17

Cul-De-Sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Closure

 

 

_____

 

 

This is the day where Chaeyoung will finally tag along- well, more likely dragging her out. Actually the original plan is just to eat where Momo and Nayeon are talking about, which was located at the Coogee beach. Just traveling at approximately half an hour. But instead, Mina and Sana had other things in mind where they wanted to have an overnight- maybe spend the whole weekend at the said location. The others quickly agreed to this since Midterms is finally over and they would have Winter break for a month.

 

And hell no papito that they will stay at their dorm 24/7, trying to freeze their asses off. "Winter is coming" as what Mr. Snow had said and heck they need to entertain themselves with various activities.

 

As Jihyo was about to search for any available apartment to be rented on the weekend, Sana stops her. "Mina and I already knew a place to stay" the older offers a warm smile while Mina shoots a thumbs up while wearing a smug expression. Jihyo eyed them suspiciously trying not to buy on whatever they are trying to offer but seeing them being excited she just brushed it off. 

 

In going out from their dorm, Mina suggests to pass at Novotel which is just located adjacently from their dorm. As the crew walk towards the said hotel, seeing a black Chevrolet Express, both Mina and Sana rush towards the car. The window rolls down in revealing a chaperone which shocks everyone.

 

"Come on in guys!" Sana chirps as she slides the door open. Instead of going inside the vehicle, the rest of  the group were left astonished. "Wait- are you taking us with that thing?" Jihyo's jaw hangs low while examining the van "you're not going to kill us, right?". Mina chuckles while shaking her head "no, silly! We will tell you the pointers about us" she makes a hand gesture pointing at herself and to Sana. Momo hums before turning towards Seulgi as she shots her a wide grin "rifle, mate!" (a/n: rifle is like "shotgun" but this is located at the backseat where windows are located.). Both of them said in unison before literally pushing the Great Im off with a loud thud was heard. "Yah! Hirai Momo and Kang Seulgi, I will ing choke you both!" Nayeon suddenly got her legs moving in a swift. There was a collective gasps and laughter on how they witness Nayeon, Im Nayeon just moved quickly.

 

Within that half an hour ride, instead of spilling their secrets to their friends, the banter between Nayeon, Momo, and Seulgi was the only thing they have to witness. As what Dahyun had dubbed, 'The fight of the Century', they all thought that Nayeon is the savage one between the trio but to their surprise Seulgi got some magic under her sleeves too- which snatches Nayeon's wig. Nobody saw that coming. A surprise attack from the Almighty Kang.

 

"And we are here!" Sana beams as she slides the door open before heading out. "Yah!" Nayeon lets out an ungirly grunt "I thought you were about to tell us something!". Chaeyoung laughs while shaking her head "sorry but you guys were the hottest headlines thoughout the ride" she said while playfully patting in a sympathetic gesture on Nayeon's back. 

 

As Nayeon was ready to fight Chaeyoung, another collective gasps were heard causing Nayeon to quickly gets out from the van. The moment when Nayeon sees the house, she also found herself gasping at the Architecture. It always amazes her on how people are combing different styles of Architecture in forming a brand new style. Or maybe that's what Nayeon thought since she only have a handful of knowledge about that area.

 

"You're thinking too much again" Nayeon looks at the person beside her. Dahyun takes a glimpse at the other while smiling "if you're wondering on what kind of style is this, this is called Arts and Craft. The term refers to the early 19th Century British and American movement to revive handicraft. This movement was also the inspiration behind the Craftsman and Bungalow styles". Nayeon furrows her brows as she tries to remember those words before snapping her fingers "Aha! Correct me if I'm wrong but is the Gamble house by Greene bros considered as one?" she is sure that she is smiling widely. Dahyun was taken back in surprise "don't tell me you did some research??". Nayeon laughs "God, no! I overheard you saying those words when you had a sleepover in my room last time".

 

Carrying their bags while ushering themselves inside the infrastructure, both best friends heard another comment "is this a welcoming party in joining a cult or nah?". Jihyo has this 'o' shape mouth while looking around the painting in the house. Momo carefully creeps behind her before successfully catches Jihyo off guard but  as a result Jihyo has a quick reflex in whacking Momo's head with her hand. The Japanese whines while rubbing her head "what was that for!". Jihyo laughs as she draws Hirai closer to her "that's for surprising me, silly" she pecks her forehead. When the 2 shared an eye contact, neither or them wants to speak up and this led up where their cheeks are showing a light shade of red. As Nayeon being Nayeon, she clears loudly causing the other girls to jump. "Just so you know that Dahyun and I are still here witnessing your lovey dovey moment right before our eyes" Nayeon lets out a loud laugh as she quickly takes a snap from her iPhone 7. Instead of being shy, Momo simply smirks as she puts her hands on her hips "says the one who has a crush on someone here". If Nayeon's body parts are flexible for sure her eyes would be popping out from their sockets right now. "Goddamn it, Mo! Fight me will ya!" she rolls up her sleeves while impersonating Bruce Lee's famous pose.

 

On the other hand, Dahyun made a quick escape from the battle. Heck no, she doesn't want to be their referee in their fight. Instead she made her way to the balcony where she spots Chaeyoung snapping some photos from her Canon G7x. "Photographer Chae" Dahyun slides beside her roommate while o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter