Chapter 13

You

A month had gone by since the night that Misun had told everyone about her past. None of them shied away from her or ignored her. If anything, they put in extra effort to include her in everything.

 

Misun sighed as she looked at the snow falling outside the clubroom window. The fall had turned into winter abruptly, causing many people to grumble about the cold.

 

“Misuuuunnniiieeee….” Daehyun's unmistakable voice made it's way to her ears and she smiled.

 

“Yes, Daehyunnie?” She teased, looking over to see the boy bundled up in layers.

 

“I'm bored and cold.” He pouted.

 

“Go play with Youngjae?” She suggested as she continued sewing the last button onto Beast’s jacket.

 

“He's busy.”

 

“Go practice your lines?”

 

“They all skipped today to go play in the snow.”

 

Misun sighed good naturedly and clipped the thread. “Well what do you want me to do about that?”

 

“Practice with me.” He demanded with puppy dog eyes, stretching his arms out to her.

 

She looked at him and froze. “What?”

 

“You're done with this, right?” He asked, taking the jacket from her hands and standing up with a smile. “Come on~” Daehyun grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

 

“Fae unnie, I'll be back.” Misun looked back at the older girl who was quickly running fabric through the sewing machine. In the past month of working together, the two had become friendly and comfortable with one another.

 

She stopped and looked up. She pushed her glasses back up her nose and nodded. “Have fun.”

 

Daehyun led Misun down the hall to an empty room. She watched curiously as he flipped through the script. “You know I don't know any of the lines, right?”

 

He looked up and grinned. “That's fine. I just need someone to be present and reply to what I say.”

 

“Alright then..” She agreed, leaning against a desk.

 

“Let's practice the final scene.” He suggested, setting the booklet down.

 

“The dance scene? Don't you do that with Sooyeon all the time?” She asked, looking away. Misun had become really attached to Daehyun over the past month; sometimes she felt jealous when those two would go practice alone.

 

Daehyun smiled and grabbed her hands, putting one on his shoulder and holding the other in his own hand. His other hand went to her waist, pulling her closer. “I don't actually pay attention when I practice with her, though. My thoughts are usually elsewhere.”

 

They began dancing and Misun looked up at him. “Where?”

 

Daehyun blushed and looked away. “I have a crush on someone. I think about her a lot.”

 

“Oh.” Misun felt a strange constricting sensation in her chest. With how close she and Daehyun had become, she had thought that he liked her. I guess that's not the case…

 

“This is the part where we're supposed to kiss.” Daehyun said, leaning down to whisper in her ear. She pulled back and looked at him, startled. He laughed and moved in, placing his lips against her forehead. “But that'll have to do, hm?”

 

“I should get back to my projects.” Misun told him, pulling away.

 

He pouted but nodded. “Sorry I took you away from your work.”

 

She smiled at him and shook her head, having gotten over the shock his lips had left behind. “I'm glad you were able to practice a little today.”

 

“I'll walk you back to the clubroom.” Daehyun offered his arm to her. Misun linked arms with him and he led the way back.

 

“Fae unnie, I'm back. Sorry I took so long. Have you finished the-”

 

“Misunnieeee!” Himchan's unmistakable voice sounded from behind her and she turned around with a smile. He walked into the clubroom, his hair and shoulders covered in a light dusting of snow. “Why didn't you pick up your phone? I've been trying to-” Himchan stopped in mid sentence as his eyes made contact with Fae’s.

 

He seemed to be in a trance, so Misun waved her hand in front of his face. “Oppa? Helllooo?”

 

Daehyun shook his shoulder and Himchan finally snapped out of it. He blinked a few times before a slight pink tinge appeared on his cheeks. “Misun, who's your friend?”

 

“Hm? Oh, this is Fae unnie. She's been helping me put together the costumes for the play.” Misun looked behind her and introduced the blushing girl.

 

“Hello, please call me Fae.” She quickly stood up and bowed, knocking over her chair in the process.

 

Himchan rushed over and picked it up. When it was upright, he realized he was much closer to the girl than he could handle. He stared down at her into her eyes as she stared back at him. “Um h-hi. My name is Kim Himchan. Thank you for looking after Misun.” He bowed slightly and smiled at the girl.

 

“Oh, it’s really nothing! She actually looks out for me just as much. I’m constantly getting hurt or knocking things over or dropping things..” She rambled on, trying to look at anything but the handsome man standing in front of her.

 

“Hey do you wanna go get a cup of tea or something?” Himchan asked, trying his best to be smooth and cool.

 

Fae glanced over at Misun, unsure of what kind of action she should take here. Misun nodded encouragingly and grinned. “Go ahead! You’ve worked hard today.”

 

The older girl nodded and shyly looked up at Himchan’s face. “I would love to.”

 

“Good, because I wasn’t going to take no for an answer.” He smiled cheekily and grabbed her hand, pulling her along behind him as she slung her backpack over her other shoulder. “Misun, I’ll call you tonight, okay?”

 

“Yeah, yeah~ Have fun oppa~” Misun grinned as she watched them leave. She then looked over at Daehyun who had his hand covering his mouth. “Daehyun oppa, are you okay?”

 

He suddenly burst out laughing, startling the girl next to him. “I’ve.. I’ve never seen him.. Like that..” He said as he caught his breath. He wiped away a tear and sighed. “He’s so smitten with her, did you see that?!”

 

Misun grinned and went about cleaning up their workspace. “I did see that. He was very cute.”

 

“But I’m cuter, right?” Daehyun asked, constantly needing to have his ego boosted. Misun gave him a judging look and shrugged her shoulders. “Wait, what’s that supposed to mean?!” Daehyun held her by her arms and shook her a little, causing the girl to giggle at his antics.

 

“Yes, oppa, you’re definitely cuter than Himchan oppa.” Misun told him while patting his cheek. Daehyun smiled and his eyes disappeared into little crescents. “Anyway, I think I’m done here for today. I’m going to head home and do some homework.”

 

Daehyun nodded and helped her clean up the rest of the mess. “I think I’m going to stay behind and see if I can’t get those losers outside to come in and practice for a while.” They both looked out the window and saw grown college students having a full snowball fight out in the courtyard.

 

“Good luck with that.” Misun said with a laugh as she picked up her backpack and put her arms through the straps.

 

“Be careful on your way home, okay? Call me if you need anything.” Daehyun pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. She hugged him back and quickly pulled away.

 

“You, too.” She blushed and looked down, quickly turning and practically running out of the room.

★☆★☆★☆

A/N: heyyyyyy guys

Omg I'm getting so pumped for this story. I have up through Ch. 15 written, so I hope to upload those soon. 

I'm also working on a Yongguk one shot, so hopefully I'll have that ready for you soon, too!