03

Cul-De-Sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Contrast

 

 

_____

 

 

 

Somewhere in a dark alley in Redfern, the sun sinks in the horizon. It's rays of light glimmering in the darkness of the clouds faded and the pale glow of moon shines on her skin. Her brown dilated orbs are shown the moment when she steps out from the shadows. Her hands are shaking in excitement. She wants to see more blood- it makes her have that settling feeling. Yes, she is a sadist but she cannot end someone's life like that, maybe it's because it is not her forte.

 

She crouches down towards the helpless body that is in front of her. She scans the person, hoping that he is still alive- or at least "half" alive. Sometimes she wonders on why she is like this but it all comes down to a conlusion- she blames her abusive step father. Once she has a heart that is only to describe as pure and innocent but now? Now that is inside her heart is pure hatred and sorrow. She never wants to become the person she is right now but faith leads her to this kind of life. She missed her mum so bad that she just wants to steal her away from his useless step father. One day she will fullfill that plan. One day.

 

"Good job Hirai" the voice of their leader made Momo snaps out from her thoughts.

 

Momo puts her hands on her knees as she slowly stands up but her gaze never left from the helpless body. The leader then hands her a black envelope that is full of cash, Momo did accept it. This is the only way on how she survives her life. The Japanese slips her fingers inside the envelope while taking the cash out carefully,  she then starts to flip bill after bill. $500 just for this job? Not too bad. But wait, a small clear plastic slips off in between the bills and Momo really knows what is inside that packet. Her happiness.

 

"Take a break Hirai, you have been working for too long" their leader speaks once again. The Japanese shakes her head while picking up the packet from the ground "I'm alright, Yongguk". Yongguk sighs as he gently puts his hand on Momo's shoulder "I insist. Besides the opening of your University is just around the corner, I'll call you once again if we need help".

 

Thar is true, her classes would start really soon and who the hell in their right minds would show up with a face full of cuts? Definitely not Hirai Momo- well somehow.

 

Momo could only nod at her leader's request. She is still clutching on to that clear plastic, that is the only item that keeps her away from reality- somehow. Oh faith, why are you playing with her like this? All she wants to have a peace in mind, not temporary but permanent.

 

As Momo arrives at her apartment, she quickly clears the things from her dining table before placing the packet on top of it. To take it or not? The brunette has been battling with her mind about it. Her mind is a mess and that reflects on what kind of life she has right now. This tiny plastic is her only safe haven for now. She tears the packet, revealing the white powder that she has been craving for. . How her heart hammers ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter