Chapter 23

You

“Daehyun! What happened?!” Misun quickly stood up as the boy brought Sooyeon over.

 

Daehyun sighed as he laid the unconscious girl on the floor. “Directly after the curtains fell after the last scene, she fainted.”

 

“Ugh, what are we going to do? She’s kind of an important character!” The club president was pacing around the room.

 

“You ought to take her to the hospital.” Everyone looked up to see Sera and Yongguk in the doorway. “It’s probably just exhaustion, but the girl needs to be checked out by a doctor, regardless.”

 

“Unnie! Where have you been?” Misun hadn’t heard from her friend since the last time they spoke face to face over a week ago. She had been beyond worried, but that didn’t matter right now. “Never mind, tell me later. Can you help us out? You know first aid stuff, right?”

 

Sera observed her friend as she walked closer to the unconscious girl on the floor. “I do, but that’s not going to help much. Have someone call up an ambulance. Oppa and I will make sure she gets to a hospital.”

 

“No, I will.” Youngjae said as he led the emergency medical technicians into the room, his phone still in his hand.

 

“Wait, you already called them??” The club president was beside himself. The stress was obviously getting to him.

 

“I called them the second I knew something was wrong.” Youngjae said, pushing people aside so that he could help the EMTs get her onto the stretcher. “I’ll go with her. Noona, hyung, if you could meet us at the hospital, that would be helpful.” The older two nodded at him and just like that, Sooyeon was taken out of the room, quickly followed by Yongguk and Sera.

 

Everyone just kind of stared at the empty doorway for a moment, collecting themselves after this intense rollercoaster of events. Finally the club president spoke again. “Okay, but seriously. What are we going to do? Does anyone know where her understudy is? She never showed up this evening..”

 

“One of the understudies was one of Sooyeon’s old friends. So they probably didn’t show up just to be mean to her.” Misun said, thinking hard about their other available options. She looked up at Daehyun and recognized the look in his eye. “Ohhhh, no. No no no no. Definitely not.”

 

“Please, Misun!” He grabbed her hands, holding them tightly. “This is an emergency!”

 

“Oppa, I can’t!”

 

“Can’t what?” The president was watching the two of them, confused by the conversation that they were having.

 

“She knows the lines for the second half of the play-” Misun freed her hands and put them directly over Daehyun’s mouth in an attempt to shut him up. But it was too late.

 

“Misun-ssi, is that true?” She looked down at the ground, feeling her cheeks burn as she nodded her head. “Then what are we waiting for? You have to do this! Please, there’s no one else!!”

 

Suddenly everyone was begging Misun to do something she really did not want to do. As Daehyun realized this, he wanted to kick himself in the face. He knew she didn’t like attention on her. He should have waited until they were alone to ask her. Seeing the almost-scared look on her face now was enough to make him feel guilty for years. He sighed and pulled her into a hug, hiding her from everyone else.

 

“Everyone shut up for like two seconds!” He yelled in his loudest voice. “If she doesn’t want to do it, she doesn’t have to. I’m sure the audience would understand if we explain the situation.” Misun looked up at Daehyun and he eventually looked down at her. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pushed you.. I just-”

 

Misun cut him off with a brief kiss and hugged him tightly. “Oppa, will you be on stage with me? At least to start me out?” She asked in a quiet voice for only him to hear.

 

“Of course. I’ll even stand in the wings and be right there if you need me.” He whispered back in her ear, hugging her tighter. He felt Misun nod against his shoulder and he felt a small ray of hope.

 

After a few long seconds, she had made her decision. She pulled away from Daehyun and gave him a little half smile. “Okay, I’ll try.”

 

The whole room erupted in excited cheers before Misun was taken off by Fae to get changed into the only other outfit that they had left for Belle. Misun applied her makeup while Fae set her hair and both were thanking their lucky stars that Misun and Sooyeon had been the same size when the dress was made.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Daehyun asked as the two of them stood side by side, waiting for the second half of the play to begin. He could barely take his eyes off of his girlfriend. Belle’s yellow ballgown suited her very well and he wanted to take her away right then. He didn't want any other guys to see her looking this good.

 

“No..” She replied in a shaky voice. “But it’s a little too late to back out now, huh?”

 

He reached out and squeezed her hand, holding it tightly. Daehyun leaned over and kissed the top of her head. “I believe in you. Just keep your eyes on me, okay?” She nodded and let go of his hand as he entered into the spotlight first.

 

Misun followed and what came after was a whirlwind of nerves and bright lights. She focused on Daehyun for strength when she needed to, but after she got the hang of it, Misun actually began to have some fun. There was a certain sense of accomplishment that she felt during the final dance scene as she kissed Daehyun for the entire audience to see. She barely registered their applause until Daehyun pulled away once the curtains were down. She blinked rapidly and looked around.

 

“We’re almost done. Time to bow.” He whispered. Daehyun took her hand as everyone else gathered on stage and the curtains rose again. Taking turns, everyone got to come to the front for their applause. It was the first time that Misun had really looked out into the huge auditorium and noticed how many people were actually there. Finally, they all held hands and gave a big bow together as the curtains fell for the final time that night.

★☆★☆★☆
Youngjae to the rescue~
I wanna bow with Daebutt, too ;;/
But anyway, that's it for now. See you next week probably..