Chapter 14

You

Sooyeon watched as her ex-best friend walked across the courtyard as she was leaving the school. She felt a little bad about the way things turned out between the two of them. A while back, several members of the theater club had offered Sooyeon a spot in their elite clique. The only catch being that she wouldn’t be able to be friends with anyone outside that group. Sooyeon had hesitated in making a decision until she learned the truth that Misun had been hiding from her. Sooyeon had been so angry. How dare someone she calls a friend lie to her? How could she have kept all of those things to herself? She decided that she didn’t want liars in her life, so she gradually started to drift away from Misun. When Misun began hanging around Daehyun and Youngjae, that just became another reason for Sooyeon to hate her. Misun knew how she felt about Daehyun.

 

“Alright, let's do this.” Sooyeon led the five others toward Misun. Sooyeon picked up some snow and packed it into a ball. Aiming carefully, she threw the ball and hit Misun square in the back of the head.

 

Misun stopped walking and turned around. “Can I help you?” She brushed her hand through her hair in an attempt to get the ice out.

 

“Follow us.” Sooyeon said in a taunting tone. Misun rolled her eyes but followed anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

 

They stopped near a shed at the edge of the school's property. Nahyun reached out and grabbed Misun by the backpack, ripping it off of her. It fell down to the ground as the girl grabbed her arm and pinned her to the side of the building.

 

Misun glared at Sooyeon’s friend as she heard another person fiddling with the lock on the door. “What the hell is your problem?!”

 

“You are.” Sooyeon told her. She picked up some more snow and shoved it on top of Misun’s head. “I like Daehyun and you know it. You're getting in my way on purpose. I know you are.”

 

Misun cringed as the ice slid through her hair. “I'm not trying to do anything! He's just a friend!” It hurt to say that, but if saying that was what Sooyeon wanted, then so be it.

 

“Don't lie to us.” Nahyun grabbed a fistfull of snow, pulled Misun’s jacket aside, and stuffed the whole thing down her back. Sooyeon grabbed more and poured it down her front.

 

Misun yelped and tried to get away. “What the heck is going on?! Leave me alone!” She pushed the girls away and swung out with her right fist. It connected with Sooyeon, right across her cheek. The girl stumbled back and looked up with a glare.

 

“Oh, we'll leave you alone.” She pushed her blonde hair aside and nodded to one of her other friends. They grabbed Misun, pinning her arms to her sides. She was picked up and pushed into the shed.

 

Misun stumbled and fell to the ground. She quickly scrambled up to her knees as the doors were slammed shut. She lunged for the door, pounding her fists against it. “Let me out!”

 

“This is better.” Sooyeon’s voice came from the other side. “Maybe this will teach you a lesson. Daehyun is mine.” There was a final blow against the door, followed by silence.

 

Misun sat back on the ground with a sigh. She shivered in the darkness of the silent shed. Reaching into her back pocket, she pulled out her phone. She unlocked it and groaned; there was only ten percent of the battery left.

 

Quickly, she went into her contacts and found Himchan’s number. She dialed it and held the phone up to her ear. “Come on, c-come on…” She whispered as she rocked back and forth while shivering.

 

“You've reached Kim Himchan, the most handsome man in Korea. Please leave a message after the-”

 

“Ugh!” She ended the call in frustration. She buried her face in her hands as she thought. She was cold and wet and wasn't thinking clearly. If only Sooyeon wasn't so obsessed with Daehyun… Daehyun.. Wait a second..

 

Redailing her phone, Misun held the phone up to her ear again. After two rings, someone picked up.

 

“Misunnie! This is the first time you've called me!” Daehyun’s cheerful voice helped ease Misun's worries slightly.

 

“Dae-Daehyun..” Misun shivered and struggled with her words.

 

“Hmm? Speak up, what was that?”

 

Her phone beeped as the battery dropped below five percent. Misun's heart rate sped up and she made a better effort. “Daehyun, I I need y-your helpp.”

 

“What's wrong? Where are you?” There was a sudden sense of urgency in his voice.

 

“I'm s-stuck in a s-shed. Edge of c-c-ccampus… Can y-you p-please-” Misun's phone beeped and powered down as the battery ran out. “Dammit..” She pulled the phone away and groaned again. She brought her knees up to her chest, hugging them tightly.

 

For several minutes, Misun sat there in the silence. All she could think about was how cold she was. Suddenly she heard shouting.

 

“Misun, where are you?!” She could hear Daehyun's voice from the outside.

 

She scrambled to the door, banging on it with her fists. “DAEHYUN! In here!”

 

There was some shuffling noises outside and suddenly the door burst open and Misun fell out. Luckily a pair of warm arms caught her before she hit the ground. “Misun! Are you okay? What the hell happened?!”

 

Daehyun's voice was music to Misun's ears. “Daehyun..” She looked up into his eyes, seeing the worry etched into his face. “You found me.”

 

“Of course I found you. Let's get you inside.” He slung her backpack over his shoulder and suddenly picked her up, one arm behind her back, the other under the legs. “It's freezing out here, what were you doing? What if I couldn't find you?” Daehyun continued talking away as he carried Misun all the way to the clubroom inside the school.

 

He set her down next to the radiator and knelt in front of her. Carefully, he reached out and cupped both of her cheeks in his hands. They were ice cold against his palms and he sighed. “Misun, talk to me, please. What happened?”

 

She looked into his deep brown eyes and sighed, taking one of his hands in both of her’s. She shivered a little at the warmth coming from them. “Sooyeon and her friends wanted to talk about.. something. She led me out there and pushed me into the shed.”

 

“Okay, but why are your clothes and hair wet?” Daehyun asked as he brushed some hair behind her ear.

 

“They threw some snowballs.” She said plainly and looked at him with pleading eyes. “Oppa, I'm tired. Can we play twenty questions later?”

 

He regarded her for a moment before nodding. “Hold on.” He took her jacket off of her and replaced it with his own. Daehyun then pulled her down onto his lap and positioned her so that Misun's back was against the heater. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close. He kissed the top of her head and gently rubbed her arm as she shivered against him.

 

Misun nuzzled up against Daehyun's chest and closed her eyes. She could feel the heat radiating out of him and it was quickly filling her up.

 

After about ten minutes Misun finally felt normal again. She pulled away and glanced up at Daehyun's face. He was watching her carefully, trying to make sure she was okay. She quickly looked away, unable to hold eye contact when she was this close. She thought about what to say and her lips. “Um, thank you for coming to save me, Daehyun oppa..”

 

“Of course.” He reached out and tilted her chin so that she was looking at him again. “Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

She shook her head. “No, I'm fine. I'm just really glad you picked up the phone.” She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged her friend tightly.

 

“Anything for you, Misun. I was just practicing with some of the guys when I heard my phone ring.” He told her as he hugged her back. “Why did you call me, though? I thought Himchan hyung would be your first choice.”

 

“He was, but he didn't pick up. Then I thought of you.” Daehyun smiled as he heard her say this.

 

“Maybe he’s still busy with Fae-ssi..?” Daehyun wondered and Misun nodded against him.

 

“I hope he’s having a good time. He deserves to be happy.” Misun said.

 

“And you deserve to be warm.” Daehyun told her. “Let’s get you home, okay?” He stood up and pulled her along with him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close against his body. As they walked out into the cold, he was glad he was already wearing three layers of clothes.

 

“Oppa, aren’t you cold?” Misun looked up at him, feeling bad that she was still wearing his jacket.

 

He shook his head cooly and smiled. “I’m a man, a little cold won’t bother me.”

 

She laughed. “Says the man who was just complaining about the cold three hours ago.”

 

“Yah!” He looked at her incredulously. “How could you say something like that?! That definitely wasn’t me.”

 

They continued to bicker like this all of the way back to Misun’s apartment. It helped her forget about the crazy afternoon she had had. At her doorstep, she turned to Daehyun. She took off his jacket and handed it to him. “Thank you for letting me borrow this.”

 

“You looked good in it, so I didn’t mind.” Daehyun told her with a wink. She blushed at his intense cheesiness and looked away. “Hey, this weekend.. Are you free?”

 

She tilted her head to the side. “Yeah, I don’t have any plans.”

 

“Will you come to the mall with me?” He asked. “I want to pick out something for my crush so that I can confess to her, but I have no idea what girls like.”

 

Misun felt her heart drop into her stomach. She tried to hide the disappointment from her face, but he still noticed. “Y-yeah, let’s do it.”

 

He gave her a heart-stopping smile and pulled her into a hug. “It's a date! Thank you, I promise it’ll be worth it.” He kissed the top of her head and pulled away. “I’ll pick you up around ten on Saturday morning, okay?”

 

She nodded and let go. “Alright, I’m sure we’ll find something for her. Thank you for walking me home, oppa.”

 

“No problem. I’ll see you later!” And with that he turned and walked down her stairs and began his walk home.

 

Misun sighed and opened the door to her apartment. She stepped inside, dropping her coat and backpack by the door. After kicking off her shoes, she made her way deeper into the house. She found herself hoping she would fall asleep quickly tonight, even though the chances were slim.

★☆★☆★☆
A/N: Heyyyyy guys~

Dae did a good job, huh?

Damn him and his adorableness... I mean, gee, he's cute!
How do you think their mall "date" will go?? Daebutt wants to know.