 

With her feather like touches, the Japanese runs her finger from the Korean's forehead til the tip of her nose before continuing it on her lips.

 

"Having fun, aren't we?"

 

The older halts her activitiy before burying her face on her girlfriend's chest "you witnessed nothing". Dahyun chuckles sleepily and Sana swears under her breathe that was one of the attractive of Dahyun. God bless her soul. "Good morning to you too" the Korean greets the Japanese with her being half awake. Sana plops her chin on Dahyun's chest "Mum called earlier and she gave the name of the restaurant where we will be having our dinner at later". The Latter takes a deep breathe "wow" she says "I'm nervous all of a sudden, send help please" she chuckles/ Sana giggles a bit at Dahyun's antics "they will surely like you, Dubu". Dahyun simply nods as she her girlfriend's hair "well, you should take a shower first". Sana nods but before she could slip out from the bed, she quickly plants a quick kiss on Dahyun's lips. Dahyun whines as she was about to catch Sana's wrist but due to no luck available, the older was quicker in terms of reflex "Sana, you nastyass!" she huffs. Sana crosses her arms while leaning on the door frame of the toilet "well get used to it, loser!" she sticks out her tongue before closing the door.

 

The younger could not help but to crack up a smile while shaking her head. So this is the feeling of being in love? Dahyun could not help but to get giddy at this new feeling. It is indeed foreign but she is sure that she'll get used to it in no time- besides it's Sana on who we are talking about anyway. She unconciously touches her lips as she smiles a bit more to herself.. Everything about her screams perfection, at least to Dahyun's eyes. Her lips, her touch, her smile, her eyes. She snaps back to reality the moment when she felt her cheeks burning up once again. She grabs Sana's pillow to hug it. Sana reminds her that she is safe around her arms which put her in ease. Sana is a metaphor of home.

 

As the 2 finally got out from the vehicle, the first thing that Dahyun notices was that the restaurant is just adjacent to the beach. It was splendid as her eyes tries to memorise the small details of the area. There was a light tug on her hand which brought her back to reality. That's right, she's going to meet her girlfriend's parents for the first time- well Sana's mother to be exact. Her eyes travel towards Sana's face, she pays attention on how Sana's eyes shines under the sun.

 

"Breathe in, breathe out, Bub. You'll be fine" the older leans forward as she pecks the younger's forehead in which it surprisingly put Dahyun at ease. Sana is always there for her, how could she missed this action? Oh yeah that's right, Dahyun was too busy in pushing those feelings before. Learning from the past, Dahyun surely wants to get to know her girlfriend more. 

 

It's alright to be late than never, right?

 

Finding Sana's parents isn't that hard since there are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter