Chapter 17

You

“Misunnnnnnnnnnie” Daehyun came into the clubroom and looked around.

 

“She’s not here yet, Daehyun-ssi.” Fae glanced up from the sewing machine as fabric piled around her.

 

“She’s usually here early though.” Youngjae stated as he slung his arm around Daehyun’s shoulders.

 

Fae nodded. “Maybe give her a few more minutes to show up.”

 

Daehyun pouted and sighed before nodding in agreement.

 

Down in the gym, Misun was pounding away on her punching bag. Sera had taped up her hands before she started so she was able to go extra hard.

 

“I still don’t think avoiding him like this is the best option.” Sera told the younger girl as she leaned against the wall and watched her friend. “Besides, you kind of have to go to club at some point.”

 

Misun huffed and stepped back. “I know, I know…” She sighed and began unraveling the tape around her knuckles. After Daehyun’s confession on Saturday, the two of them had spent the rest of the day together. But now, she felt nervous. “What if he’s changed his mind? Maybe it was a dream.”

 

Sera rolled her eyes and came over, flicking the girl on the forehead. “You know it wasn’t a dream. That adorable necklace is proof enough.” She said, looking at the jewelry hanging around Misun’s neck. “Also, Daehyun is the type to take careful consideration when he makes big decisions. You know that by now, right? He wouldn’t confess just like that and then change his mind. Give the guy some credit!”

 

“I like him so much, though. It’s terrifying to think that he may change his mind.” Misun sat down and aggressively tossed the wad of tape at the ground in front of her.

 

“He promised, right?” Sera sat down next to her and stretched out her long legs while she tucked her hands into her hoodie pockets.

 

Misun nodded. “Yes, he did. But unnie… I’ve been promised so many things and been let down so many times.”

 

“I know, Misun-ah, but listen to me, okay?” Sera closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall. “You followed my advice, so I’m going to give you some more. The terrified feeling that you have now is actually good. It means you care a lot about him. And that you want him to feel the same. Believe me, he is feeling the same way. He knows about your history. He’s not going to just abandon you like that.”

 

Misun was quiet for awhile as she considered the older girl’s words. “You’re right..” She finally sighed. “I’m still going to be worried though. I don’t think I can change that.”

 

“And that’s okay! Just be honest with him and tell him how you’re feeling. He’ll be sure to set you straight every time. I can just tell he’s that kind of guy. Like Yongguk, but even more so.” She smiled at the younger girl in encouragement. “Now let’s get you up to the clubroom. I’ll stay and help out if you want.”

 

The younger girl nodded and they both got up, gathered their things, and left the gym. On the way, a thought occurred to Misun. “Unnie, how did you and Yongguk oppa meet? You never told me.”

 

Sera blinked and looked away. “Uhh… You really want to know..?”

 

Misun nodded, her curiosity piqued. “Of course! It must have been really romantic, right?”

 

She bit her lip and shook her head. “Not at all, actually. I was really scared.”

 

Misun looked at her in surprise. “What? If you don’t want to tell me, that’s okay. I can respect that.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I mean, you did tell us about your history after all.” She glanced at the girl and gave in. “Okay, so over back in June, I was walking back to my apartment at like two in the morning from my work. I lived in a bad part of town, but no one had ever bothered me, so I thought I was safe. But as it turns out, I wasn’t. A group of guys started following me about halfway home.”

 

“No way.” Misun was surprised and didn’t like where this story was going.

 

“Way.” Sera stopped walking and sat on a bench near a window. Misun sat next to her and continued listening. “So anyway, one of the guys grabbed me by the arm and spun me around. It was dark and I couldn’t really see very well; I knew self defense, of course, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to fight back against all of them. They told me to come with them and when I said no, they pushed me until I fell over. I scraped up my hands and knees pretty bad when I fell but I wasn’t concerned with that. Suddenly the guy was on top of me and I couldn’t do anything. I was terrified. They were being loud and obnoxious enough that someone noticed as they were walking on the opposite side of the street. He came over and... stopped them.” She paused in her storytelling as she thought about how graphic she wanted to go with this tale.

 

“It was Yongguk oppa, right?” Misun asked, to which Sera nodded.

 

“It was. He got them to leave and as he bent over to see if I was okay, I passed out.” She shook her head and chuckled. “It was kind of pathetic. Oppa later told me he was so confused. He had no idea what to do with an unconscious girl in the middle of the night in a bad part of town.”

 

Misun smiled. “I don’t think I would know what to do either.”

 

Sera grinned wryly and sighed. “So apparently he then went through my bag and found my ID. It has my address on it, of course, so he picked me up and dragged me all the way there. By the time I woke up, I was in my bed and it was morning. Yongguk was asleep on my couch and I think it was at that moment that I fell in love with him.” She smiled genuinely, looking outside at the snow as she continued. “Like, the sun was shining in through the curtains, hitting his tattoos and his face just right and damn, it was a hot sight to see.”

 

Misun laughed at the girl’s frank statement. “Then what, then what?”

 

Laughing, Sera glanced at her watch. “Come on, you’re late enough for club as it is.” She stood up, her hands in her hoodie pockets again as she led the way.

 

“Nooo, tell me..” Misun begged.

 

“Maybe some other time.” Sera winked and grinned, enjoying hanging this in front of her friend tauntingly.

 

“No, you gotta tell me~” Misun tried to use aegyo, making Sera laugh.

 

“Tell you what?” Daehyun’s head popped out of the clubroom as they approached, having heard their voices coming down the hall.

 

For a few seconds, Misun just stared at Daehyun and he stared back. Finally she got up some courage. “H-hey…”

 

He broke out into the biggest smile, his eyes disappearing into crescents as he walked over. “Hi. I’ve been looking for my girlfriend. Have you seen her?”

 

Misun blushed furiously as Sera made fake gagging sounds behind her. “Um, uh, no..?”

 

He shook his head and leaned in, pressing his lips lightly to Misun’s. “It’s you, dummy.” Daehyun pulled her into a tight hug, which she returned, a reluctant smile on her lips.

 

“Well I’m glad you found her.” She replied. She looked up at him and Daehyun winked at her before leaning in and kissing her longer. Misun kissed him back, just enjoying the moment.

 

“What the actual hell?!” Sooyeon’s screech caused the two of them to pull away quickly and look around in alarm. They saw Sooyeon standing in the doorway, watching the two of them. If looks could kill, Misun would be long dead by now.

 

“Hey, calm down.” Youngjae put his hand on her shoulder, which she just roughly shook off.

 

Sera watched the interaction intently, ready to fight, if it came to that. She glanced between the couple and the enraged girl, as she tried to think of a way to diffuse the situation.

 

“Sooyeon, I’m sorry…” Misun said quietly as she shrank against Daehyun. His hold on her tightened as he looked at the girl who locked his girlfriend in a shed only last week.

 

“Misun, you have nothing to be sorry for.” He told her. Then he sighed. “Sooyeon, you knew this was going to happen eventually. Just accept it and move on. I love Misun.”

 

At hearing his words, Misun felt her eyes sting. She nuzzled her head against his chest, willing herself to keep it together. Sooyeon growled and stomped away, tears in her eyes as well.

 

Once she left, everyone slowly calmed down. Daehyun looked down at the girl in his arms and kissed the top of her head. “Hey, are you okay?”

 

She nodded and sighed, pulling away slightly to look up at him. “I’ll be fine. Thank you.”

 

Sera sighed as well and waved. “Okay, Daehyunnie, if you’ve got things under control here, I’m out. I’ll see you guys later.”

 

“Bye unnie! Thank you for telling me your story.” Misun let go of Daehyun and went over to hug the other girl. “I’m glad Yongguk oppa found you.”

 

Her friend looked down at her in surprise, but returned the hug with a smile. “Me, too. And I’m glad Daehyun found you.” She looked up and winked at the boy, who was watching them in confusion. She let go and stepped back. “Okay~ See ya.” With that, the girl walked away.

 

“What do you mean, ‘your story’? Did she tell you about her past?” Daehyun asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

“She hasn’t even told us that yet!” Youngjae had his eyebrows raised and his hands on his hips.

 

Misun grinned and grabbed Daehyun’s hand. “Maybe I’m just special.” She smiled, tugging him toward Youngjae as the three of them went into the clubroom to get to work.

 

“You definitely are.” Daehyun said quietly and grinned as he followed her, loving the feel of his hand in hers.

★☆★☆★☆
New chapter~ :D
AND NEW COMEBACK SAAJDKSFLSA;GDJAKG I CTAN' EVEN TYPE OMG
I haven't been able to think about anything since the MVs came out. Thus the reason I haven't updated this story in like a week. ajfdkal;jgkla Please support them and give them lots of love~ <3
 
Okay.
Daehyunnie is finally together with Misun~ And it's super great? Like I'm so excited for them lol
 rude 
Busan Dae is bad for my heart
 
Yongguk is perfection. Just FYI. (actually, they all are, but you know.. biases and what not..)
His and Sera's relationship is actually really complicated. I want to delve into it more, but at the same time, this is a Daehyun story....
 
Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter. Let me know what's up