09

Cul-De-Sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Coincidence

 

 

_____

 

 

It is that time of the year where people are so over rubbing on sun cream on their faces. Where leaves starts to the its grip loosen from the branches. Where people starts to buy new coats or jumpers. But for the students at the University, this is the time where the gates of hell opens. Midterm. Who even likes examinations? No one except for those teachers who enjoy observing their students running around like headless chickens. Actually there are advantages of being an Art student. One, there are no written examinations! Hell, no more memorising of theories or formulas- so long mathmatical equations, I will never see you anymore. Two, almost all projects are done in group works. Praise the heavens for giving more hands and brains to work. But of course there are always a downside of being an Art student. One, you will be really lucky if you could sleep an hour or two. Heck, not all projects and researches comes in easy, right? Where is the thrill. Two, not all of your group mates are workaholic. There will always come a time where you just want to strangle that one group mate of yours because he/she is not excerting any effort. Last, energy drinks like red bull and monster will become your best friend during project making. Just a piece of advise, do not drink 2 energy drinks in one night because for sure you will be staying up for 2 days straight. But above all struggles, at least the students could work in UTS for 24 hours. Hell, this is like the 7/11 shop having a new makeover. Also, you can always use their student shower room at anytime! To tell you, huge amount of individuals claim that UTS is their 2nd home, how cool is that huh?

 

But one of the apartments in Broadway, there is this one person who just do not care about anything. Hirai Momo. This is the time of the month where she usually gets a lot of job done and get paid afterwards. Not to mention that there will always be her favourite treat inside the envelope. But what could Momo do? She needs money in order to buy the materials for her projects. Also, she can at least forget her problems temporarily kudos to the treats that Yongguk gave her. It is a win-win situation anyway, right? Or maybe that is just Momo's mindset.

 

"" Hirai groans while shifting her body on the matteress as she reaches for her phone that is on the side table. 9:30 PM. She does really regret using her few amounts of knowing that she has her project still undone. What an idiot. The brunette slides off from her bed before making her way to the bathroom to refresh herself. She stares at reflection at the mirror for a while as her eyes studies her features. She changed so much. From that red shade in her eyes to the cut on her lips, she could not refrain herself from smiling sadly. What has she done with her life?

 

After contemplating to herself whether she should eat her dinner or not, it always comes down to her final decision, she will eat her dinner. She quickly slips herself inside her jacket, gathers her money and phone before heading to the Broadway mall.

 

______

 

"Jihyo, are you working in Uni tonight?" Seungwan puts her Froot Loops inside the cart while glancing at her friend. The said girl hums as she thinks. True, Jihyo likes to work inside her apartment but at the same time she does not since she always creates so much mess and so much mess leads to cleaning her apartment. "Guess I'll be working at Uni tonight" she mumbles as she stares at the Coco Pop cereals that is 2 shelf abover her. Jennie smiles as she reaches for the ceareals from the rack "alright cool, I'll just get my canvas from my room".

 

The trio are currently having their grocery inside Coles at the Broadway mall. Since Jihyo is living all by herself, 2 of her friends decides to accompany her and if you are asking where is Moonbyul? Well she is the only on who does not live around the city but instead she lives at Parramatta- takes 30 minutes of travel time.

 

"I'll get some timtam really quick!" Jihyo announces as she gives her cart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter