Chapter 5

You

Himchan and Daehyun walked on either side of Misun on the way to the ice cream shop. As Himchan held the door open for the other two, his phone began to ring and vibrate in his pocket. Looking at the screen, Himchan smiled a little.

 

“Sorry guys, you go ahead, I have to take this phone call. I’ll join you in a minute.” He shooed Daehyun and Misun in ahead of him and closed the door on the bewildered pair. Outside, Himchan silenced his alarm. He had forgotten to set it from afternoon to morning last night, which would explain why he was late getting up that morning. He held his phone up to his ear to pretend to be on an important call. Hopefully Daehyun wouldn’t screw things up too badly. “He better thank me later.” Himchan thought with a smirk as he looked around aimlessly.

 

Inside the warm ice cream shop, the other two were consulting the menu of available treats.

 

“Thank you for your help today..” Misun said quietly, looking not at Daehyun, but at the menu above the soft serve machines.

 

He glanced at her and nodded. “There’s nothing to thank me for, it was the right thing to do.”

 

“But still, I’d like to give you my thanks.” She said, a light blush growing across her cheeks.

 

“If you really want to thank me, you could start by calling me ‘oppa’ instead of adding ‘ssi’ to my name.” Daehyun suggested with a broad smile.

 

Misun looked at him like a deer in headlights, surprised by the boy’s comment. “U-um, I don’t…. I don’t know if I can…”

 

“Relax, Misun.” Daehyun laughed it off, deciding to play the cool card. “I’m teasing. Mostly. You really don’t have to be formal with me unless you want to be.” He gave her a gentle grin and looked away first, pretending to look at the menu again.

 

“Okay..” She replied in a small voice as she also returned her attention to the front.

 

Daehyun was still trying to think of something witty to say as they stepped away from the counter with their respective ice creams in hand. Suddenly, someone bumped into him, knocking the ice cream out of Daehyun’s hands. The person walked away without so much as an ‘excuse me,’ but that wasn’t what Daehyun was concerned about. The ice cream landed with a splat on the ground and he just stared at it with wide eyes. He then dropped to his knees next to the mess on the floor. He had found his chance to make Misun laugh and he was going to take it.

 

“Misun, what do I do?” He looked up at her with the most devastated expression he could muster.

 

For a moment, all the girl could do was stare at him in confusion. “Go get a mop?” She suggested, unsure of what was even going on at the moment.

 

“Get a mop?!” Daehyun repeated, an incredulous expression taking over his features. “You want me to clean him up and throw him away?? Ice cream is not so easily replaced, you know!”

 

“A-actually, it is…” She said, pointing behind him to the soft serve machines. A small smile was beginning to form on her lips as she realized that he wasn’t being entirely serious.

 

“No, this was the only ice cream for me. I’m a one-ice cream kind of guy.” He said seriously while he looked her in the eyes.

 

Before the surprised girl could even reply, a clerk came over to the pair of them. “Excuse me, sir, you’re welcome to get a new ice cream on the house. We’ll clean this up right away.”

 

“Come on, Daehyun-ssi, let’s get you a better ice cream. You deserve the best that they have, since you defended me so well today.” Misun said with a smile, tugging on Daehyun’s jacket to get him to stand up.

 

“Alright, I guess I have no choice.” He admitted sadly. “But it’ll only be the best if you help me pick it out.” His face transformed into a toothy grin as he winked at Misun and took her hand. He pulled her along after him and asked her to choose the best flavor and toppings for him.

 

“Um, do you want something like mine? I picked cheesecake flavored ice cream with strawberries and chocolate on top.” She suggested, not really knowing what the boy actually liked.

 

“I love cheesecake! That sounds perfect~” He smiled at her again, hoping she was feeling more relaxed. He ordered the ice cream and carried it protectively to their table, making Misun giggle quietly at his antics.

 

As they sat down, they looked outside and saw Himchan still on the phone, talking away. He glanced inside and waved at them, then made a mocking face as it seemed the person on the other end of the line continued to talk his ear off. Misun and Daehyun laughed and waved back at him before turning their attention to their desserts.

 

It was silent for a few minutes, which was unbearable for Daehyun. “So, what should we do next Thursday night?” He asked, trying to get some kind of conversation going at this table.

 

Misun looked up at him, her spoon still in . “Eh?”

 

“Next Thursday..? Zelo had asked if everyone could get together again.” Daehyun said with a smile, realizing a pattern with this girl. She seemed to be in her own little world most of the time, causing her to zone out.

 

“Oh, right!” She said before taking another spoonful of ice cream into . “I don’t know, what do you guys want to do?”

 

Daehyun was silent for a moment as he ate and thought. “How about we all make dinner together then watch some movies?” He suggested.

 

Misun nodded slowly. “That would be good. Do any of you know how to cook besides oppa?”

 

“Well, we can all cook. But it’s not always… Edible.” Daehyun replied, looking away.

 

Misun laughed, “I see. Well I can cook a little.”

 

Daehyun grinned and nodded. “Oh, I hear Yongguk hyung’s girlfriend can cook! Her food is apparently pretty decent; compared to ours, at least. That’s what hyung told us the other day.”

 

“Really? I haven’t met her yet..”

 

“Met who yet?” Himchan asked, coming over and sitting next to Daehyun with his own ice cream.

 

“Oppa!” Misun smiled upon seeing the older boy’s face. “Is your phone call done?”

 

“Yeah, they had some questions about some instruments that just couldn’t wait until tomorrow.” Himchan lied smoothly as he began to eat his ice cream. “But besides that, who haven’t you met, Misun?”

 

“Yongguk hyung’s girlfriend.” Daehyun replied for her as Misun’s mouth was full of ice cream once again. “We were thinking that next Thursday we’ll meet at Misun’s place again to make dinner together and watch movies. I suggested bringing hyung’s girlfriend because she can actually cook, unlike the rest of us.” He laughed at Himchan’s surprised face.

 

“Yah, you punk! I can cook, too, you know! Don’t you go replacing me with that woman, too!”

 

“No one’s replacing you, oppa.” Misun said as she tried to keep her laughter at bay. It didn’t work for long though as Himchan looked at her with puppy dog eyes. Daehyun ended up laughing at Himchan first. His laughter was so contagious that the other two gave up and laughed along with him, as well.

 

Once things quieted down, Himchan shook his head at their silliness. “I suppose that’s a good idea, Dae. I’ll ask Yongguk about it tonight.” The other two nodded, already beginning to look forward to next week.

 

 

******

Hey my dudes.
Napoleon has started the performances. Daebutt has made me so proud. Look at him go. <3

 

that blue coat looks amazing on him

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please look forward to more!