Chapter 21

You

Misun walked into her living room with two bowls of chips and set them down on the coffee table. Jongup and Zelo were busy killing each other in a video game while Daehyun and Youngjae were sitting on one couch talking to each other. The other couch was taken up entirely by Himchan as he lay across it with his head on Fae’s lap. She brushed her hands through his hair as they talked quietly to each other in their own little world.

 

“Oppa, you're taking up the whole couch.” Misun whined, walking over to stand next to him.

 

He smiled up at her cheekily. “What are you going to do about it?”

 

Misun grinned back at him before turning and sitting on his thighs. “This.”

 

He yelled and tried to push her off while Fae just laughed at this pair. She really admired how well these two got along. “I'm getting too old for this!” Himchan complained when Misun wouldn't move.

 

“Ajusshi, be nice to my girlfriend.” Daehyun threatened, kicking out and hitting the older boy’s leg.

 

“ ‘Ajusshi’?!” Himchan sat up and Misun tumbled to the ground in surprise. “I'll show you to respect your hyungs.” He stood up and went to attack the boy aggressively.

 

“Himchan oppa, noooo!” Misun pulled him off of Daehyun and pushed him back onto his couch.

 

“Misun, if you need a space to sit, come over here.” Daehyun stood up, wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, and pulled her down to sit on his lap.

 

She blushed as she looked at him. “I'm heavy, let me up.” She requested, repeating what she had mentioned the previous night.

 

“You didn't seem to think that when you sat on hyung just now.” The boy pouted cutely to get what he wanted. “Besides, I like having you right here.” He smiled and leaned in, kissing her on the lips lightly.

 

“Aish, you're so clingy.” Youngjae teased, rolling his eyes.

 

Daehyun stuck his tongue out at the younger boy. “You're just jealous.”

 

Youngjae scoffed and rolled his eyes but looked away. Misun looked at him curiously, a little confused by his reaction. He happened to catch her gaze and smiled a little, telling her that he was fine and not to worry.

 

“No! I was so close!!” Zelo cried out as Jongup scored a winning kill against the younger boy.

 

“You have to be one with the game, Zelo.” Jongup said in a wise tone. “Maybe you should practice more.”

 

“Aigo you sound just like Yongguk hyung.” Zelo lied on his back and flailed his arms and body around. “Speaking of Yongguk hyung. Does anyone know where he and noona are?”

 

Misun looked at the boy and shook her head. “Unnie just said that they couldn't come and would just see us next week.”

 

“She did say something about research and homework.” Youngjae reminded her and Misun nodded after remembering that detail.

 

“Maybe they're on a secret mission.” Jongup suggested, taking one bowl of the chips for himself.

 

Himchan shook his head at the younger boy. “Where do you get these ideas??”

 

Jongup just shrugged before turning back to Misun and changing the topic completely. “Can we watch a movie, noona?”

 

“I want to see ‘Train to Busan’!” Zelo yelled, sitting up quickly.

 

Misun laughed at these two maknaes and nodded. “Go for it, you know where the movies are.” She vaguely pointed to the rack of movies as she snuggled back into Daehyun’s embrace. Himchan watched the pair with a small smile, remembering how they were when they first met.

 

Fae looked at Himchan and tilted her head. “What's that grin for?”

 

“Hmm? Oh, it's nothing~” He chuckled at being caught staring. Himchan then pulled Fae into his arms as everyone settled in to watch.

 

Misun really tried her best to stay awake this time. However, about two thirds of the way into the movie, she was out. Youngjae could see her face from his seat next to Daehyun and grinned. He gently nudged his friend and nodded at Misun.

 

“Again?” Daehyun chuckled quietly and shook his head. “She did this last night, too.”

 

“Is that why you didn't come home until this morning?” Youngjae wiggled his eyebrow suggestively to add to his sass while Daehyun glared at him.

 

Before Daehyun could reply, Himchan intervened. “You're really lucky, you know?” By now everyone else had pretty much lost interest in the movie and instead turned their attention to the oldest boy.

 

“How is that?” Daehyun asked. Misun snuggled closer to his neck and he felt so excited to have her so close.

 

“It only took you, what, a month? To get her to trust you, that is.” Himchan said looking at the girl in his friend's arms.

 

“Not even that.” Zelo suggested, adding his thoughts to the conversation. Then he grinned. “She would text me sometimes and ask about you. But don't tell her I told you!”

 

Daehyun raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Wait, really?” Zelo nodded in response.

 

“Aww, that's really cute.” Fae smiled at the pair, blushing at the sweetness unfolding before her.

 

“It took at least two months for her to trust me and I was spending almost every day with her. So just don't forget- I paved the way for this relationship.” Himchan continued with a cocky grin. “Anyway, having her trust you so much that she falls asleep on you is amazing. She doesn't do that with just anyone. So I think you're very lucky.”

 

Daehyun took a moment to think about Himchan’s words before nodding in agreement. “I don't know if it's luck, but I think you're right.” He smiled and kissed the top of her head.

 

They went back to watching the last few minutes of the movie. Once it was over, everyone but Daehyun slowly got to their feet.

 

“It's past 1am..” Youngjae commented, looking at his phone.

 

“We should get going.” Jongup suggested as he began to head toward the door.

 

“Wait, hyung.” Daehyun called out for Himchan and the older boy turned around. “You've known her longer. Do you know how to wake her up?”

 

Himchan laughed and nodded. “She can be a heavy sleeper, huh? You just have to know what to do.” He walked over and pinched the outside of her ear.

 

Misun jumped and looked around suddenly. “What?!” She relaxed as she saw Himchan standing next to her with a big grin on his face. She rubbed her ear and scowled at him. “You didn't have to pinch so hard, oppa…” Himchan stuck his tongue out at her and laughed before walking away.

 

Daehyun reached out and turned her head so that her pinched ear faced him. He leaned in and kissed it, making Misun giggle at the ticklish sensation. “The movie is over and everyone is going home now.” He told her when he pulled away.

 

She frowned and nodded before standing up. “I'll see you all out.”

 

Daehyun followed her and put his shoes on with the rest of them. He was the last one out the door when he turned and stopped to look at her. “Are you going to be okay by yourself?” He asked, reaching out to her cheek.

 

“I'll be okay, oppa. I always get through the night somehow.” She gave him a small smile and nod.

 

Daehyun searched her eyes with his own. “You don't have to put up a brave front for me, Misunnie…”

 

She bit her bottom lip and looked down. “I…” she sighed and didn't meet his eyes. “I don't want to seem too clingy. I don't want you to get tired of me by spending too much time with me.”

 

He just stared at her for a second. This girl just did not understand him at all. “You've got it so backwards, dummy.” He pushed her back inside and shut the door behind him. Daehyun then pushed her up against the wall and kissed her. He desperately wanted her to understand his feelings; how much he loves and needs her.

 

Misun pulled away first and looked up at him in confusion. “What’s backwards?”

 

Daehyun sighed and cupped her face between his hands. “Your thought process. You don't seem to understand how I feel. I love you, Misun. I need you.” He felt her cheeks heat up even more as she blushed. “You're so important to me and that only grows stronger every day. I promise, I won't get tired of you.”

 

“But ‘promise' is-”

 

“A big word, I know.” He grinned at her. “Just let me prove it to you. Stay with me until you believe in me as strongly as I believe in you.”

 

She looked to be on the verge of tears, but she still nodded before crashing her body against his. She hugged him so tightly that it hurt. She put all of her fears and hopes into that hug and he returned it right back to her.

 

“Now. Do you want me to stay or go?” Daehyun asked without pulling away. He figured she would have an easier time if he wasn't looking directly at her.

 

Misun was quiet for several moments before he heard what he was wishing for. “...stay…?”

 

He smiled and kissed the top of her head before pulling away. “I was hoping you'd say that. Come on.” Daehyun winked at her and took her hand, leading her to her bedroom for the night.

★☆★☆★☆

Heyyyy~ 
So I'm thinking about adding in a chapter. It would be a skippable one, not really plot-related, and so on. What are you guys' thoughts? Yes? No?

Edit: Ehhh, I don't think Misun and Dae are ready for -level relationship stuff. It's only been like, what, two weeks into their relationship? lol

If you want a Dae , I just wrote this so hopefully that will work? Blind