16

Cul-De-Sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Prey and Predator

 

 

_____

 

 

It has been 2 weeks since the last incident had happened. Theses days Dahyun has also been keeping an eye for Sana, it seems that there is something off towards the older. The silver head could not point out the main issue and moreover, her roommate has been preoccupied lately that is why she's been hnaging out with them less even back in their dorm. It seems that Sana is unusually tagging along with them everytime since she would be found hanging out with Chaeyoung more often. It was kind of weird but a good kind of weird..

 

Sure, Dahyun could be clueless at times but not stupid. The said girl has that gut feeling where something has had happened that nobody informed her. Or maybe that is what she had thought.

 

"Dubu!" a familiar voice made Dahyun snaps out from her thoughts. "Chaeng!" Dahyun could not help but to feel a little bit giddy whenever she sees her roommate. The shorter girl plops down her bagpack on that floor in getting her sketchpad "take a look at these!". The older leans forward as her roommate starts flipping the pages to somehow showing off her latest sketches. "Dude, you sure love to do manual rending huh?" she grins while looking at the details of the drawing. "Hah! At least I'm not the only one who loves to do things manually" the younger wiggles her brows playfully earning a hi-5 from the former. "That is why we are the best roommates!".

 

As they are busy catching up with things, a familiar figure is seen walking down the stairs. Both roommates are caught breatheless once again. On one hand, Dahyun has that familiar feeling where her heart just sped up for 200 km/hr. On the other hand, Chaeyoung needs to think of another excuse although just by looking at the figure just made her mind run blank.

 

Oh balls.

 

"You dyed your hair to black" Dahyun states the fact while looking at the Japanese in awe. Sana smiles brightly while looking at Dahyun "yeah, I even pulled Mina to go with me yesterday". "You still look beautiful" Chaeyoung suddenly blurts out as she quickly lowers her head in embarrassment. The Japanese shifts her gaze to the shortest girl while chuckling "thank you, Chae".

 

Out of the blue, Dahyun claps her hands causing the other 2 girls to startle. "Chaengie, I just remembered something! Remember 3 nights ago where Nayeon blabbers this BBQ shop that her and Momo discovered at Zomato? The one at Coogee beach!" the pale girl while widely as she shakes Chaeyoung's shoulder gently "they asked me to make you come with us this lunchtime since your next class and my class starts at 2:30 p.m".

 

Think fast.

 

"Ah well- I was about to tell you that I have to finish my homework at the Labs ("Labs" means computer laboratory) today" Chaeyoung huffs in frustration in thinking about her assessment while making a face. Sana slowly wraps her arm around the shorter girl as she gives it a light squeeze "come on Chae, it has been a while since you hang out with us". The younger slowly swallows a big lump "maybe this weekened? Since our 1st semester is going to end this Friday" she s her sketchbook inside her bagpack once again. "You promise?" Dahyun juts her lower lip while putting her hands on Chaeyoung's shoulders. Chaeyoung makes a face as she slowly pushes Dahyun away from her "ew I told you not to make that face!". Dahyun let's out a smug smile as she leans forward "so this means a yes from you, right?". The younger squeals as she puts her bagpack in front of her "Kim Dahyun I swear to all of the tofus out there to make you stop doing that face!".

 

Before the silver head could do further more teases, Chaeyoung quickly ruffles her hair as she bids goodbye to Sana as she makes her way to Level 3 where the Labs are located. When Chaeyoung left early, both Dahyun and Sana went to the Cafe at the University in meeting their friends. 

 

"Chaeyoung seems to be in a hurry lately and tried to preoccupy herself with things" the younger glances at the older as she proceeds "she isn't used to be like this before". Sana slowly inhales as she takes Dahyun's hand "May I talk to you quickly before meeting the girls?". Dahyun slightly squints her eyes in suspicion but nonetheless she agrees "sure, lead the way".

 

 

_____

 

 

At Gloria Jean's coffee shop, there is Momo and Jihyo standing beside the waiting area in order to get their coffees which are Flat White and Long Black. It was just those usual days where Jihyo and Momo hangs out at the said Coffee Shop near UTS before attending to their tutorials. Those long but comfortable s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter